TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (January)

Options

Replies

• brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Hello team TBBT. The January Challenge doesn't officially start until Sunday, January 5th, but I thought I'd give you some more information so that you can be ready to jump in with both feet! Within the main weight loss challenge we have another optional, but highly recommended, challenge. It is called the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge, or the Mini Challenge. It is based on another MFP challenge group by the same name, or UAC.

The way it works is simple:

1. Log everything you eat that has calories in MFP.
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget.
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. This could be anything that gets you off the couch and being active: run, walk, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.
    4. Report each day on this thread (something to the effect of logged food: yes, under calories: yes, exercise: yes, and a brief description is nice)

****When you post your accountability, please put the date, or the day of the week to which you are referring. We are all in different time zones, and some people post in the evening for that day, and others post the next morning, so it gets confusing trying to decipher without a day or date. Thanks!!!*****

You get one free pass day a week (went over calories, could not log food, rest day, etc.) At the end of the week, if you have managed to be "accountable" (three yes's) for at least 6 of 7 days, you will be recognized on this thread as being in the Winner's Circle!

This strategy works for weight loss because it is based on CI<CO. When calories in are less than calories out, you stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget, and you will lose weight! And exercise is just good for you, plus it will burn calories and help with the calories out portion of the equation!

What's great about this challenge is that it works for everyone, as long as you are honest with yourself. There are no dietary restrictions, so you can eat whatever you like, and follow whatever plan you like. Your own daily calorie budget is set by you and MFP and you choose your own exercise and intensity of exercise! Plus it is a practice that can be carried beyond weight loss into maintenance! If you are having a bad week, a new week and a fresh start is just around the corner!

Consistency and new habits have been shown to be the keys to long term successful weight loss. Why not make the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge your new habit, that you do consistently!!

Week #1 for the Mini Challenge starts Sunday, January 5th!!

• brandi_84
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Brandi. I am one of the TBBT co-captains. I'm 35. I'm a stay-at-home/ homeschool mom. I have been trying to get back to healthier weight for quite some time now. But I seem to keep going from one end of the 180s to the other. I am determined to keep trying.

I look forward to getting to know all of our new TBBT members and the continued support and inspiration from those that are continuing their journey here.
  • brandi_84
    Options
    Username: Brandi84
    Step Challenge: Not Interested - I don't have step counter right now
    Water Challenge : Not interested - I'm going to back off this one this time because I feel like I'm not participating much any way because it has been such a struggle to intake so much liquid.

Food Challenge: Interested
    Exercise Challenge: Interested
  • asha170880
    asha170880 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi, i had missed 2 weigh in Dec 2019 challenge and was removed. Can i join back now for Jan ?
  • HappyGrape
    HappyGrape Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    @cmhubbard92
    Username: HappyGrape
    Step Challenge: Interested & 70 000
    Water Challenge : Not Interested yet. I think I drink enough water, I will keep an eye on it and join if I feel I need to
    Exercise Challenge: Not Interested yet. I will stick to walks for the first month and step count will cover that

I work in office 3 days and they are the hardest days of the week for me. It will be great to have the food challenge to help me be more prepared!

• HappyGrape
    Options
    I am 41 mother of one teen, working full time and living in Dublin Ireland. Last few years kicked my butt and unfortunately I regained weight. I have always had to keep an eye on my weight but never been overweight before and that's hard to face up to be honest. The generation before me - my parents side of the family all struggled/struggle with obesity and I knew it's going to be a challenge for me. This makes it even harder to accept that I still let it slip.

However, I am really positive about the year ahead. My goal is to go back to healthy BMI by end of March.

I am going to try to think about goals next few days and post them here but sustainability is a key for me.

Looking forward chatting to you all

• cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    Username: Brandi84
    Step Challenge: Not Interested - I don't have step counter right now
    Water Challenge : Not interested - I'm going to back off this one this time because I feel like I'm not participating much any way because it has been such a struggle to intake so much liquid.

Exercise Challenge: Interested

@brandi_84 I totally get it with the water challenge! It took me a while to work up to drinking a lot of water! Glad you're still on board for the challenges again :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    HappyGrape wrote: »
    @cmhubbard92
    Username: HappyGrape
    Step Challenge: Interested & 70 000
    Water Challenge : Not Interested yet. I think I drink enough water, I will keep an eye on it and join if I feel I need to
    Exercise Challenge: Not Interested yet. I will stick to walks for the first month and step count will cover that

I work in office 3 days and they are the hardest days of the week for me. It will be great to have the food challenge to help me be more prepared!

@HappyGrape welcome to TBBT! Hopefully the 3 days planning helps when it comes to your office days! *normally* the food challenges helps me during the middle of my work week as well!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    asha170880 wrote: »
    Hi, i had missed 2 weigh in Dec 2019 challenge and was removed. Can i join back now for Jan ?

@asha170880 you need to post your starting weight/day in the registration thread :)
  • asha170880
    asha170880 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    asha170880 wrote: »

@asha170880 you need to post your starting weight/day in the registration thread :)

sure, thank you
  • stubbornloser
    stubbornloser Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Username: stubbornloser
    Weigh in week: 5 - Jan 2, 2020
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous Week’s Weight: 195.7
    Today’s Weight: 196.4
  • gboles79
    gboles79 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    @cmhubbard92

gboles79
    Step challenge interested 70,000 per week
    Water Challenge Interested
    Food & Exercise Challenge Not Interested
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Jan 1
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Step: 9228
    Water:80oz
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    January 2
    Weigh in day- Thursday
    Previous- 175
    Current- 174.5
  • HappyGrape
    Options
    Jan1
    1. Log everything yes
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget yes
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. Few walks - 13 000 setps
    4. Report each day - yes

Jan2
    1. Log everything yes
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget yes
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. 11 000 setps, including 2 30 minutes walk
    4. Report each day - yes

• Kathi7501
    Kathi7501 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Jan. 2

Hello teammates! After spending my entire adult life very overweight, I lost 100 pounds several years ago using a meal replacement plan. It worked great, but I regained about 40 pounds and have bounced up and down the same 20-40 pounds since. I started being more committed to losing weight in earnest again at the beginning of November. I meet with a nutritionist once every two weeks and a personal trainer once a week. More importantly, I'm determined to lose weight through normal healthy food and exercise -- to prove to myself that I really can, if for no other reason. I joined another challenge just before Thanksgiving and really appreciated the sense of team it helped create. So here I am.

I'm 52, live in Wisconsin and have a fabulous job I love even though it's pretty sedentary.

SW: 233.9
    CW: 219.2
    GW: No real idea. Originally shooting for 190, but BMI would still be pretty high. Technically, at 5'10" I should weigh 128-164 but I haven't been below 185 in more than 30 years. So 190 for now, to be adjusted later.

Username: Kathi7501
    Step Challenge: Interested. Let's go with 35,000 per week since 5,000/day is hit or miss
    Water Challenge : Interested, 72oz/day
    Exercise Challenge: Interested, 15 minutes (minimum), 5 days/week

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Kathi
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Kathi7501 wrote: »
    Jan. 2

Hello teammates! After spending my entire adult life very overweight, I lost 100 pounds several years ago using a meal replacement plan. It worked great, but I regained about 40 pounds and have bounced up and down the same 20-40 pounds since. I started being more committed to losing weight in earnest again at the beginning of November. I meet with a nutritionist once every two weeks and a personal trainer once a week. More importantly, I'm determined to lose weight through normal healthy food and exercise -- to prove to myself that I really can, if for no other reason. I joined another challenge just before Thanksgiving and really appreciated the sense of team it helped create. So here I am.

I'm 52, live in Wisconsin and have a fabulous job I love even though it's pretty sedentary.

SW: 233.9
    CW: 219.2
    GW: No real idea. Originally shooting for 190, but BMI would still be pretty high. Technically, at 5'10" I should weigh 128-164 but I haven't been below 185 in more than 30 years. So 190 for now, to be adjusted later.

Username: Kathi7501
    Step Challenge: Interested. Let's go with 35,000 per week since 5,000/day is hit or miss
    Water Challenge : Interested, 72oz/day
    Exercise Challenge: Interested, 15 minutes (minimum), 5 days/week

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Kathi

Welcome to the group, @Kathi7501 :) congratulations on your loss so far, and I hope this group helps you even more!

Just a heads up, the step challenge is the choose-your-own, the rest are kind of "pre-set" water: 64oz goal, exercise 30min 3 times a week, and food: plan and stick to meal plan 3 days.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    1/2/2020
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Steps: 8,015(and counting)
    Water: 96.9oz
  • zaraizzy56
    zaraizzy56 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    @cmhubbard92,
    When do we officially start the challenges? I'm doing the exercise and the water challenges. I saw a workout challenge is that the same as the exercise? but I didn't see a water challenge.I might be looking in the wrong place.

Thanks,
    Karla
  • brandi_84
    Options
    My goals for January:
    1.Plan meals ahead and stick with it.

2. Drink a glass of water first thing in the morning before anything else.

3. Strength training or Zumba 2 times a week

4. Get back into the habit of walking my 2 boys (dogs) most days.

I have already meal planned for January Week 1 and 2.
This discussion has been closed.