Holiday weight spike!

I hope everyone had a great holiday season. How much did you gain (if anything)?

I ate and drank everything I could get my hands on and gained about 5lbs since about 12/21. In addition to high consumption, I had a cold and stopped exercising for a week.

I'm going to be curious how fast it comes back off! And, I want to drop about an extra 5lbs.

How did you do?

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    I got flu but not til AFTER Boxing day! and maintained my weight.
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,116 Member
    I was up .6 lbs right after Christmas, which was still in my maintenance range. But, with exercise and normal eating, I am back down.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I actually dropped 3lbs because I wasn't working out consistently. Now it's back, phew.
  • reversemigration
    reversemigration Posts: 168 Member
    I've had some wild swings over the past week, most of which - given reasonably accurate logging - can be chalked up to water weight. It's not so much the calories as it is the sodium; yesterday, I was 1K under for calories (too worn out after work to eat when I got home), but had 5 grams of sodium. My trend line is slightly higher than early December, but still beneath my maintenance range.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    up 3 lbs but not too bad since I was sick 10 days with a cold and we went out of town, should be back to normal in about a week.