Starting over for the millionth time!! Ugh!!

Happy 2020!! I really want this to be the year of me!! I just need to some friends who can be good motivators for me!! I'm not telling anyone I'm trying to lose the weight or get fit, because I'm pretty sure they are all tired of hearing it, just like I'm tired of saying it!!
So, if you're willing to be a friend through thick and thin...please let me know!!
I've already lost a few lbs doing a protein mostly diet and I feel good!!
If you have any great motivational tips, PLEASE let me know!!! I would love to hear them!!
Thank you in advance!!!
Anxious in Arizona!!!

Replies

• schemingspuddy
    schemingspuddy Posts: 9 Member
    Hi there!

Yess, lets do this! You sound just like me, I’ve been starting over and over for the last few years and people are sick of me saying I’m trying to lose weight. My family just ignores me now and doesn’t believe it’ll ever happen so I really want to keep quiet and just do it.

I need to lose 70lbs and struggle with motivation. I’ll be great one week and then binge the next and before I know it, it’s Spring and I’ve gained weight rather than losing! I’ll add you both as friends if you don’t mind :)
  • vblasner
    vblasner Posts: 2 Member
    Same here. I have a lot of weight to lose. I’m a serial dieter. I typically stick with counting calories because it always works for me. I’d love some people to check in with and hold me accountable!!
  • 3pinkfrogs
    3pinkfrogs Posts: 4 Member
    I'm so excited to meet you girls!!! You all have inspired me!! Truly!! I don't feel so alone!!!
    And I remember going to a WW meeting and they said you can't start big...you have to start somewhere, and small. So...on that note, let's not start out with 80 pound weight loss goals, let's start out with 5 or 10 pound weight loss goals. That way we won't feel like we are climbing HUGE mountains and failing!!!
    And we should post good things that we've done for ourselves!!! What do you ladies think??
    I'm really so excited to have you all here!!! Happy 2020!!!
  • Tiffanyjo89
    Tiffanyjo89 Posts: 8 Member
    I am on the same page! I just want to feel better about myself. I’m not looking to go crazy, just gradually get there. I’m looking for some accountability buddies, maybe it will modivate me to stick with it. 🙂
  • 3pinkfrogs
    3pinkfrogs Posts: 4 Member
    Hi there Tiffanyjo!! We can do it!! :)
  • AlexandraMBT
    AlexandraMBT Posts: 21 Member
    Hi!!

I feel you on that one. I tell my family I’m going to lose the weight. And if I start losing and then for some reason gain it back plus some it seems like they’re just disappointed or give me looks. So I decided to just not tell family that I’m losing weight and just do it on my own. I’ve been starting the weight loss journey for two months now and lost about 15 pounds! But I fell off the wagon a little bit during the holidays and I want to pick it back up!! I would love some accountability buddies so I keep motivated in this weight loss journey 😊
  • Edmgirl92
    Edmgirl92 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm not sure how to add people on this app, but I'm looking for friends as well so please feel free to add me! I'm ready to put in the work to get healthier and would love some friends to help keep me accountable 😁
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Edmgirl92 wrote: »
    I'm not sure how to add people on this app, but I'm looking for friends as well so please feel free to add me! I'm ready to put in the work to get healthier and would love some friends to help keep me accountable 😁

Welcome everyone! I love seeing our new (and restarting) members offering support to one another.

Click here to learn how to add friends.
  • emdaje
    emdaje Posts: 3 Member
    I’m with you!! Here in the UK ex triathlete who has had 5 years of bingeing!!! Ready to go (again)!!!!
  • UditaM
    UditaM Posts: 7 Member
    I've been on a million diets but calorie counting (religiously) and working out (a whole lot) are the only things that have worked for me. I was very physically active and in great health and then faced some periods of disability. I'm working on regaining my strength and stamina (-- wow, is that hard at 47!). I've been doing lots of exercise in the water and it's been great on rebuilding some muscle after being so de-conditioned for so long. I'd love to talk about exercise and find people who want to motivate each other to MOVE IT! :smiley:
  • bookgrlph
    bookgrlph Posts: 10 Member
    Same boat for me too. I've gained back 45 of the 50 pounds I lost a few years ago, and I need some accountability partners. Feel free to add me anyone. My internet connection is a bit iffy tonight.
  • Cgonzsh
    Cgonzsh Posts: 1 Member
    Let’s do this together!!! I’m with you all 😀😀
  • tiffnkailey
    tiffnkailey Posts: 150 Member
    Welcome!! I am also starting over. Feel free to add me.
  • hidemeupnorth
    hidemeupnorth Posts: 21 Member
    I'm here for it. I spent the last three years gaining it all back after reaching my goal. I let stress and being "too busy" be my crutch. My body feels horrible. I'm uncomfortable in my own skin. I got my head down and im charging forward!
  • Mov3mor3
    Mov3mor3 Posts: 96 Member
    I thought the same thing. Not telling a damn soul about it.
  • fordstar13
    fordstar13 Posts: 10 Member
    Hi!!! I’m 47 and needing to drop lbs too! Starting with 20lbs but hoping to lose 50 if I can stay motivated 😁👍🏻