• JTreasures
    JTreasures Posts: 856 Member
    Yes x 3
  • jem302
    jem302 Posts: 301 Member
    Yes x3 today!
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    @Dory_42 & @craigo3154 thanks for sharing how our decisions and positive initiatives make our world a wonderful place for ourselves and others!
    My report is a 3x yes day
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Back on track today but have kept moving...
    Exercise yes 10 min quigong, 120 min cleaning, 50 min walk at dusk
    Tracking yes Calories yes
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,963 Member
    Jan 2

Ex: 11,632 steps Always > 20 mins.
    Tracked: All, every bite. I always do.
    Calories: under :) I did it!!!

Pass Days Remaining: 2
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Pass.

Thinking about the flowers. I planted some bulbs a few days ago for an indoor planter. The instructions said to put in a cold dark place for ten weeks before putting on the windowsill. I didn't get round to that and they're already trying to grow - have burst through the soil. My lesson is yet to be revealed. Is it that you can follow most of the rules but not all and still get beautiful flowers anyway? Or is it that when you take short cuts you get stunted result? I'll let you know!
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Jan 2
    Ex: 20 minutes eliptical plus 10 minutes yoga.
    Tracked: Yes. First time in months I've tracked.
    Calories: Under 16.
  • BertnBuddy
    BertnBuddy Posts: 13 Member
    January 2
    2) Yes, 48 mins of light walking.
    2) Yes, just barely stayed within my calorie budget.
    3) Yes, I tracked everything I ate and drank.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    @LesIckaBod I had to laugh at your future eating disorder comment. It is hard to be a parent. I have talked to my kids about healthy eating & recently told my son that he can diet however he chooses but make sure to eat protein a certain number of grams of protein every day (he wants a visible 6 pack). fingers crossed that we are doing the right things... I just know I am doing my best.

@LisaPower123. As one who actually has a visible 6 pack (and have had for over 2 years), I think I can talk to this. (I've also done A LOT of research in this area)

For a male, the ONLY thing that maintains a visible 6 pack is low body fat. Nothing else. No amount of exercise is going to make abs stand out. You just need to have a thin enough layer of body fat to not hide them.

@LisaPower123. If you want evidence that I know what I am talking about, this is a photo of me after my walk this evening.

kdd246c9ndma.jpg

Over mirror lighting highlights things a little more, but I had not been doing any abs exercises, nor am I tensing the muscles to try enhance things further.

I am 51yo and have not been to a gym in more than 5 years.

I am not at my optimum weight/fitness yet. I still have a few lbs to lose before I get there (but not many).

• znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,984 Member
    Exercise: yes
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: yes
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    @RangerRickL Wonderful photos of you and Rose and the desert. What a treat to see the fantastic landscape.

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, almost 2 hours walking
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, well under
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes -- but MFP wouldn't let me log my food yesterday, so I had to do it this morning.
  • gmhester74
    gmhester74 Posts: 47 Member
    Jan 2
    Exercise - Yes 2.5 mile TM Run/walk
    Log - Yes
    Calories - Close, but over

Starting a 28 day food challenge on Saturday!
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 722 Member
    Yes x 3
    Just under calories
    30 minutes working till I dropped at the gym

I have to plan everything to not slip up at work. My job is stressful, and I cover about 5 miles of walking a day. Almost every station or office I pass, has candy, pastries or something tempting set out. When I got busy and didn't have time to stop for lunch, I grabbed and ate these things as I ran. This week, I'm packing lots of snacks and a small meal. A stuffed baked potato for lunch. Then a little hummus, cucumbers, and pita bread, a boiled egg, and two small apples in my pockets to eat as I run. I felt so much better yesterday. I wasn't starving and I didn't mindlessly eat treats. If I let myself go hungry, it's all over. I just lose my will power.

Anyway, keep up the good work everyone! I love reading your posts every morning. You keep me inspired.
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    @LesIckaBod I had to laugh at your future eating disorder comment. It is hard to be a parent. I have talked to my kids about healthy eating & recently told my son that he can diet however he chooses but make sure to eat protein a certain number of grams of protein every day (he wants a visible 6 pack). fingers crossed that we are doing the right things... I just know I am doing my best.

@LisaPower123 My fingers are crossed right with you! I've got good intentions, so I hope that will count for something in the end!
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    @BonnieHosk85 Thanks, Bonnie, and I'm glad to see you here, too! I admit, I'm secretly lurking back on the Gutbusters page, too, just to see how everyone's doing. I'm glad to see the group was left in such good hands! :smile:

• Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    @Anya_000 I have the same work situation -- candy, pastries, potato chips, free food in the break room. It's been a lifesaver for me to take a meal and snacks to work. (Love your dog in the photo!)
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,304 Member
    January 2
    Exercised?: Yes (40 min brisk walk)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Bonus (some extra goals for Jan):
    80oz water: (yes Jan 1 & 2)
    Steps 10k: Jan 1 = 11k; Jan 2 = 10k
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Jan 02

Did id I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES (90 min gym workout)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES