MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES DECEMBER CHAT

1141516171820»

Replies

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited January 2020
    jugar wrote: »
    UPDATE! F2F's own Habit Tracker

Everyone on any team is welcome to use our habit tracking spreadsheet. The tracking starts on Sunday, but please go in and set up your name and list of habits before then if you can. Here is how it works:
    1. open https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hGjC7OQrH9Cb8U5gmkeax8VXYm2wsTiSYg43Dg0s_LE/edit?usp=sharing
    2. go to the bottom, and choose your team from the tabs
    3. put your MFP use name in the column on the left (highlight "name" and type in yours to replace it)
    4. add up to five habits you want to track daily
    5. check the box when you do it!
    It is completely up to you to update your own tracking. Do it every time you finish, daily, weekly - however you want. Just be sure it is complete at the end of every Saturday so we can include this in the weekly winners circle!

Any problems? Message me @jugar or ask here and your Captains can find out!

I am so excited about the Fat2Fit Habit Tracker!

Here is what I currently have planned. Tracking starts Sunday, so there is still time to think about this and adjust.
    • Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min)
    • Meditation (daily 2+ min)
    • M.A. Forms Practice (daily 2+ min)
    • Exercise (6 x week/45+ min)
    • Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily)

The first three are items where I am not solid on them as daily habits, so for now a "win" is 2 minutes or more. I am on the one hand nervous, and on the other hand -- this is 6 minutes a day I am committing to! I can always find 6 little ol' minutes. I am out to have those be things I do daily, right after I get dressed and before I go downstairs. So I am choosing the space for this, and making a sign that I will see before I go downstairs, where I can check off that I did these 3 things for the day. I love checking things off, so this will be motivating and fun for me.

I was inspired to pick 2 minutes by James Clear: "How to Stop Procrastinating by Using the “2-Minute Rule” and also 3 Simple Ways to Make Exercise a Habit ("Develop a ritual to make starting easier," "Start with an exercise that is ridiculously small," and "Focus on the habit first and the results later.")

If you want to read more about building little habits like this, check out Tiny Habits by B.J. Fogg. He's a Stanford professor who specializes in this stuff (I think James Clear has read his work, along with that of Charles Duhigg.) Fogg offers a free online course on tiny habits that I found fun and helpful.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Friday Check-in:
    Calories: A little high because we had Subway for dinner
    Water: over
    Exercise: 30 minute treadmill walk

I'm still fighting this cold and had an extra-long workday trying to get caught up after being off for almost two weeks over Christmas. I am so excited to start the habit tracker on here! I know that it's going to really help me stay mindful and committed to the changes that I want to make this year.

@AustinRuadhain, I had read that 2-minute rule from James Clear before but had forgotten. I'm not there in the book yet, so thanks! I signed up for the Tiny Habits online course! I'm looking forward to it! :D
  • AustinRuadhain
    Friday Check-in
    Calories: under by a little and all good, on-plan choices
    Water: on target
    Exercise: resistance training (30 min at the gym!); platform stepping (45 min)
    Steps (target 7500): over!

Goals and Improvements for today (Saturday):
    - Stick with my food plan, measure and log everything, stay at/under calories
    - Martial arts practice at home
    - Platform stepping
    - Outdoor walk with husband
    - Decluttering - home office and/or closet

More later! Must go get coffee!

Side note: I have learned to love my morning cups of black coffee. I would not have predicted this. Anything can change, and we can change anything, given time and persistence!
    14558xx3t3t7.gif
  • TeresaW1020

Side note: I have learned to love my morning cups of black coffee. I would not have predicted this. Anything can change, and we can change anything, given time and persistence!
    14558xx3t3t7.gif

I really NEED to learn to love black coffee!! Since I do intermittent fasting, I know that I would benefit so much more if I could clean fast and that means drinking my coffee black. Any pointers on how to make me like it? Is your answer going to be time and persistence? ;):D

• AustinRuadhain

14558xx3t3t7.gif

I really NEED to learn to love black coffee!! Since I do intermittent fasting, I know that I would benefit so much more if I could clean fast and that means drinking my coffee black. Any pointers on how to make me like it? Is your answer going to be time and persistence? ;):D

Hahahahaha! I think time and persistence are key, for sure. Maybe see if you can add some fun and adventure?

I transitioned over time and in steps, from requiring lots of milk and sugar (loved pricey flavored Starbucks lattes and had a regular habit) to liking black coffee that has been flavored, or is a blend with an interesting flavor. So the coffees on my shelf to choose from this morning are Texas Pecan, Taste of San Antonio (cinnamon, chocolate and vanilla notes) and Cinnamon Hazelnut. So, as I think about it, I substituted a different pleasure (subtly flavored coffee) for white and sweet coffee. I picked out flavors I like by buying little one dollar sample packs and trying very small helpings from the fill-your-own-bag section at my grocery store, which made it more fun.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,741 Member
    Digger61
    Dec Week 5
    PW 220
    CW 234
    Up 5 last week so this is a win
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 282 Member
    Username: davors19
    Weigh-in week: Week 5
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 280
    Todays Weight: 282

sorry for late . I litle fail during holiday, but I will fix it in January
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,899 Member
    digger61 wrote: »
    Digger61
    Dec Week 5
    PW 220
    CW 234
    Up 5 last week so this is a win

Can you confirm this? I am assuming (as I go through and catch up weigh-ins, getting ready for Sunday tallies) that you mean 224 and not 234?
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Hi! My name is Jen and from NC. I have been struggling with my weight for years and a member of mfp for quite awhile. but I never have joined a challenge. I'm hoping this challenge will be the added puch i need. I need to lose about 90 lbs. So I need as much motivation as I can get. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you.
  • TeresaW1020
    Jen_967 wrote: »
    Hi! My name is Jen and from NC. I have been struggling with my weight for years and a member of mfp for quite awhile. but I never have joined a challenge. I'm hoping this challenge will be the added puch i need. I need to lose about 90 lbs. So I need as much motivation as I can get. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Hi Jen, I am so glad to have you as part of the Slimpossibles!! I can promise you that we will do all we can to motivate and support you every step of the way! :)
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Happy Sunday to everyone! Make sure to bookmark/"star" our new January thread at https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10777943/mission-slimpossible-january-2020-chat#latest
This discussion has been closed.