What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    I'm back after a week break to spend with my kids. First time I've had all 3 of them together in a year, so I wasn't working out. Just enjoyed the time with them.

Back at it today -- 10K on the rower outside. Was supposed to be Steady State but way too high of a HR so I just turned it into an AT workout. Not real fast but I'm supposed to do a 10K TT this month, so I'll keep that one just in case I don't do any faster. I think it was like 2:20/19 SPM, but HR was like 160 average and hit over 180 at times. I'd like to get closer to around 2:12 or so.
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    Had a severe case of DOMS but that means my muscles are working!

January 1st, dawn morning surf for an hour. Yes!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,193 MFP Moderator
    1 mile run, 1 mile walk.
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    1600 yd swim (feels pathetic; super low but first day in the pool after a long time)
    35 minute run
    35 min abs

Wanted to bike but had to nap instead. Will regularize sleep as training becomes regular again..
  • retgarr
    retgarr Posts: 13 Member
    Just a 1.6 mile run at lunch. But I'm really happy I got to do that. It was supposed to be a light day anyways
  • WynterDreaming
    WynterDreaming Posts: 83 Member
    Just some simple whole body circuits. Intensity was overall lower, but I know from previous experience that it's going to ebb and flow a bit until I find the midpoint between "pushing too hard and making myself sick" and "I could do better".
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Strength training on the machines at the YMCA, whole body, plus core work. Stair-step machine. About an hour, total.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Moving! I carried boxes out to my car, then carried boxes into our new place. Not too much fun. I would rather have been at the gym listening to music. I will be glad when it is all moved. We have too much stuff.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    I did an aerobic dvd
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Evening team erg. 12 x 250m full pressure (100%)/3' rest. After the 11th one I felt like I might be sick and after the 12th I was thinking to myself "so if I pass out..."
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Same as yesterday -- 10K on the rower @ around 2:24 today/19 SPM. HR more controlled today, around 155 average (still too high but coming down).
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    3rd January

Still recovering from the flu. And had an active rest day.

Just over 1mile run to keep RED January going.

30min yoga stretch workout
  • aokoye
    Zwifty McZwift.

Really easy 50 min "foundation" ride in Zwift's FTP Builder program. A nice contrast from yesterday's erging. To put it in perspective, my highest HR this evening was essentially the average HR for yesterday's recoveries, and I wasn't moving for most of those recoveries (outside of the very heavy breathing...).
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    I took my kids to the skating rink and I skated as well, for 1 hour. We would have stayed longer, but it was packed, and we left early after my oldest son hurt his tailbone falling to avoid another fallen skater, AND a woman was taken down by a small, very fast child. I think that woman might have broken her wrist!
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    Apart from my usual wake-up in the morning stretches/warm-ups...
    Went to the gym, did my warm-ups before meeting with trainer
    90 min strength training + HIIT + BFR
    Cool-down
    And spa...

• firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    4th Jan

3.2 extremely muddy miles at parkrun with a friend. It was like running through slippy treacle and we did well to stay upright and not lose a shoe
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    edited January 2020
    I went bouldering yesterday, and smashed it in a 90 minute session. I got pretty much everything I tried, except for 1 overhang out of the cave at the end.

I went bouldering today. This was a 2 hour training session, and it was brutal. We ended on a 5 minute plank, which hurt like hell.

I then went swimming, mainly because I wanted a hot shower, and my heating is broken. I did 1 km.

I also got in 15000 steps.
  • aokoye
    An hour and 7 minutes on zwift doing one of their tempo workouts. There was also some eye rolling from me as both of the ads that ran on my Chromecast while watching Youtube as entertainment were for, you guessed it, Zwift.
  • designerdiscounts
    designerdiscounts Posts: 517 Member
    3 hours of pickleball from 10-1pm. Tonight I'll do some stretching and ab work. Might take my son to the gym tomorrow and do legs/shoulders plus 10 minutes on the treadmill to get the heart rate up.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,193 MFP Moderator
    Today was 30 minutes on the elliptical, then a 3 mile walk.