i need help

i am new to this 1200 calorie thing but i dont think that i could stay full the whole day with just 1200 calories. Please help me find low calorie and filling meals as i dont know why but i tend to eat *kitten* tons of food when i am hungry and then i become sick coz my body cant handle tht much food but also i dotn kno when to stop.
thank u and sorry

Replies

• ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    I know this is not what you asked, but ...
    Why are you setting your calories to 1200?
  • I know this is not what you asked, but ...
    Why are you setting your calories to 1200?

i didnt set it MFP recommended it to me so i was like ok
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Oh no. Don't go with that!
    I'd suggest going to macrosinc.net and calculating your calorie intake and macros.
    Then come back here if you still need help. 😉
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,386 MFP Moderator
    edited January 2020
    What are your stats? How much weight per week did you set it at (i suspect 2lbs). Do you exercise?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    i am new to this 1200 calorie thing but i dont think that i could stay full the whole day with just 1200 calories. Please help me find low calorie and filling meals as i dont know why but i tend to eat *kitten* tons of food when i am hungry and then i become sick coz my body cant handle tht much food but also i dotn kno when to stop.
    thank u and sorry

How much total weight do you have to lose and how many lbs per week did you choose? Most women don't need to eat the bare minimum cals, unless they are very short and don't have much to lose, or are trying to lose weight aggressively fast.

Also keep in mind the MFP cal goal is set with the expectation you will log your exercise and eat back at least some of those calories. Are you doing that?

I can't help with how to eat that little, as I would be starving too. I ate 1500-1650 while I was losing weight. I had to prioritize protein and fiber even still to control my appetite and feel satiated, and increase my general activity level.
  • kimny72 wrote: »
    thank u and sorry

How much total weight do you have to lose and how many lbs per week did you choose? Most women don't need to eat the bare minimum cals, unless they are very short and don't have much to lose, or are trying to lose weight aggressively fast.

Also keep in mind the MFP cal goal is set with the expectation you will log your exercise and eat back at least some of those calories. Are you doing that?

I can't help with how to eat that little, as I would be starving too. I ate 1500-1650 while I was losing weight. I had to prioritize protein and fiber even still to control my appetite and feel satiated, and increase my general activity level.

i dont know abt lbs since we use kgs were i live and my goal was 0.6 kg per week and i am kind of short 158 cm. i do exercise but i dont really know how to use mfp very well
  • Oh no. Don't go with that!
    I'd suggest going to macrosinc.net and calculating your calorie intake and macros.
    Then come back here if you still need help. 😉

thank u
  • s_rivera_92
    s_rivera_92 Posts: 92 Member
    edited January 2020
    Fiber and protein. This is one of my go to brunches and it keeps me full for most of the afternoon. 21ow2sxo2xf8.jpg

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,967 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    thank u and sorry

i dont know abt lbs since we use kgs were i live and my goal was 0.6 kg per week and i am kind of short 158 cm. i do exercise but i dont really know how to use mfp very well

What is your current weight and how much do you have to lose?

also there is a thread on here called Volume eaters or something like that which I believe discusses getting lots of amount of food for few calories.
    Might be helpful to you.

• kimny72 wrote: »
    thank u and sorry

What is your current weight and how much do you have to lose?

also there is a thread on here called Volume eaters or something like that which I believe discusses getting lots of amount of food for few calories.
    Might be helpful to you.

i am currently at 78 kg and want to lose 20kg
  • tontondam
    tontondam Posts: 7 Member
    To lose 20kg , and now knowing your 78kg for 158cm, you should plan on losing 100gr per day. Yes, it will take you 200 days to reach your goal, but it will also be your best chance to maintain a healthy weight. Think future, not immediate unrealistic goals. I'd guess you should eat 1600 to 1800 calories per day, depending how active you are and you will need to be active to stay healthy. To make it easier, you may want to increase roughage like cabbage, carrots, beans, lentils, split peas, broccoli, cauliflower, and so forth. Net carb calories should not exceed 50% of your total calories. In metric countries like yours, net carbs are just carbs as fiber is already taken out. Get support from real friends, it may help. Good luck and stick to your plan.
  • julebrus2020
    julebrus2020 Posts: 26 Member
    You are pretty close to my stats. I'm 157 cm and 75 kg, wanting to lose 20 kg.

The only way I get 1200 calories a day goal, with a 0,5 kg a week weight loss, is if I set my activity to sedentary.

So question is...Do you move at all during the day? Because if you do any activity at all, I would put your activity level to light activity.

As a fellow short person I would in addition put your goal to losing 0,25 kg a week. That will give you around 1600 calories. It sucks, but being short with not that much weight to lose doesn't give us that much room to lose quickly.

As @tontondam says, it's better to take your time and do it right.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,386 MFP Moderator
    So the way mfp is designed you would eat back exercise calories. Or you can eat the same calories daily (tdee method) and not worrying about exercise calories (my preferred method). Given that you exercise, it might be worth starting with 1500-1600 calories, aim for about 120g of protein and 20-30g of fiber. And the monitor your meals to see if meals with higher fats or higher carbs have a greater impact. I often find that people who tend to have a more reasonable calorie goal tend to stick with this a bit easier and have less binging/splurge issues. Often this makes things more sustainable.
  • You are pretty close to my stats. I'm 157 cm and 75 kg, wanting to lose 20 kg.

The only way I get 1200 calories a day goal, with a 0,5 kg a week weight loss, is if I set my activity to sedentary.

So question is...Do you move at all during the day? Because if you do any activity at all, I would put your activity level to light activity.

As a fellow short person I would in addition put your goal to losing 0,25 kg a week. That will give you around 1600 calories. It sucks, but being short with not that much weight to lose doesn't give us that much room to lose quickly.

As @tontondam says, it's better to take your time and do it right.

thank u for informing me