Grateful for the progress I am making

Hello everyone,

All my adult life I have struggled with keeping my weight under control.

Somewhere in November I decided I had enough. I was around 115 kg / 253 lbs and I felt completely out of shape. I don't know what exactly triggered it, but something did.

I bought an exercise bike and started biking 5-6 times per week. Stayed away from all the sugars and apart from that, eat normal meals. The weight started to burn off.

Somehow managed to get through the holiday season without indulging in excess.

This morning I weighed myself and I am currently at 104.9 kg / 231 lbs.

Healthier me is very much a work in progress but I am so grateful I managed to make the mentality switch that made this possible.

Reading the stories on here helped motivate me. Thank you all for that.

I hope everyone has a great new year and will reach the goals they set for themselves.

With warm regards,
Francois

Replies

• motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    @Snarfster42 You are doing great - I wish you every success in the long term
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Way to go! Already have had a good loss and your determination sounds high; that's half the battle!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    You ROCK, period. YAY YOU and THANK YOU for sharing this inspirational post! <3o:)<3

P.S. I LOVE your thread subject title too.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,413 Member
    You are off the a good start. And yes. The success threads have kept me motivated, too.
  • LittleLightShine
    LittleLightShine Posts: 123 Member
    You are doing an amazing job! Wishing you all the best to continue the hard work. You can do it!
  • Snarfster42
    Snarfster42 Posts: 15 Member
    Thank you all for your nice comments. They are appreciated.

Glad that I am finally turning my life around and am moving in the right direction.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    you have done fabulous- and to keep losing weight during the holiday- yeah you rock!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!