New and need Low carb/keto friends

ANXIETYWONTWIN
ANXIETYWONTWIN Posts: 6 Member
edited January 2020 in Introduce Yourself
New to MFP, looking for others with the same goals to share this experience with. I have started Keto and plan on getting back to where I was before working night shift and gaining 60 lbs eating carbs to stay awake and to put me to sleep. Would love to have some people on the same path so we can hold each other accountable and celebrate successes!

Replies

• IylaF
    IylaF Posts: 1 Member
    Hi. I started Keto 2 days ago. I also have about the same to lose and my weight gain has been work related.
  • green84
    green84 Posts: 1 Member
    ketoer here, add me if you need keto friends
  • JarheadSFMF
    JarheadSFMF Posts: 54 Member
    Hey! I also do the keto/paleo/whole30 eating. Also intermittent fasting.
  • Iready
    Iready Posts: 22 Member
    Add me
  • luvfit3
    luvfit3 Posts: 44 Member
    Hooray!

Hey keto group I am new to keto as well, but am off to a great start if I should say so myself. I am excited to begin this journey. I am also trying to learn how to maneuver this site.... I don't quite know how to add friends unless they request, but please lets add one another. We are in this together guys!!!! Let's lose it to WIN it!
  • Sidelr
    Sidelr Posts: 1 Member
    Hello,
    I too am looking to lose 60 lbs. I have set a start date for keto diet one week from today. Would appreciate any resources anyone can refere to for meal planning.
  • jaime1514
    jaime1514 Posts: 9 Member
    Me!! I lost 30 lbs on keto months ago before thanksgiving and am back on trying to lose that and the 20 that came with it! :D
  • Legion42
    Legion42 Posts: 8 Member
    Hi there. I started keto back in October. It's been a revelation! I've relaxed it a bit over Xmas, and gained 3 or 4 lbs, but I'm back on it today. I need to get some menu plans sorted, for the busy working weeks. So far, I've just been winging it, and am getting a bit bored of eating the same food over and over. I can tell you that once you get into keto, you won't feel hungry any more. It's a great feeling being in control of what you eat, not the other way around! Happy New Year fellow Ketoers!
  • DeashaM
    DeashaM Posts: 7 Member
    Hii. I'm a fellow Keto-er and I've lost 25lbs so far although I've been trash at tracking on MFP. I've started back on keto from today after the holidays and I'm looking to add more friends and help keep each other accountable.
  • EmIsMotivated
    EmIsMotivated Posts: 12 Member
    Hi everyone! I wanted to share my keto story. I had my son November 2017, I had heard about keto/low carb and started working out and eating keto for a couple of months of early/mid-2018 within those couple months I lost 20-25 pounds. After I lost that weight I kinda fell off the keto bandwagon, but still maintained my weight, never gained and now that I'm almost to my goal weight I've been doing a lower-carb diet now. I know it's slower than keto, but I plan to get back on keto soon once I can save enough money to just buy all the stuff I need!
    Also, there is this amazing App I came across called mealime-meal plans & recipe you can choose the diet you follow and it allows you to pick the foods you don't like and it will pop up meal plan ideas and make a shopping list for you!! and the best part it's free!!
  • daydreamkaytee
    daydreamkaytee Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks for the information about the app! I’m thinking about stepping into keto. Right now I’ve lowered my carbs as much as possible. No bread no pasta .. just haven’t made the full plunge yet.
  • Hops15
    Hops15 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi everyone! I wanted to share my keto story. I had my son November 2017, I had heard about keto/low carb and started working out and eating keto for a couple of months of early/mid-2018 within those couple months I lost 20-25 pounds. After I lost that weight I kinda fell off the keto bandwagon, but still maintained my weight, never gained and now that I'm almost to my goal weight I've been doing a lower-carb diet now. I know it's slower than keto, but I plan to get back on keto soon once I can save enough money to just buy all the stuff I need!
    Also, there is this amazing App I came across called mealime-meal plans & recipe you can choose the diet you follow and it allows you to pick the foods you don't like and it will pop up meal plan ideas and make a shopping list for you!! and the best part it's free!!

Highly recommend Mealime! Love it!
  • ceelou52
    ceelou52 Posts: 31 Member
    Me!!! Been on keto 3 weeks now need keto/low carb buddies!!
  • Brookelynn5511
    Brookelynn5511 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm new to keto and new to this app! I would very much appreciate any tips for the first couple weeks and getting acclimated to this diet. I have been on Atkins before (long ago) but this whole eating fat thing is a new and strange concept. I'm having a hard time actually getting enough in. I really want to do it right and maximize my results! I'm super motivated for now and want to stay this way, so any help would be sweet. 🙂