What difference does ACV makes?

I’ve seen a lot of people consuming Apple Cider Vinegar. Can I know whats the point of it ?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    earlnabby wrote: »
    In addition to what Ann wrote, there is some correlation with acetic acid (the acid in vinegar of all types, not just ACV) and very slight lowering of blood sugar. This is in the early stages and the current verdict is that there is some correlation but it needs further study to know if there is actual causation.

Thanks - I was thinking some people were experimenting with it along those lines, but I couldn't remember the details. Not something I track, haven't really cared since I'm not IR or diabetic, and never have been even when obese AFAIK.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    In addition to what Ann wrote, there is some correlation with acetic acid (the acid in vinegar of all types, not just ACV) and very slight lowering of blood sugar. This is in the early stages and the current verdict is that there is some correlation but it needs further study to know if there is actual causation.

Thanks - I was thinking some people were experimenting with it along those lines, but I couldn't remember the details. Not something I track, haven't really cared since I'm not IR or diabetic, and never have been even when obese AFAIK.

No problem. It is also an old folk remedy for things like skin tags and warts. Put it on and cover with a waterproof/airproof bandage and the thinking is that the mild acid will slowly and safely burn off the tag or wart.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    To sell ACV products. No health benefit. 🙄
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    I’ve seen a lot of people consuming Apple Cider Vinegar. Can I know whats the point of it ?

For losing weight, none. Non pasteurized, it is a fermented food which has other benefits nutritionally speaking. I use it for many things from dressings to sauces for BBQ...but it doesn't do anything for weight management and I would never just drink it.

Fermentation is a hobby of mine and I make all kinds of fermented foods in my crock. I'm pulling out a batch of Kimchi today in fact.
  • Dani9585
    Dani9585 Posts: 215 Member
    ACV helps me with heartburn
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Dani9585 wrote: »

See I'm one of the opposite side of things and it gave me heartburn and terrible acid reflux but everyone is different 🤷
  • JennyRATL
    JennyRATL Posts: 199 Member
    Dani9585 wrote: »

This. I personally don't drink it often because it smells like stinky feet to me, but my husband drinks it faithfully every single night to help fight heartburn and indigestion. He mixes it with water and honey.
  • mojavemtbr
    mojavemtbr Posts: 65 Member
    Hype and marketing. There is no magic in Apple Cider Vinegar.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    ...but according to the fittest woman in the world it works magic. And....you can have it in the form of gummies now. Hurry while supplies last!

/sarc off.

ACV is great in some recipes. I make my favorite salad dressing with a little bit of it.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member

No problem. It is also an old folk remedy for things like skin tags and warts. Put it on and cover with a waterproof/airproof bandage and the thinking is that the mild acid will slowly and safely burn off the tag or wart.

Yes, I have successfully used a paste of ACV and bentonite clay to remove "skin barnacles" (Seborrheic keratosis.) This takes a few applications over a period of days. People interested in this should due more research than just reading this post.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    mojavemtbr wrote: »

I dunno, in the right recipe . . . . :yum:
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,581 Member
    mojavemtbr wrote: »

I dunno, in the right recipe . . . . :yum:

Pulled pork. <nods>