Low calorie salad dressing

grandmatomadams
grandmatomadams Posts: 2 Member
Looking for a low calorie with flavor salad dressing, homemade or store brought.

Replies

• emilieedavis
    emilieedavis Posts: 1 Member
    Hi there! I make my own dressing. I use a dollop of Dijon mustard, half an onion (chopped) , a sprinkle of oregano, tbsp of honey and about 4 tbsps of white wine vinegar. Put it in a Tupperware container and let sit for half an hour. Shake and add to Salas. Voila!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    I like some of the Walden Farms Calorie Free dressings. My personal favorites are the Honey Dijon and the Raspberry Vinaigrette. Not a fan of their ranch or Italian. They go heavy on the black pepper in many of them so you do need to like that.
  • s_rivera_92
    s_rivera_92 Posts: 92 Member
    Tablespoon of tzatziki. :)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    I make ranch using the powder mix and no fat yoghurt. You can also make from scratch using the smaller quantity of mayo and sour cream in this recipe.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ranch-dressing-recipe_n_3769342?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAF8X2FK9zM2jlGw8P_6VkU1BoDo3tHDcgNe3uFK4sPRIBxNDBi-bAAebVEWB4AVXc3u3PblJC_xi4wePAB6xk0J1e3JzBFQQfYdyyjPgcfZKCuqO1uNowm_hgDJ_h0OrRuJh9irza3M9cFNve4uRk4uD4dYpZo5reoX9J23E79F5

Regular vinaigrete is 3 parts oil to 1 part vinegar or lemon juice. A lower calorie vaguely asian dressing I like is equal parts soy, balsamic and nut oil (hazelnut, walnut or sesame).

Traditional Vietnamese nuoc cham contains no oil at all. You can replace sugar with Splenda.
    https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/09/sauced-nuoc-cham-recipe.html

Cambodian lime and pepper sauce contains no oil at all.
    https://maknao.wordpress.com/2010/06/28/cambodian black pepper dip/
  • CaliValleyGirl
    CaliValleyGirl Posts: 744 Member
    I've introduced my husband to yogurt dressing. It's 35 calories a serving and so yummy.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Use food processor: fresh herbs, whatever is available. capers, pickled: onions, cucumber, sweet chili peppers, mustard, touch of garlic, switch on machine, top up with vinegar / flavoured / herbed etc. Keep in a jar in the fridge. Sometimes I add anchovies or sesame seeds or toasted sunflower seeds, nuts - whatever you fancy. Try to add some plain yoghurt, delicious. Currently I am using garlic chives and tarragon for a variation. Enjoy!
  • grandmatomadams
    grandmatomadams Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks! Got some great ideas.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    I made one last night that was a little olive oil, dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, shallot, garlic and maple syrup, its really good!
  • hmhill17
    hmhill17 Posts: 283 Member
    I use the Kraft Tuscan house dressing a lot. It's 50 calories per serving and I've discovered half a serving is usually plenty for a normal salad. A full serving is for a ginormous salad that is my entire meal.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Paul Newman Light Balsamic Vinaigrette 2 TBLSP 45 calories
  • Skinnygirl Balsamic Vinaigrette only 5 calories/2 Tablespoons. Skinnygirl Honey Dijon is 10 calories/2 Tablespoons. I buy mine at Publix and I like it. Add a little artificial sweetener and it tastes even better.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    edited January 2020
    I love Kraft Strawberry Balsamic vinaigrette dressing...it has 40 calories per serving and has a ton of flavor.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    My fav is this. Also my 3 young kids also LOVE it. :smile:
    5tosaohclsiy.jpeg
  • debbiepringle
    debbiepringle Posts: 76 Member
    edited January 2020
    1/2 c. Nonfat plain Greek yogurt and 1 tbsp hidden valley ranch
    4 servings - 2 tbsp per serving
    20 calories

Great for salads, great for dip
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Skinnygirl Balsamic Vinaigrette only 5 calories/2 Tablespoons. Skinnygirl Honey Dijon is 10 calories/2 Tablespoons. I buy mine at Publix and I like it. Add a little artificial sweetener and it tastes even better.

My fav flavor dressing is Honey Dijon and I used to buy it locally but can't find it anymore. :( I even tried to make my own but it never tasted the same. I don't have a Publix nearby; will have to check amazon and see if I can find it elsewhere.
  • aries68mc
    aries68mc Posts: 173 Member
    edited January 2020
    My go to, if I use dressing (which I don't always use) is zesty italian (fat free). But very little. Maybe a teaspoon or 2 at most. Sometimes I will use salsa.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Lemon Vinaigrette:
    Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Lemon juice, Dijon Mustard, Garlic, Salt
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    edited January 2020
    I use this one a lot - 60 calories/2 tbsp

Plenty of others in their "simply 60" line

f8cvlzf506t6.png
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    If you like sweeter dressing, SkinnyGirl. If you like creamy, tangy dressing, Bolthouse Farms.

My Mom is in the SkinnyGirl Dressing Fan club (she loves the stuff). I think it's too sweet and like Bolthouse Farms better. They are all good. They are in the produce section. Give them a try. Most are under 50 calories/2tbsp