Calorie Counter

Message Boards Recipes
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What do you have for lunch?

Simplensweet34Simplensweet34 Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
in Recipes
I usually have some kind of protein packed lunch pack. I buy mine at Walmart in the produce section. They include cheese, fruit, nuts, etc. then some times I make my own and add boiled eggs

Replies

• puffbratpuffbrat Member Posts: 2,797 Member Member Posts: 2,797 Member
    At work I usually have deli meat, cheese, and some sort of bread or crackers. I save my fruit and veggies for snacks.
  • sammidelvecchiosammidelvecchio Member Posts: 791 Member Member Posts: 791 Member
    This week I am having PB&J
  • cwolfman13cwolfman13 Member Posts: 37,933 Member Member Posts: 37,933 Member
    Usually leftovers this time of year as we are always making soups and stews.
  • stephaniek511stephaniek511 Member Posts: 63 Member Member Posts: 63 Member
    Today it was leftovers - usually it's some sort of bowl consisting of quinoa, protein (chicken or salmon), and bunches of veggies. I like to throw in something pickled for a bit of tang. Convenient because I can eat it hot or cold depending on my work schedule.
  • BuffaloChixSaladBuffaloChixSalad Member Posts: 98 Member Member Posts: 98 Member
    Going to make up some fresh green beans oven baked with sweet potatoes and oven roasted tomatoes. Bomb
  • bighoopattitudebighoopattitude Member Posts: 30 Member Member Posts: 30 Member
    When I’m working, soup! Always soup. We make homemade soups and they’re delicious. High in salt, though.

When I’m home my go to is bagged salads, toast, baked vegetables.
  • windra06windra06 Member Posts: 50 Member Member Posts: 50 Member
    Mostly leftovers yesterday I had roasted chickpea salad, today I had Sri lankan curry with tofu and tomorrow will be veggie dal
  • nighthawk584nighthawk584 Member Posts: 1,902 Member Member Posts: 1,902 Member
    Lunch: Salad, leftover turkey chili.....snacks this afternoon: Apple, Beef jerky, Popcorn
    edited January 7
  • Luv2eatSweetsLuv2eatSweets Member Posts: 200 Member Member Posts: 200 Member
    I had one large spiralized zucchini with a tablespoon of kona pineapple teriyaki marinade. Steamed broccoli, cauliflower and carrot medley.
  • laurenebargarlaurenebargar Member Posts: 1,346 Member Member Posts: 1,346 Member
    Kale salad with farro pineapple cranberries feta cheese and some other veggies, so good!
  • Troutrouter1968Troutrouter1968 Member Posts: 120 Member Member Posts: 120 Member
    Usually grilled chicken breast and some sort of veggie.
  • bluediamond5bluediamond5 Member, Premium Posts: 9 Member Member, Premium Posts: 9 Member
    Make big pots soup and 1 pot meals - with lots of veg and broth - great for lunch
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 8,923 Member Member Posts: 8,923 Member
    small tub of mixed salad greens with tomato, avocado and cucumber diced into it, topped with roasted turkey breast. This was my lunch every day this week.... this is what I eat when I know there are no leftovers, or when the leftovers from dinner will be breakfast the next day.
  • weatherking2019weatherking2019 Member Posts: 728 Member Member Posts: 728 Member
    My lunch is similar to just_Tomek.
    Mixed greens, tomatoes, cucumber, steamed or baked chicken breast and top off with hemp seeds or pumpkin seeds. I also bring Soup during winter if I make a big batch for the week.
  • UpEarlyUpEarly Member Posts: 2,566 Member Member Posts: 2,566 Member
    Homemade cheesy ham & potato chowder, a banana, and red/yellow bell pepper strips with some ranch dip.
  • stephaniek511stephaniek511 Member Posts: 63 Member Member Posts: 63 Member
    Leftover potatoes, sauerkraut, and smoked sausage
  • nighthawk584nighthawk584 Member Posts: 1,902 Member Member Posts: 1,902 Member
    today I had a large albacore tuna salad sriracha wrap with hard boiled eggs, light mayo, mustard, dill relish and lettuce mixed in....cottage cheese, and a large salad with carrots, cherry tomatoes and strawberry balsamic vinaigrette.
    total calories = 573
    protein = 64