Confused?

Hi Everyone. I have recently started using my fitness pal to help with weight loss. Ive noticed though on the nutrition page where it gives the nutrients and macros that it says (on the nutrients page) that i have 118g of carbs left but on my the macros page it says i have a a total of 50% and im at 54%. Im probably being stupid but how can i have 118g left if in already 4% over my total for the day? Thanks

Replies

• Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    I'm not sure what you mean by nutrition page and macro page. Do you have a Prime membership or a free membership?
  • steph123kc9086
    steph123kc9086 Posts: 9 Member
    Im on prime. I have attached pics if that helps? Thanksn1bvyaaspjod.jpg
  • steph123kc9086
    h8tvcx4p5gj2.jpg
  • Dunn1970
    Dunn1970 Posts: 1 Member
    This is not related to your question but curious on what premium costs a month
  • Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    All right - so the graph on the macros page represents what you have already entered into your diary. It doesn't represent at all what you have left to eat.

At this point, 54% of your calories have come from carbs, but your goal is to have 50% of your calories come from carbs. Same goes for protein and fat.

So as you continue to enter in the rest of the food you eat today, the closer you stick to your goals on the Nutrients page, the more the chart on the Macros page will even out.

I hope that makes sense!
  • steph123kc9086
    Dunn1970 wrote: »
    This is not related to your question but curious on what premium costs a month

Im on a free trial at the min but think it was £7.99 monthly or a one off cost each year for £33.99.
  • steph123kc9086
    All right - so the graph on the macros page represents what you have already entered into your diary. It doesn't represent at all what you have left to eat.

At this point, 54% of your calories have come from carbs, but your goal is to have 50% of your calories come from carbs. Same goes for protein and fat.

So as you continue to enter in the rest of the food you eat today, the closer you stick to your goals on the Nutrients page, the more the chart on the Macros page will even out.

I hope that makes sense!

Yes! That makes perfect sense. Thank you!
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    I think the pie chart adds up to 100% of what you've logged so far. The List view indicates how much of each nutrient you've logged, and the Pie chart shows the breakdown of macros in what you've logged. You appear to have logged only about half the calories you'd need to reach your goal, though. To balance it out, you would want another meal with a correspondingly higher fat content, and lower carbs.
  • steph123kc9086
    I think the pie chart adds up to 100% of what you've logged so far. The List view indicates how much of each nutrient you've logged, and the Pie chart shows the breakdown of macros in what you've logged. You appear to have logged only about half the calories you'd need to reach your goal, though. To balance it out, you would want another meal with a correspondingly higher fat content, and lower carbs.

Thank you
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    % is relative to the current number of macro grams to the current total number of calories consumed. It's just a mathematical representation.

Carbs and protein are 4kcal per gram. Fat is 9kcal per gram.

If you have consumed 100g of carbs, that equals 400kcal.

For simplicity, if you've only eaten 800 total kcal at that time, 50% of your total current intake is carbs (400 kcal / 800 kcal). Make sense?

Looking at macros from a percentage is arbitrary. You could have 1g of carbs for the entire day and if that's all you've eaten, you had 100% carbs, even if it was only 4 kcal total.