Holiday weight spike!

Replies

• AliceA2013
    AliceA2013 Posts: 65 Member
    I had followed a friend's example and lost a kg in preparation for Xmas week. I promptly put it back on after delicious times of feasting but I am now ready to lose a kg again. I am actually looking forward to eating more fruit and veg plus continuing with regular fitness regime. Happy New Year to everyone as we return to our normal activities this coming week.
  • pkweier
    pkweier Posts: 349 Member
    I gained 5 pounds after Christmas was back down to the higher end of my range within a few days, New Years came and up 1 pound from the top of my range. I need to get at least 3 more pound off to get to my mid range. I keep telling myself 3 is better than 30. We can do this.
  • helen_goldthorpe
    helen_goldthorpe Posts: 340 Member
    I only got home today so haven't weighed yet. Will do it first thing tomorrow. I had one week of no exercise and lots of food over Christmas itself and then went on holiday for a week - that week had lots of exercise and walking (2-3 hour bike rides and 15,000+ step days) but still lots of food and alcohol. I'm interested to see what effect it has had - I was happy for it to be a bit of a diet break anyway, but I suspect that the damage might not actually be too bad.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Less than 3 lbs, almost all of which are gone now (4 days later). That’s much better than past years! While I did indulge and ate over maintenance several days, I finally felt in control of me appetite/calories for the whole month of December! And actually, some of the extra weight was DOMS from a really hard workout on New Year’s Eve 😄 I’m finally not sore anymore!
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,816 Member
    I put on 6.2 pounds between December 18th and New Years day, but I'm already down 4.2 pounds since then. I probably put on like a pound and a half of actual fat that I'll have to work off, but the water weight has been coming off nicely that now that I am not overdoing it.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    edited January 2020
    Amazingly I actually lost .5 lb! I literally ate &drank all the things, was on vacay in Florida visiting fam - I guess I was more active than I realized. But I was shocked to see my scale report a loss post vacay! Lol!

ETA: I didn’t track anything either. Just ate everything 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    I gained 5 pounds but recommitted to Whole 30 for this month. No grains makes it easy to hit calorie and macro goals. And I’m exercising again. So I have lost all 5 since January 2 and looking forward to getting back in my zone. It feels good.
  • helen_goldthorpe
    helen_goldthorpe Posts: 340 Member
    Weigh in done this morning, and the damage is less than 1kg. I'll take that given I've pretty much eaten and drunk what I wanted for 2 full weeks. Being active has probably helped mitigate the damage, and I feel refreshed and ready to get back on the wagon so the break probably did me good mentally anyway.
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Up about 5 lbs and now 3 lb above my target range. I'm tightening up tracking and I'll weigh in again in 3 weeks when I generally de-bloat after my menstrual cycle.
  • mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 486 Member
    I'm about the same. My weight fluctuates around 2 lbs around my goal and that's where I am. Did eat and drink more many days and was super cautious when I could. Exercise every day.
    Bet you lose those 5 lbs pretty quickly.