Food Items You Eat Everyday

124»

Replies

• nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Eating the same food item/s everyday is a recipe for failure. If coffee is considered a food item then i eat that everyday, black with a few packets of sweetner.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited December 2019
    Eating the same food item/s everyday is a recipe for failure. If coffee is considered a food item then i eat that everyday, black with a few packets of sweetner.

For some people, yes. Other people find that frequently eating a group of foods they truly enjoy and fit well into their nutritional/calorie goals is a path to success. There is no one universally right way for people to choose what foods to include in their diet or how frequently.

• Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Everyday is coffee with a splash of cream. I like routine Monday through Friday so that is overnight oats with soy milk and blueberries, natural peanut butter on Ezekiel bread, two pieces of fruit, lean protein and veggies. I'm not so routine on Saturday and Sunday :)
  • gvizzle74
    gvizzle74 Posts: 123 Member
    homemade protein brownies, pre-workout cookies, yogurt and blueberries (all my snacks are the same day after day - my meals always change)
  • JasonJoyHedenskog
    JasonJoyHedenskog Posts: 143 Member
    Coffee!! Everything else varies to what mood I’m in.
  • JasonJoyHedenskog
    JasonJoyHedenskog Posts: 143 Member
    gvizzle74 wrote: »
    homemade protein brownies, pre-workout cookies, yogurt and blueberries (all my snacks are the same day after day - my meals always change)

How do you make these brownies? And how many calories? I looove brownies lol

• BrownSugar174
    BrownSugar174 Posts: 311 Member
    @jenferbar OH! MY! GOSH! This is my favorite snack! Especially after a workout!!xhgn1oixgm13.jpeg
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    imfornd wrote: »
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    imfornd wrote: »
    Chicken - protein drink and bars - peppers - vegetables - low carb tortillas - steak 4 times a week

So your week is only 4 days?

no - I make sure to get red meat 4 days a week - sorry I dangled my participle - that was disgusting

I took it as a joke -- that you should be eating steak every day of the week, so if you're only eating it four days a week, your week must be only four days long.

Thank you. :)
    I guess eating steak 4 days a week will do this to ppl.

steak only 4 days a week = iron and humor deficient?? :smile:
  • BrownSugar174
    BrownSugar174 Posts: 311 Member
    @janejellyroll I agree with you! Loosing weight is about consistency. If eating the same things consistently and working out consistently works for someone then there is nothing wrong with that at all.

Each week we eat the same thing for dinner. We have salmon (Monday), white bean turkey chili (Tuesday), chicken (Wednesday), pasta (Thursday) and homemade pizza (Friday), chicken (Saturday) and shrimp/quinoa veggies (Sunday..hubby has the shrimp). With add sautéed veggies and/or shredded sweet potatoes with the salmon and chicken. We love what we eat.

We pack our lunch and take it with us (sandwiches, Wella Bars, fruit cups/fruits, chocolate milk etc..all good stuff!).

I’ve lost 46 pounds and my hubby by has lost 16 pounds. Two things are important for us...what we are eating is nutritious and we are healthier.
  • carolpa1
    carolpa1 Posts: 72 Member
    edited December 2019
    I have black coffee and eggs every day. My 2 favorite things.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Only 2 things that are daily constants for me are coffee and peanut butter.
  • alicesdeals83
    alicesdeals83 Posts: 1 Member
    1cup Romaine lettuce with 1/4 each black beans, corn, cooked brown rice, 2oz poached chicken dressed with 2Tbsp fat free sour cream and 1Tbsp taco sauce :) everyday, never gets old (:
  • BuffaloChixSalad
    BuffaloChixSalad Posts: 98 Member
    Eggs for sure. Some sort of salad almost every day. Fruit once or twice a day. And chicken!!🥰😉
  • BuffaloChixSalad
    BuffaloChixSalad Posts: 98 Member
    1cup Romaine lettuce with 1/4 each black beans, corn, cooked brown rice, 2oz poached chicken dressed with 2Tbsp fat free sour cream and 1Tbsp taco sauce :) everyday, never gets old (:

Sounds wonderful. We do a lot of tex mex or Mexican type cuisine
  • julebrus2020
    julebrus2020 Posts: 26 Member
    edited January 2020
    The only things I use just about every single day is olive oil and salt.
  • lealosesit
    lealosesit Posts: 3 Member
    coffee and yogurt
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    Coffee, mushrooms, tofu.