What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• jlhalley7835
    jlhalley7835 Posts: 188 Member
    Two a days today

AM - Leg Day - set pr on deadlift (315x3; couldn’t pick it up off the ground 4 weeks ago) Started trying to build muscle in my left quad (tore acl in 2000 never properly rehabbed it)

PM - 25 Min Elliptical HIIT - 1 on, 1 off followed by a 20 minute core circuit
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    67 min on zwift with a ton of power meter drop outs. I was not impressed. The thinnest of silver linings is that it was meant to be a very easy ride.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    edited January 2020
    75 minutes climbing.

I fancied doing longer, but I mis-timed it and got to the gym at 8.30 p.m. - it shuts at 10. I worked from home, due to my boiler needing a repair. I don't walk as much when I work from home, meaning I'm more sedentary than I'd like during the day.

This was an OK session. I didn't go all out, but got loads of the easier climbs. (Some of these were new routes to me.) I was pretty much the only person at the gym.
  • nitalieben
    nitalieben Posts: 680 Member
    Just a quick 22 minute jog in a lovely light drizzle of rain 😊
  • estherpotter1
    estherpotter1 Posts: 137 Member
    t25
  • Alexandrajemal
    Alexandrajemal Posts: 5 Member
    3.69 Miles in 40mins in the rain best run of the year to date :D
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Ringfit sets core,abs, arms and chest
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Monday
    Day 1 of my intensive bootcamp week with trainer. Still not quite 100% so shes going easy on the cardio and more in the muscular endurance.

1hr PT session, full body muscular endurance with trx, plus some boxing and running. She is getting seriously fussy about hand/leg/body position, which means that these are getting tougher and tougher

30 min tabata class

45min barbell class. I was going to go light anyway but decided to mix things up and use dumbbells instead of the bar (and a plate for goblet squats instead of barbell squats). Definitely works the muscles in a different way and some of it was more challenging. She is always making me use different types of equipment anyway, so think I might use the dumbbells every other week.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited January 2020
    1/7

6-7 pm:
    Warmup:
    Yoga (10m)
    Strength:
    Horizontal Push Pull Complex EMO6M (30m)
    Pushup - 34-27-20-14-7 (102)
    Reverse Row - 16-13-10-6-3 (48)
    Cossack Squat - 16 x 5 (80)
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    morning walk with my dog, evening walk with my dog.
  • notmyachillesheel8
    notmyachillesheel8 Posts: 285 Member
    Heading in for leg day and rowing! Let’s goooo
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited January 2020
    I've upped my rowing this week (10K a day), but I wanted to work some fast intervals. Didn't have a lot in mind starting out today except to do some speed work and also 10K. Ended up settling on doing a 4K warmup, then "Power 10s" followed by slow rowing until my HR settled back down to 150. Only got 6 of them in, LOL. Had to let my SR drop down to 15 at the end just to bring the HR down to 150, which is pretty sad, but it's where it's at right now.

Anyway, mission accomplished. Got the 10K in and got some speedwork in, though 6 Power 10s is a bit less than I hoped for! But I did like this workout. Might do it again soon on Tuesdays.

I did see some 1:30s in there but most of the intervals were around 1:45ish and the rest of the row was slow -- 2:26 or so to start, by the end, 2:40s just to bring the HR back down to earth.

This is a nice training piece to train the body to reuse lactic acid and for lactic acid tolerance.

e44xmkwlsp4z.png
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    today 1/7: Spin bike x 30 min, full body weight training in the morning.
    Spin bike x 40 min this afternoon.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Zwift's "intermittent" workout while watching Big Fat Quiz of the Decade (well part of it). 61 minutes, the first three intervals were tempo and the last three were three sets of six 30sec sprint/30sec rest intervals. I remember once upon a time someone said that if you can watch TV/a movie while working out, you're not working hard enough. They clearly haven't had enough practice watching TV while working out ;)

Felt better than I thought it would, but I definitely feel it in my quads (those sprint intervals). It turns out, while I think the TrainerRoad plans are far better designed than the Zwift ones, I'll actually do the ones on Zwift. Yay gamification.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Crazy Tuesday

Day 2 of my intensive week with trainer.

60min stair workout, lots of muscular endurance for the legs

30min yoga

45min zumba

45min insanity

50min boxercise
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    1/7

6-7 pm:
    Warmup
    Yoga (10m)
    Strength
    Handstand Pushup - E2MOM (30m)
    1 rep every 2m (15)

*Bonked at the 10th rep. Just did't have it last night. Next time...
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Walking, walking and more walking.....
  • designerdiscounts
    designerdiscounts Posts: 517 Member
    35 minutes shoulders/legs and 25 minutes elliptical afterwards
    Dumbbell lunges
    Dumbbell lateral raises
    Leg Presses
    Dumbbell upright rows
    Leg Curls
    Dumbbell standing presses
    Barbell Squats
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Today 1/8: 100 pushups (40,20,20,20) , 40 min spin bike
  • karenscfld
    karenscfld Posts: 38 Member
    RPM Spinning class - 45 minutes then walk in swimming pool for 15 minutes.