NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    @cbabie sorry things are stressful it doesn't help food focus at all- I caved & had a toasted tea-cake (like a large bread roll made with dried fruit which you toast!) In coffee shop where I met my girls after school- they finish at 4:30pm (library closes) & I was in meeting til 5 then had to drive thro rush hour. I was so tired & hungry I just needed something! :( Decluttering good for stress- gives me a buzz!!! Yup- lack of sleep doesn't help. Hugs on that.

@theslightedgeforever yellow work out clothes sound cheerful:) my end goal is to buy some posh work out gear from the gym- at the mo I am way too wrinkley & flabby to wear what they sell.

@fleetwitch I'm the same. I did WW between pregnancies & lost well. Joined when youngest was 3 & was almost to goal, for surgery a year later- yo-yo'd with life issues (complications from surgery, broken arm & torn rotator cuff that was missed, more surgery etc) but 4 years ago weight crept up & I struggled to turn it around . Joined gym, got more mobile, got trainer- got more mobile but weight results not great. Left WW for MFP- still struggled but new GP says I need to reduce carbs considerably & up protein by that %. Working on it- with me it's long drawn out perimenopause! Glad to see things are working for you.

@trooworld well done on avoiding temptation (unlike me- avoided at work to sink later). Despite my toasted teacake I have 7 cals left today! :)
    Just don't blame me if you start craving that recipe!!!! 🤣

@mswatson0777 In Sept my plan was 1-2lb a week, track (MFP & a pretty planner) & gym twice a week with some home sessions. Miserable fail. There was too much going on & was not consistent at all. That's why I've reset & broken goals down into baby steps with little changes. Thanks for thinking I' amazing & conscientious- I was ready to give up 4 years ago but a job popped up, literally 11th hour, I got it & I love this school. I've only ever worked in challenging areas (not the worst but certainly not easy), this school has such a supportive structure I can do much more in the lab/classroom. It's been in a transitional phase since before I started & it's great to use my former experience to help improve the school.
    The Ju-jitsu sounds fab. I really need to learn some similar exercise.

@TeresaW1020 well done on moderator. I'm totally with you on baby steps. Read somewhere 4 weeks to make a difference, 8 weeks for friends to notice, 12 weeks for rest of world to notice but 1 day to decide to make that change. That's my thought for the month as I am to make changes. I haven't got a single day perfect yet, but apart from Sat, they are moving in the right direction. Habit tracker sounds a good idea if it's working for you.

@its_cleo I'm with you on lack of sleep = hunger, apparently it's the cortisol hormone levels. I've made increasing sleep one of my goals. Will think of you when I'm at dentist! Oh my gosh re:cop encounter! I don't think anywhere is safe. Just after my sis & BiL moved in together they were washing dishes & there was a cop chase across their back garden- said it was like a movie. Where my youngest SiL lives a man was killed- a 14 year old punched him for being asked to be quiet!!! Drug running has an awful lot to answer for. Think positive- you're on track.

I've had a long day, 1 slip up but it was OK with everything else. Made a very quick meal tonight. Tried out new recipe- loved it & very simple. I do like this new recipe planner. Chilling out now. The wind here is really wild & loud tonight.
  • nighthazel01
    nighthazel01 Posts: 57 Member
    Afternoon,

I do so much better during the week. Everyday during the week I go for a brisk 1. 8 mile walk during my luch break. This helps so much, with my weight and mood. I try to exercise more when I get home, but it’s hard. I haven’t lost anything, but I feel I’m on track.

@its_cleo I’m sorry to hear about your cat, as a pet owner I know it’s hard. Walking helps me when I’m feeling down.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    @fleetwitch Welcome to the group! Looks like you have found a plan that's working for you. Let us know how we can help if you hit a speed bump.

@trooworld Woohoo on no cafes or vending machines. The old you would have done it. New you is standing strong. You asked me what do I do? I track it anyway before I sit down to eat. So I know how much I can have. If it's lunch, I'll eat the whole thing usually but dinner I have to see how many carbs I have left and then I cut it in half or whatever and take the rest home. What I'm learning not to do is just eat it and go over. In a way, tracking has become a control issue. I know I can make those numbers fit into that box.

@mswatson0777 Yes, I like starting my morning with a book and cup of tea. My mom always had a saying, I like my own coffee pot. Which was her way of saying she liked her routine. Routines are good if they work for you and not against you. The majority of us have had routines that made us fat. Now we are working on routines that make us healthy. I'm glad you enjoy your jiu jitsu.

@teresaw1020 Checking in: This is my AA meeting. Bit of advice, always put yourself first. Sometimes helping others lose weight can take up LOTS of time. I spent more time sitting at my computer making fun things to do to help others in a forum and track their weights and settle disputes and on and on it went and I gained 30 lbs. No lie. It was a gradual back and forth that I really didn't realize it. So leave time for cooking healthy meals and keep up with your exercise. So if you learn anything good, let us know. In my Mini Habits book right now it's talking about why dieting doesn't really work. The science behind it. "The crux of weight loss is whether or not you can sustain healthy lifestyle changes in the long term. Go about it the wrong way, and not only will you lose time, but you’ll also screw up your metabolism or your view of healthy food in the process."
    Guise, Stephen. Mini Habits for Weight Loss: Stop Dieting. Form New Habits.
    So potluck: Write down in your journal your bad choices. If you were rewriting that scene, how would your character have done differently? One of my response cards says, We can be loose with our food or thinner but we can't be both.

@its_cleo It can always get worse. lol Never say that. I'm learning to be spontaneous and track. My body is tracking it whether or not I write it down. I've figured out my body wants to keep me fat. She likes being in that comfort zone. Not having to do anything, eat what she wants, she'll keep "trying" though. But new me has taken over the driving and that means I get to control the GPS. I'm sorry about Griffin. I still have Freckles pet carrier. It's been 5 years now I think. Oh, this will be the 6th year. OMG on the cops and all. Yes it's a crazy world.

@cbabie I'm sorry you aren't getting enough sleep. Remember this too will pass and she'll be a teenager who doesn't want to get out of bed. I don't remember the ornaments so I can't help you. I'm sure mom wouldn't have let you put it on the tree with the red bulbs. lol Ask your brother. Then you can pass on the tradition to your DGGD.
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited January 2020
    @joannadavison My friend is in York right now. She was saying, I can't believe it's 4 pm and getting dark. I laughed and told her that you had just told us that. I said eat a scone for me. So do you have protein bars over there or something else light and healthy you could carry with you for those moments you are stuck in traffic and just need a little something? Yaaay on 7 cals left. That's a big win. Now how many carbs do you have left, since that's what the dr is wanting you to look at.

@nighthazel01 You deserve credit for the walking that you do on your lunch break. I've begun keeping a list in my journal everyday of things I deserve credit for that day. Sometimes it says not taking the second cookie when I really wanted it. Walking 15 min when I really wanted to walk 30. We really do make a lot of good choices through the day but our minds tend to just think about how we messed up. So now I keep a list to remind myself.

Ok, that took awhile. Guess if I didn't talk so much....lol

Red Day-Stayed OP 96/100 Exercise- Zip, Nada, Niente, Zero Busy with sil and didn't plan like I normally do. Tomorrow, putting myself first.

January Week 1 goal: 3 glasses of water daily. Met goal 4/7 days
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    @TeresaW1020 I love my AirPods. My kids big my that I spent the money on them. But so far was worth every penny. Hopefully they work good jogging outside this summer.

@mswatson0777 No I haven’t checked that one out. Will add it to my list. Have a couple episodes left of Wentworth then I plan on getting into season 2 of You

@nighthazel01 welcome

@joannadavison I got my steps in yesterday. So far have done the treadmill twice this week and weights 1 day. Today is another weight day.

@fleetwitch welcome

Since the start back to reality been doing good. Official weigh in is tomorrow but so far down 3 lbs. I figured these first 5 lbs be easy since that’s what i put on over holidays. Been eating well. Logging in both mfp and WW. I still have Ww till April. Getting my walks in on the treadmill try for 3 days a week and 2 days of weights

Hope everyone is doing well. Will try to check back in a few days. Still can’t seem to get in daily. Busy doing client book work at home and running with the kids in the evenings.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @its_cleo, I am so sorry for the loss of Griffin and your pain! Our pets are family and you just need to take time to feel all the feelings you have. Yikes how scary to have all that police drama right outside your home! Please take care of yourself! <3 Yeah, people can bug me too! I look at being on F2F as an exercise in self-control and patience. Plus, some of my team members on F2F are pretty darn awesome. ;)

@cbabie, God did create you to sleep and fortunately he created babies to grow up and eventually sleep too. Hang in there my friend! <3

@joannadavison, yes I read that before too. When I lost 50 lbs people did notice, but now they are used to seeing me the way I look now and I’m looking forward to getting the last 50 lbs off. Baby steps! Yes!! :)

@theslightedgeforever, thank you for the good advice and I agree about putting myself first. I reached out and found two women to help with my team, which will make me feel less frantic about having to speak to them all every day. I simply don’t have the time for that! I agree with Stephen Guise and need to get that book! That is why I stopped doing Keto. I need a healthy approach to food that I can do for the rest of my life. And that means learning how to manage the potlucks. ;)

Good morning! :) Today is grocery shopping day and I want to go to Ulta and spend my gift card money. But first I will do my workout and hope this trainer dude doesn't try to make me do any push-ups. Ugghhh those things are the worst!! Wednesday night church starts back tonight as well, so it's a full day. I also have to call my almost 77-year-old mother and see if I can convince her to move in with me. Long story but she needs to get out of my sister's house where she has been living for the last 6 years and come to me where she can have some peace. It will be a huge adjustment for hubby and me but we strongly believe that this is why we ended up with the house we now have. God working his way in our lives and us doing our best to be obedient. o:):#

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    Good morning everyone! Well, yesterday was kind of an oops day: I was fine until after 5:00 p.m...DH stayed home sick and even though he felt better, he didn't feel like cooking dinner. I was too tired to cook and so we ordered pizza! :( It fits in my macros today, but it didn't yesterday.

@mswatson0777 Yesterday was less stressful, thank you, but I still ended up in the deep end lol! No, the honeymoon phase of New Year's is over and now reality hits us all in the face lol. It's time to act on all of those resolutions we made! People fire guns in the air every New Year's and 4th of July in my neighborhood (unfortunately) and it scares the bejezus out of my dog. :( I'm glad you went back to jiu jitsu, WTG!

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! You sound determined to make some changes. I am also determined. I am in a 5-week financial course right now called 5 Weeks to $500 which is supposed to show you how you can find extra money in your budget without getting a side job, and just generally improve your budgeting habits. Baby steps indeed! I hope you had success with your call to your mother.

@its_cleo Thanks! It's been hard for me to avoid the vending/cafe, especially when my officemate is at work because she eats so much junk. But I'm determined to stay away. I'm so sorry about Griffen. Our pets are part of our family, so it's hard when they go, but you did the best thing for little Griffen. That must have been so scary when the police were outside your apartment building. I had something happen the other week where I had to call the police on a couple of people that were fighting on my doorstep. I was alone and it was scary. ((( HUGS ))) to you.

@cbabie Thanks! Yes we have. Technology is good in some aspects, but not so good in others.

@joannadavison Well...I didn't do so well yesterday! lol but thank you! lol I won't blame you!!! ;)

@nighthazel01 I do better during the week, too. That's great you go for a walk on your lunch, WTG!

@theslightedgeforever Thanks, maybe I'm changing but sometimes I take one step forward, two steps back. :( Thanks, that's good to know.

COMMITTED.
    January goal: track 1 meal a day, go for a walk 1 time a week
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @TheresaW1020 How cool that you're becoming a group leader! All the more motivation to keep killing it in the new year. I wish you the best with your Mom. That is a big transition, but it sounds like a very important one for everyone.

@cbabie I know I struggle with eating when I'm sleep deprived too, hopefully you got more sleep last night!

@its_cleo your new year did get off to a rough start! I wonder if they tased him or used a rubber bullet? For school, I'm studying higher education administration so I can finally have a degree in my field

@trooworld Pizza is so hard to resist! And I can't believe people still fire guns in the air....people literally die from the bullets coming back down...yikes...

@renaegry 3lbs down already is awesome! And I totally get the craziness, it's often why I can't check in over the weekend and can only do week day mornings before life kicks in

@theslightedgeforever I love your Mom's saying! I was just listening to a Hidden Brain episode on the power of routines since many of our actions are automatic and willpower alone doesn't enact lasting change. Hopefully we can all shift our habits and routines so that we get positive results.

@nighthazel01 I love lunchtime walks. I've had to give them up since becoming a returning student, but as soon as my lunch hours are no longer taken up with coursework, I'm back on the walking track!

@joannadavison That is quite an aggressive goal! Hopefully spring will seem a bit more manageable. And having a supportive working environment is so important to becoming our best selves in the office or classroom. I'm glad you've found a great working environment.

I was talking with one of my teammates yesterday and she is always an extremely chill and positive influence, but last night she was even more zen if that's possible. She didn't set a specific resolution, but she said that this is going to be her decade of excellence. She cited Lizzo's last decade of turning from homelessness and losing a parent to now having a top album and national fame and I thought it was a really powerful frame of mind and example.

Why not have 2020 be the decade of excellence? I'll be the first person to say that my mindset has been pretty crummy so far, but why not embrace my inner zen, focus on making the most of each day (even when it feels like a grind), finding small moments of joy, and striving to end the decade in a better place than I started it? So here's to 2020 and the decade of excellence! May it bring physical health, professional success, and personal fulfillment to us all!
  • Mrsjenningsjr
    Mrsjenningsjr Posts: 149 Member
    Joining! I did WW a few years ago and found a bit of success. The point system was simple & I think I still have my WW calculator. Also, after WW I found MFP, was consistent with tracking and lost over 18 lbs. Gained it back but, motivated to keep it off this time!
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited January 2020
    @renaegry How do the airpods stay in? One of my earbuds is always falling out and if it didn't have a wire connected to it I probably would have dropped it on the ground somewhere. Great job on the 3 lbs. More to follow.

@teresaw1020 If I can learn to manage food gatherings, you're next. I'm so glad that you have some help. This is your year. My mother in law has been living with me now for the last four years. So I completely understand.

@trooworld So right now you're doing the cha-cha and soon you'll move to the tango. Just keep dancing and learning. So the question is how can you eat pizza and still stay within your boundaries. I can think of at least two solutions right now. What about you? You'll need these ideas for the next time this situation happens again. Because it will.

@mswatson0777 Yes, willpower is not sustainable. Motivation fades. It's just the habits that sustain us. We are making habits every day whether we want to or not. Are they good ones or bad ones? For instance, not tracking the meal you just ate is a habit. Putting two pieces of bread in the toaster is a habit. I only need one and cut that in half and now I have two. Eventually I'm satisfied with just that. To a decade of excellence (holds my water glass up) Cheers. I was just calculating my age at the end of this decade. Lord! I'll be 66. But think what all I can accomplish this next 10 years.

@Mrsjenningsjr Welcome to the group! I hope you find lots of support here to help you on your journey.

Green Day-Stayed OP 222/238 carbs Exercise-31 minutes walking

Lost 1 lb which I'm extremely happy about since I've had company for a week. Now to just get through this week. I hate having my routine disturbed but such is life and I'm learning to roll with it versus old me which would say, I'll start again as soon as she's gone. I spend alot of time these days thinking, OK, how can I make this work? lol

January Week 2 goal: 3 glasses of water daily. Met goal 1/1 days
  • trooworld
    Good morning everyone! Ugh I have a migraine this morning!!! :( Yesterday, I did well eating. I even cooked soup after being tired from work. Tonight's dinner is already done yay!

@mswatson0777 Yes it is! And I do not resist it lol. I know, right? What goes up must come down! Wow, that is a really powerful frame of mind and example! I like the idea of 2020 being the decade of excellence...I love it! May it bring the same to you as well!

@Mrsjenningsjr Hello and welcome!!! If you want to do the WW point system and don't have your calculator, some people use an app on their phone called iTrackBites.

@theslightedgeforever lol I like that analogy. I can either do portion control and eat with a salad or I can just say no. I'm not sure that's what you are thinking of??? Congrats on losing while having company, that's no easy feat!

COMMITTED.
  • mswatson0777
    @trooworld Choosing the healthy choice when tired is a huge NSV, way to go! And leftovers make the week so much easier, way to set yourself up for success. I hope you feel better soon.

@theslightedgeforever Losing a pound with company is a huge NSV! Way to go!!! Great job overpowering your old habits and the *F* it attitude of the past!

Welcome @Mrsjenningsjr!

I had a pretty great day yesterday. Honestly, I've been happier, more centered, and more grounded in my day-to-day routine than I was during my two week vacation, go figure. I guess that means I'm doing something right with my life?

I've been thinking more about habits and realized that I already have a lot of really strong habits in place and that I need to give myself more credit for what I'm doing right. I get 5 servings of fruit/veggies in a day minimum, I've got a physical activity I love and do frequently, and between walking the dogs and walking to work every day I get some decent miles in. That being said, there are plenty of habits I need to look at (eating my feelings instead of feeling my feelings, overindulging in treats, etc.) but overall I'm feeling better about where I'm starting this year than I have in the past.
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    @theslightedgeforever I love York. It's about an hour south of us: Betty's Tea Rooms, The Chocolate musuem, Castle Musem, Jorvik Viking Centre, The Minster plus good shops!
    Agree with your comment in second post- developing habits- that's what I'm aiming to do. I still have some "bad" ones but the improved ones are more frequent.

@renaergy well done on steps. Are you still a WW member? I still buy the magazine & use some of the recipes.

@nighthazel01 I always find things easier with routine

@TeresaW1020 re:baby steps- this toddler fell down today but I climbed back up!! Good vibes etc for your Mum moving in.

@trooworld sometimes life just throws us a curve ball & we have to go with it. Might not be in the plan but if the rest of plan is still in actio- it's only a hiccup in the bigger picture. Hope you are feeling better.

@mswatson0777 being in a nice working environment makes huge difference. I think I've already said the Head of Dept is off ill (serious but I don't know details) -the acting role was offered to both us 2nds- I didn't want it (been there, done that) but I did say I fully supported the other 2nd & I'd help her/share experience. She's been really poorly last couple of days & sent home on Mon. I love how others have just rallied round to support me doing 3 jobs. Wouldn't have happened at my last place!
    Decade of excellence sounds good.
    I do think we have a tendancy to beat ourselves up when things go wrong and not realise how much we've already achieved.

@Mrsjenningsjr Hi welcome to group.

Well I felt awful last night. Ended up pumped full of anaesthetic which my body doesn't like. At least dentist saved my tooth. Back next week for the other one which is less complicated. Took gym kit today but I felt so awful decided not to go. Got 2 sets of books marked & still left early. Ended up indulging with the goodies on staff room table- thankfully a lot were toffees & I didn't dare touch them. I just felt so yuk. So tonight's dinner is total comfort food. Had this planned anyway. Hoping youngest will help me make it as I just want me bed!
  • nighthazel01
    nighthazel01 Posts: 57 Member
    @Mrsjenningsjr welcome!!

@joannadavison I hope you’re feeling better

I’ve been working hard, I’m tracking all my meals, but if I don’t lose a pound soon, I throwing my scale out the window.
  • skimbl
    skimbl Posts: 3 Member
    Hi folks! I was fairly active on the WW boards about 7 years ago (different username than the MFP one). It's so nice to see that a support group still exists. I firmly believe that the WW community was what helped me successfully stick with the program.

I'm currently hovering about 15lbs over my comfy weight of 175. I decided no better day than today to get back to tracking!
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld Sorry about the migraine. Those were two good suggestions. Two things I thought of were cutting a piece in half so in your mind it looks like two or just take the toppings off the pizza and eat that. Or you could take the toppings off the pizza and eat half the crust. There are always ways to reduce calories/carbs.

@mswatson0777 I still have a bit of the *F* it attitude with everything else in life. I spent too many years people pleasing and now it's my turn. Great insight you had about your habits. We never give ourselves enough credit. So that's why I started doing it every day in my journal. Sometimes I have to sit and think about it but little things come to me. Which is interesting as that is what my 100 day lesson covered today. The solution for life is to focus on compounding small choices in the direction desired-Steven Guise.

@joannadavison0777 Thanks for the York tips. I passed them along. I always find things easier with routine too. Good for you for planning ahead your comfort food. I'm learning that if it's going to happen anyway, might as well make it work for me. That's what I've been doing this week with my company.

@nighthazel01 So tell me some other NSV (non scale victories) that you have been having. What good choices did you make today? It's so frustrating when we don't get rewarded with all our hard work. Just keep going and you'll see a Whoosh!

@skimbl Welcome to the group! Are you still doing the program? Which team color did you choose? I stopped counting points and am counting carbs because I was pre-diabetic and doc told me lower my carbs. I'm doing a medium-high carb plan. Sounds weird cause everyone does a low carb plan but it's working for me because I'm able to stick to it. My weight and my glucose are coming down. I think tracking is the most important thing in my program.

Here's a bit of what I learned in my 100 day book.....Consistency is not only the key to behavior change: it is evidence of behavior change. Those trying to force themselves to eat a certain way will often slip up and have “cheat days,” when they eat what they want to eat. Those who succeed change their underlying food preferences through the power of habit formation.

Your current and past habits have created your current weight. A different set of habits will create a different result (ideally, some rate of weight loss). This is from Mini Habits for Weight Loss by Steven Guise.

Green Day-Stayed OP 237/238 carbs Exercise 30 min YouTube video. Cute little thing to Christmas music. I'm a little late, ey? I kept meaning to do it in December but never got around to it. Better late than never.

January Week 2 goal: 3 glasses of water daily. Met goal 2/2 days

• trooworld
    Hello everyone. Well, yesterday I got some bad news about the health of an estranged family member and needless to say, I did not make the best eating choices. I'm going to forgive myself and move on.

@mswatson0777 Thank you! Yes, we always make enough at dinner to take for lunch the next day, it makes things so much easier. Thanks, my migraine was gone by about noon. I'm glad you are happier now and having a great day! It does sound like you have some great habits...I'm glad you are recognizing those now.

@joannadavison Yes indeed and yesterday I had a curveball that I had to go with. I feel better now, thanks. I'm glad the dentist was able to save your tooth but sorry you felt awful.

@nighthazel01 WTG tracking all your meals and working hard! I hear you about the scale. Are you also measuring your body with a tape measure? Sometimes those changes show up first.

@theslightedgeforever Thanks. Unfortunately, I get them pretty regularly. Thanks for helping me think outside the box! :) Good ideas from the books you read. I can't wait to have different habits. Exercising to Christmas music? I guess you are late or a little early. ;)

COMMITTED.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @mswatson0777, Yes!! Let’s make this a decade of excellence! I love it! And yes, even in the daily grind we can find small moments of joy. We just have to be willing to see them. ;) Thank you, I am hoping that by being a leader it will keep me more focused this year on my own weight loss.

@theslightedgeforever, Yayyyy for your one pound loss!! I lost .6 this week so at least I too am heading in the right direction. Great quote from Steven Guise! Creating a different set of habits is what I’m all about right now! Especially when eating at church potlucks! :D

@joannadavision, I sure hope you are feeling better today! <3 That is good that the dentist could save the tooth. I have a tooth that worries me and might have to have some extra attention one day soon and I know it’s going to cost a lot of money. But I don’t want to lose it so I’ll pay what it takes. :/

@trooworld, I’m sorry you got bad news about someone you love! Yes, be kind to yourself and move on. I hope you will have a good and peaceful weekend. <3

Good morning! Well, my mom is moving in with us. I will drive down to Florida on Feb. 29th and bring her back on March 1st. My birthday is on March 2nd and she seems to think getting a mother is a great birthday present. She is only bringing what can fit into my SUV so hubby and I will go shopping soon and get her new bedroom furniture. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little scared about having her here and all that it will entail as we go forward. She turns 77 in a couple of weeks and my DH turns 77 in May. I'm just really praying that they both don't go declining on me at the same time!! :# However I am strangely at peace about all this and since I believe it's God's will for my life right now I am certain he will see me through whatever the future holds. At least that is my big prayer at the moment!! o:) In other news, I did lose .6 lbs this week and I’m working on making good food choices while not sticking to a particular diet plan. We will see if that works!
  • mswatson0777
    @TheresaW1020 That is going to be a big change for both you and your spouse! Transitions are always hard, but I hope the transition goes as smoothly as possible.

@trooworld I'm so sorry to hear that, that sounds like a horribly stressful and difficult situation.

@theslightedgeforever I feel you with the people pleasing. I felt like my entire holiday season was about pleasing other people. I ended up miserable and it did not go well because it was never enough. Next year is going to be 100% different.

Welcome @skimbl

@nighthazel01 Sorry to hear your habits aren't showing results. How long have you been in a plateau for? Are there habits you've switched up during this time?

@joannadavison So sorry you aren't feeling well and that the dentist visit ended up being complicated. How was your dinner last night? I hope the planned comfort food helped!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!! We're super busy at work today so I'm hoping the day goes by quickly. I'm going to treat myself to a drop in yoga class tonight and a glass of wine. It's going to be another busy weekend with my SO's work holiday party tomorrow and a friend party on Sunday. I also made sure I had some down time during the days so I can cook up some healthy meals and get all set up for my classes starting Monday. This is going to be a brutal semester but I'm ready to tackle it. I hope you all have great days as well!
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    @mswatson0777 Enjoy the wine and yoga! Yoga is the one thing I’ve never really liked lol. A decade of excellence sounds like a tall order…I will say I have enjoyed my life more each decade. My 30s was better than my 20s, my 20s was better than my teens. My 40s..I’m 43….I don’t know if it’s better than my 30s. I have less emotional difficulties, I am more relaxed in my life.

@trooworld ….shooting guns off on the holidays is weird, but I guess it’s an American thing because we simply do not have that here. At least not in Ontario- maybe

@renaegry could comment on Alberta. Sorry to hear about your family member.

@theslightedgeforever I have the same worry about air pods- that I will lose them. There’s a kind you can buy where the two are attached, I might try those bc at least they’re linked together. Congrats on the pound! I think you’re absolutely right about noting the things we do well. I think it’s really important.

@TeresaW1020 pushups are hard. I can’t do them properly but it’s my dream. I can do them from the knees. From the toes, I can go down all the way slowly 10 second descent. That is supposed to build up your arm strength. The exercise I hate is cable rows, trainer makes me do it….I hope it works out with your mother, I’m sure it will turn out ok after everyone adjusts.

@renaegry good luck getting back into the swing of things. Will you renew WW? I like MFP better.

@joannadavison toasted tea cake sounds great! Good luck with the dental stuff. I have a lot of old fillings that need to be repaired. So I will go in again next week.
    Well I’m getting by ok.

Thanks for all the kind words re Griffin. I’ve had a tough week, I just feel kind of *kitten*.

So far though I’ve done really well since the new year with calories and exercise but it’s starting to get hard. Yesterday I splurged and had a burger and poutine (fries, cheese curds, gravy) at the food court. It was ok, but I’m over calories by 200 or 300. I think next time I will split the meals ie have either a burger or the fries but not both.

I have stuck to my exercise goals but today I’m supposed to run and do a core workout and on Saturday run and do an upper body workout. My motivation is very low but we’ll see. I just want to hide which is terrible.

Still having issues with my wrist. I saw the RMT yesterday and he said he thought I should see a chiro. So I will probably get it checked out, but I’ll wait a few weeks because I’ve had a few unexpected expenses.