Low calorie high protein breakfast

I am sure this has been discussed many times but I like new idea.
I would love ideas for low calorie high protein breakfast ideas that are easy to log.
Thank you!

Replies

• aslabaugh1
    aslabaugh1 Posts: 1 Member
    My go to easy weekday breakfast is 1/2 banana, 1/2 cp old fashioned oatmeal, and to bump up protein I add a side of 1/2 cp 1% cottage cheese.

It tracks as 300 cal and 18 grams protein.

Keeps me full until lunch!
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    I make egg white Frittatas sometimes on a Sunday. I'll use whatever veg I have on hand that need to be used before they go bad, a little cheese, and liquid egg whites. They usually come in at +/- 130 cal per serving and +/-20g protein.

I just have a generic veg Frittata recipe entered and log it as a good ballpark log entry. Sure there's marginal differences based on which veg you end up throwing in it, and which cheese, but not enough to matter to me.
  • MonaLisaLianne
    MonaLisaLianne Posts: 377 Member
    I often have some sliced turkey breast, or hard-boiled eggs supplemented with low-fat or fat-free Greek yogurt.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    How many cals, what's high protein to you, what do you like? With that information we could probably help you modify it to be high protein and low cal, as you define it.
  • gremloBBPT
    gremloBBPT Posts: 51 Member
    Are you able to eat foods that aren't conventionally thought of in our diet as "breakfast food" or would you prefer that the recs be "breakfasty"? ;) More often than not, I don't eat typical breakfast food, so that gives me a lot more options for high-protein/low cal meals.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    gremloBBPT wrote: »
    Are you able to eat foods that aren't conventionally thought of in our diet as "breakfast food" or would you prefer that the recs be "breakfasty"? ;) More often than not, I don't eat typical breakfast food, so that gives me a lot more options for high-protein/low cal meals.

This. There is no reason you can't have a salad for breakfast or cereal for dinner unless it really bothers you. I am not saying you need to eat lettuce tacos every morning but ruling it out just because it is not conventional does not make sense to me. The worst is you try it for a few days and see what you thing.

My suggestion chicken chili.
  • lisaepell
    lisaepell Posts: 103 Member
    I'm not a big breakfast person, as I prefer to save my calories for later in the day (I like my snacks), but in the interest of protein, I like to drink a carton of Chocolate Muscle Milkb (100 cal. 20 g. protein). I drink it over ice on my way to work.
  • ambrstr2013
    ambrstr2013 Posts: 1 Member
    Very easy high protein breakfast: 1/2 Cup Oatmeal and 4 oz. - 6 oz. of egg whites mixed in.

Prepare the oatmeal, then microwave the egg whites for 2:00 mins. in a small corning dish, add the egg whites directly in the oatmeal and chop up with a fork.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Smoked salmon
    Liver and onions
    Nut butter on toast
    Chia pudding or added chia to yogurt
    Bison burger with egg on top
  • Tennisskater
    Tennisskater Posts: 66 Member
    last nights leftovers! I don't mind eating non breakfast items :)
  • leoperales2018
    leoperales2018 Posts: 2 Member
    I eat 1 homemade deviled egg for breakfast and a coffee. Works for me and gets me right to lunch on time.
  • Priasmama416
    Priasmama416 Posts: 103 Member
    Overnight oats, 1/4 cup each of oats, lite and fit greek yogurt, non dairy milk and fresh fruit. Its filling, high in protein, and only 17o calories
  • BWGMFP
    BWGMFP Posts: 8 Member
    I like a breakfast frittata. I use 6 whole eggs, 18 egg whites, turkey italian sausage, sweet potatoes and a variety of veggies. Once all veggies and the sausage are cooked, put them in a casserole with the egg mixture and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. I have it saved as Brian’s 40/30/30 Turkey Breakfast Casserole. My recipe makes 6 servings and each serving has 390 calories, 39g protein, 28g of carbs and 14g of Fat. I built the recipe to be 40/30/30 compliant.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    How many cals, what's high protein to you, what do you like? With that information we could probably help you modify it to be high protein and low cal, as you define it.

Yes, this is important to know as what one person thinks of low cal / high protein may not be the same as another.