January 2020 Chat and Gratitude chat

retirehappy
retirehappy Posts: 4,751 Member
Wishing everyone a wonderful New Year. I hope 2020 treats you kindly.

I will be having champagne, and a regular keto meal. Looking forward to the feasting seasons ending.

Replies

• krenoline57
    krenoline57 Posts: 1 Member
    planning to just eat til 80% full and enjoy everything! I found that my bane, wine is not as much as a problem as it used to be. I just can't hold my booze anymore! Not giving it up but cutting back in the new year! Happy NEW YEAR!
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Good morning everyone! HAPPY NEW Year!! It's a new year and a new decade and I am making plans! I am mainly making plans because, well, that is what Capricorns do! We make plans for the year, plans for projects, and daily lists for the day. In fact, I make decorative pillows with quotes and one that sits in my office says "A Goal Without a Plan is Just a WISH! lol We just LOVE planning!

So I begin my year with looking back: I have lost 38.2 lbs for the year, 2.6 lbs for the month, and 108.4 .lbs total. I have discovered the JOY of fasting and of controlling my rheumatoid arthritis and my health in general by modifying my diet instead of taking pharmaceuticals! I am so grateful that the internet (which I consider to be both a wonderful and terrible thing) provides an ongoing wealth of information that allows me to do that! Support groups continue to give me strength and at this point I feel so much in charge of my choices. I start every day with a gratitude list!

And I also begin my year with looking forward. I do not exactly do New Years Resolutions, but I do begin my year with what I call my List of Ten. These are ten things I intend to accomplish during the coming year and I post it in my office and check them off as I complete them. The ones that are related to my health and fitness are: 1) continue the combination of intermittent and alternate day fasting that is working well for me. I want to lose 20-25 lbs in the coming year. Then I can start with the challenge of maintaining! 2) With the RA I will always have challenges with joint stiffness. (This past couple of years I have focused on my steps and after my recent RA flare I have just come back to 7k steps a day. I want to be back to 9k by Spring and ready to tackle some hills and some walking in the woods). So, I am going to start experimenting with Yoga, Tai Chi, Chi Gong. I am not sure which is the right path is for me here, but I know it has to do with flexibility and balance. I have been looking at some videos on Youtube and am going to do a Yoga for Seniors today. I did yoga when I was younger and I believe its time to take this or a similar path again. 3) I want to get back to my art. And that is part of a spiritual/mental health path for me.

I hope everyone is having an amazing day, filling with gratitude and blessings. I don't come in here as often as I once did because I no longer do things like count calories, but I think this is an amazing group with has lasted a lot longer than almost all of the groups I have seen! I have been coming in here since 2013! Thanks to Retirehappy, who does a fantastic job, it just keeps going on! Once again, HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!
  • retirehappy
    Wishing you all the best in the new year and decade, DreamOn145.

I have done yoga off and on since I was 17, I always return to it. I did QiGong recently for a while but IT band issue made me stop. I think I will be going back to that class for winter since it gets bloody cold here and you can't walk outside comfortably. I think both of these practices are helpful for anyone. Lots of youtube videos for yoga, jessicasmithtv has some very nice ones, that any level person can do.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Just need to finish the goodies so s can start properly!
  • retirehappy
    I am grateful I started the new year and the new decade within my goal range. Was nice not to join the average Americans who gain 10 lbs. over the holidays.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,193 Member
    I am grateful I started the new year and the new decade within my goal range. Was nice not to join the average Americans who gain 10 lbs. over the holidays.

Great! I have put a few pounds on but still within my goal too
  • Ila1227
    Ila1227 Posts: 71 Member
    Is this the only current strand? I am having trouble understanding how these boards work. On this board the list of discussions have very old dates.
    Also, Do people just chat (leave messages) here...like how their day has gone etc.
  • retirehappy
    Ila1227, This thread is for any general stuff, how your day is going, or anything you are grateful for in your life. Boards like this go in phases, sometimes lots of topics others, not so much.
  • retirehappy
    I'm a big fan of fasting, doing one today and will go till Friday's lunch time.