Have you Tried...?

dawnz75
dawnz75 Posts: 579 Member
I thought it might be fun to have a thread where we could ask this keto community if they have tried certain recipes, workouts, products etc. It would be great to have a little input if something peeks our curiousity and we want to give it a go.

I was wondering if anyone has tried the keto noodles? The ones that you make with just cheese and an egg? I was thinking how fun the next time I make the family pasta, if I come along side them with a pasta dish of my own. Just wondered on taste and any experiences anyone has had with this "recipe". Thanks.

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Like this???

https://kirbiecravings.com/2-ingredient-keto-pasta/

I haven't ever heard of this before, but now I'm curious and totally going to need to put moz cheese on my shopping list!
  • dawnz75
    I saw a little video on FB this morning, different person but same recipe. Looks really doable and yummy.
  • dawnz75
    https://www.maebells.com/keto-pepperoni-pizza-bites/

Anyone ever try something like this? I just purchased coconut flour from Amazon and it came today! These also look super easy to make and I can skip the dipping sauce. They are small in size, but at 1 net carb each> I can have 4-5 easily with a nice salad or something. I was thinking it would be great to have these while others eat pizza and feel like I am not missing out.
  • cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    No but I have a package of shirataki noodles in my fridge, was gonna make miso ramen but I don't have all the ingredients lol! Last night I made a lasagna with chicken deli slices in place of noodles, it's actually pretty awesome! And not chicken-y :D
  • ploomka
    ploomka Posts: 308 Member
    Cheese crust for pizza anyone? Keep seeing it on Instagram. Might have egg in it too...
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    ploomka wrote: »
    Cheese crust for pizza anyone? Keep seeing it on Instagram. Might have egg in it too...

I did the original FatHead dough: egg, cheese, almond flour
    Delicious, yes. But I only made it once because it was a little too high maintenance for a thing for one person when I also had to cook for my carbier fam, and I'm lazy. Also, crazy calories with the pizza toppings! Yikes! But one pizza lasted me a few meals because it's filling. And almond flour is expensive. You can use coconut flour apparently (costs less but you use less too).

Some people use the dough to make other things, like breadsticks or what not.

I know there's a recipe with just egg & cheese? People are nuts over it. I haven't made that. For the same main reason: calorie bomb and lazy. But I bet it's delicious. What's not to like about cheese?
  • lalabank
    lalabank Posts: 1,009 Member
    Have you tried Two Good Yogurt?
    I’m totally digging it with only 3 carbs per serving it’s a nice easy treat I can work into my day.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I like the chicken, parmesan, egg version of pizza crust...you can make it topped with just cheese or veggies and either white or red sauce or even like a buffalo sauce and it tastes good...it does pretty much taste like chicken, but for me that just means I don't need to add any extra meat to the top unless I want bacon with my chicken...and I use canned chicken so it's super easy...but it would be a bad fit for anyone who doesn't like the taste of chicken.
  • cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    My fave low carb pizza is with a low carb tortilla as the crust, like a thin crust pizza. I know they're dirty keto but only 5 net carbs and not too many calories.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    cgcrutch wrote: »
    My fave low carb pizza is with a low carb tortilla as the crust, like a thin crust pizza. I know they're dirty keto but only 5 net carbs and not too many calories.

I do that a lot, too. Yummy and a lot quicker than making the crust yourself. And fewer calories too so I'm all about pizza sans cal-bomb.

I toast the tortilla first. Then I diced tomato, pizza spice, pepperoni, and cheese it and pop it back into the toaster oven to broil for a couple min to melt the cheese. Delish.

If you're doing total carbs instead of net, it's probably not an option. Since 1 tortilla will blow your total out, but if you're dying for pizza quick then it's great. I have though made a skillet pizza. It's a mess but microwaving a layer of cheese on a small plate until it's crisp and then adding the pizza flavors on top is an ultra low-carb quick way to get the pizza hit. And I know they have recipe for a pizza dip I've seen somewhere. So, there are options for everyone.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    @dawnz75 I made some of these bites a few years back and they are really good.
    @ploomka I have made the Fathead pizza crust a lot. My husband likes it better than most of the gluten free crusts we've tried....even the carby ones.
    @lalabank I eat the Two Good yogurts a lot and like them!
  • luvfit3
    luvfit3 Posts: 44 Member
    Have you tried...Homemade Dinner Rolls?

https://ketokarma.com/how-to-make-keto-dinner-rolls-recipe/

Yes I said dinner rolls.....yummy! Not too many ingredients. It was a hit for my husband and kids too and they are a hard crowd to please. You will need almond flour and mozerella cheese.
  • liketoyak
    liketoyak Posts: 173 Member
    No but I have a package of shirataki noodles in my fridge, was gonna make miso ramen but I don't have all the ingredients lol! Last night I made a lasagna with chicken deli slices in place of noodles, it's actually pretty awesome! And not chicken-y :D

That sounds yummy!
  • ploomka
    ploomka Posts: 308 Member

How have I never heard of these!! I made bean sprout “noodle” lo mein last night, but I bet it woulda been better with shirataki noodles! Gonna find and try!!

• prowell57
    prowell57 Posts: 140 Member
    I've never heard of the noodles made with cheese and egg yolk. Sounds good, I need to try them.
    I found a recipe for pizza on Pinterest called Where's the crust pizza. I really liked it so did my husband. Taste like you're eating just the pizza toppings.
  • bwrabbit11
    bwrabbit11 Posts: 10 Member
    I just found out about "Chaffles". Bought the little Dash waffle maker. A whole new wor!d of sandwich opportunities! Going love making tuna or chicken salad on a chaffle. 😁
  • Mov3mor3
    Mov3mor3 Posts: 96 Member
    bwrabbit11 wrote: »
    I just found out about "Chaffles". Bought the little Dash waffle maker. A whole new wor!d of sandwich opportunities! Going love making tuna or chicken salad on a chaffle. 😁

Have you tried them yet? Are they eggy tasting?
  • dawnz75
    I just read this earlier and then was looking over recipes in a keto blog and saw Chaffles Video. They look fun, the mini dash waffle maker is only $10 on Amazon. So often I make things for just myself when I am cooking for the rest of the house, I think this will come in very handy. Let you know when I make them. Anyone else tried them yet?
  • dawnz75
    https://kaseytrenum.com/keto-chaffle-recipe/

In case you want to peek at them, but not spend a lot of time searching...
  • bwrabbit11
    bwrabbit11 Posts: 10 Member
    I've made a couple of different versions of Chaffles so far...one with almond flour and mozzarella, one with coconut flour, and this morning an almond flour and cream cheese version. I really didn't taste too much egg. Going to do egg whites in the next batch. Really nice being able to take a turkey, swiss, lettuce "sandwich" with me today. 😁