Serial Starters

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member
    HALLO, I've returned.

I took some time to reset myself from fitness goals and honestly just saying I was doing enough and leaving it there. I stopped using my fitbit for a while too for similar reasons (oh I hit 10,000 steps that means I can eat what ever I want right? HA that's hilarious inner me but yes let's eat all the things.) So I bought a bike and bike to work because not only do I need a low impact exercise for cardio fitness but also because you can't exactly quit when you are halfway to work or another destination. I also got a new job where I'm on my feet most of the day~

Anywho, I got really into Chinese homestyle cooking over the holidays as well as artisan baking.

Meghan!!!!
    So excellent to see you! The Cabana Boys are fluffing the pillows on your favorite lounge chair~~

Lana
  • LanaCabana537

Beck Day 4 Project is "Give yourself Credit" + Create a card that says so.

Beck says (pg 74):
    "I've noticed that people who struggle with their weight tend to be hard on themselves.....
    Start now by telling yourself, "Good job", every time you sit down to eat, read a Response Card, and complete every other weight-loss task in this program. By consciously giving yourself credit, you'll reinforce your self-confidence and build an awareness that you're strong and in control."

Remember to read your Advantages Response Cards 2+ times today!
  • LanaCabana537

I need to rush to get together with the Wednesday morning ladies walking group.

BBL

Lana

253.8 today
    255.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Lana - be sure to tell your self GREAT job for rushing to get to the walking group - that is awesome!
    Give yourself credit - I did write that one down bright and early this morning. I stuck a stickie on my computer screen that says credit! I tend to give credit with a but. You did well with lunch, but ate to much at dinner. Have to probably stop that! We are our worst enemy. Baby steps to a better self confidence level! We are in control!
    Sara - nice job on the ounces.
    Waves to all - gotta get some work done!
    Lynn
  • brennerjlb
    edited January 2020
    Hi all, I'm new! I've been on and off mfp, lost some weight a while ago and managed to mostly maintain it but it's been creeping up over the past few months. This year I'm going to try to get past my previous low weight and maintain, while focussing on my fitness]

Hello and welcome
    My checkin
    CW 196.4
    HW 207
    GW 189 by 1/31

• hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Sara - what did I miss? you are on medical leave?? what happened?? was this from your fall? (i guess missed a lot of posts and still not caught up!)

Lynn - I was able to download what you did. Will be working from that as much as I can. Need to get index cards. Will work with sticky notes until I do.

Self-sabotage already last night with hunger pangs (aka emotional eating). Trying to get in my head that should not derail everything.

I do find I do better when I make myself log everything. Even if I am not under my calorie budget, I can at least see where I had my issues.

CW 171.5
    HW 216
    GW 150
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,325 Member
    Kathryn, I am out on medical/mental health leave of absence for at least the next 4 weeks. Paperwork done for income so now I am focusing on water/walking/eating better/sleeping.
  • missy0936
    missy0936 Posts: 1,507 Member
    edited January 2020
    Here we go again. This is the heaviest I’ve ever been... ugh just can’t seem to live a healthy life I always end up back here.

CW214
    HW315
    GW160

Could really use a support group. Feel free to message me if you do too.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    THURSDAY

Good morning

Missy - we are an open board, stop by and post when you can.

Neighbor gave me a job posting at his employment. It makes no sense, so I will do a little more research.

Lady who runs cafe at work gave coworker her phone # for me to call her. She said to come by and have lunch and she will let me in the back way if I dont want people to see me.....

Dont have too much on my to do list, so I hope to get some walking in.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited January 2020
    Good morning Sara -

Good morning All~~

This Saturday I will be going up to NYC for a week. Dear Estranged Husband is coming east from Las Vegas to see a colorectal surgeon at Memorial Sloan Kettering on Tuesday the 14th. We have no idea what will happen after Tuesday.

Therefore, I do not know if I will be able to consistently post the Beck stuff. It takes time for me to read through each day's stuff and distill out what are the best few sentences to post here.
    I'll do my best, but some days may receive short shrift.

Also, I looked ahead, and I feel that there are some days that really lend themselves to more than one day of focus on them.

Lana

253.8 today
    255.0 highest
    223.0 June 30 goal
    199.9 Dec 31 goal
  • LanaCabana537

Beck Day 5: Eat Slowly and Mindfully page 79
    Beck Quotes:
    --When you eat slowly, your brain has time to register that you're full.
    --When you notice and enjoy every mouthful, you feel more satisfied when the food is gone.

- - - - - - - -
    Now, this is me Lana asking you
    How do you all manage the actual eating of your meals? Can you make helpful changes?
    Do you read or watch television while you eat?
    Do you eat at your desk at work, or can you eat at a table in the lunchroom?
    Do you have some of your meals with other people or family where there's conversation or distractions?

I try to loop this in with sitting down to eat. I sit down at a table and eat on real dishes (as opposed to out of a container!) and eat slowly and try to remember to enjoy the food.

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    Good morning!
    Yes day 5 kind of sums much of my eating problems up. I have heard this over and over and I am such a non-mindful eater. Not to the point of shoveling it in, but sometimes. And that is just so crazy. This past week or so I still eat at my desk - too much drama in lunchroom. But I have been just eating, not working. I will listen to music and eat. So that is a positive step. Dinner is a sit down meal at our house. me, hubby and son. So often are distractions, but that should not really stop me from mindful eating :smile: I will read this one daily for sure.
    Lana - I don't know what to say about your upcoming week. Sound stressful. A healthy lifestyle should not be rushed. I have no problem if we continue to support each other stalling and taking time to read back through all the days and evaluate my successes. Feel free to vent here - you are in my thoughts.
    Sara - I am glad you are getting support from those you worked with. That helps I hope. Walking sounds like a grand idea! :smile:
    Hello Missy.
    Waves to all! Have a great Thursday!
  • brennerjlb
    My check in
    CW 197.2
    HW 207
    GW 189
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Have an appointment to see a shrink a week before my medical leave ends, I am hoping they might extend it a little.

I ran into the neighbor to offer to sit with her mother so she and her husband could get some respite.

No nap but maybe later.
  • LanaCabana537

Beck Day 6 is Find a Diet Coach
    Beck says "Knowing that you ave to report on your progress to someone else can motivate you to stick to your plan."

Read your Advantages Response Card at least twice today!
    Read other Response cards
    Eat slowly; eat sitting down
    Give yourself CREDIT !!
    Line up a Diet Coach or Support Group
  • Tilliesmommy1
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

Thank you Lana for keeping us on our toes. Things slip through the cracks so easily.

TGIF!!

BBL
  • LanaCabana537

Hi Ladies~~

I'm in a rush again this morning to get to my ladies walking group at 9am.

I am frustrated that the scale going up instead of down. I need to keep calm and diet on~~

Oh, almost forgot: This group here is my diet coach. I really do not have anyone else. In the past, I've tried my sister and a couple close friends, but it actually put us in a strained situation. You ladies are really the very best in every way! So thank you!

Lana

254.4 today Dang 😱
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    I feel I am so far behind on the Beck thing. Still have not had a moment to do my cards. :( I am trying to get into new routines and that has my time management completely off track at the moment.

I want to get back into habit of posting daily steps to try and hold myself accountable - a minimum of 7k per day. once I can do that consistently, then I will increase the goal.

Weight down today but no idea why other than water weight. Not complaining! I will take it! :)

CW : 168
    HW: 216
    GW: 150 by May

• Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Hi all, Happy New Year's and Happy Friday,

Don't have much time, but wanted to let you all know I am still kicking around here, doing what needs to be done. Nothing new to report.

I hope you are all doing well.

Lana~ congrats on the new job!!

~Saltine~ >:)