LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited January 2020
    Would taking a vegetable supplement be "cheating" on the carnivore diet? Dr. Berg has a good cruciferous vegetable supplement.
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Yeah. Meat is supposed to give you all you need. No veggies required. I'm not strict or anything, but still trying to stick with only meat for food.
  • LiLee2018
    Yall. I'm so annoyed.
    The digital scale we had was broken so we need to get a new one. The regular? non digital? one we have is off by a pound or so so you never know exactly which way to add or subtract.
    So.. looked on amazon to get a new scale while I was thinking about it.
    Frickin glass tops. Almost every single digital scale is a glass top!!
    NO! Just NO.
    I don't care that it's tempered and has a 400lb weight limit. The last thing my fat butt wants to do is step on GLASS barefoot. NM that I've seen that yes, there is the possibility of it shattering! NO THANK YOU.
    What the hell happened to regular ole plastic??
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    OMG what the heck??!!!! That is crazy and I would want no part of it either.....surely walmart or target has the regular kind surely?!
  • LiLee2018
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure Walmart still carries the same scale we had. Even though it did break, we had it for years so it's not like it was a piece of crap.
    Will see what Target has first though just to see if there's something different we can try.
    Just annoyed as crud that everything is glass top. Or something that covers the glass top just in case it breaks. Yeah... no.... no... no no no. Especially w/ my kids who like jumping around on the scales. That would be a disaster waiting to happen if it was glass.

So.. had hamburger patties w/ giant globs of spiced cream cheese last night. SO GOOD.
    I just softened the cream cheese in the microwave. Then added garlic and onion powder to it. Nothing fancy. Brought a nice cheesy tang to my meal which was needed. I needed some variety. Something different than just savory on savory.
    Have some leftover and will be using it on the steak tonight!

OO speaking of steak... we bought some Prime sirloin steaks discounted Saturday. Had them the same night. Best steaks I've had in a long time. Even better than ribeye. It wasn't super fatty which is fine, but holy moly... it was great. Just the right amount of tenderness and chew to it. SO good. I guess there really is a difference between Prime & Choice.

Anywho.. no reflux or nausea yesterday. Yay :) BUT still had a case of late night poops. SO damn annoyed by it b/c it happens at about 2-3am. Just late enough that I can't take another melatonin and if I don't take a melatonin and actually get back to sleep? It's only for another 30min before having to get up. The times where I do risk taking a melatonin, I wake up even more tired. It's just... UGH very annoying. This is when the monster drinks come in handy! YAY sweet addictive caffeine! lol

Just bought some ox bile to try out to help my digestion which needs as much help as it can get. Really hoping it helps w/ the late night pooping and the nausea and reflux issues when eating high fat.
    DH hasn't been having any issues though. He doesn't have the gut problems I have thank goodness.

Oh and speaking of high fat. SO much conflicting information about this diet!
    One person loses weight eating MORE fat while others have to eat less to lose weight. UGH! Why can't things be simple?? lol
    Just got to see what works for me I guess.

I am still planning to eventually OMAD. I don't know when that will be though. I think if the ox bile helps and I can start eating more fat, it will definitely help me feel more satisfied and less hungry as often since my body will actually be absorbing and using everything I'm eating.
    OMAD aint happening yet, but in time, it will :)
  • volgirl1322
    Best of luck with the meat eating. There is just no way I could just eat meat, if anything I could be a vegetarian if anything (not a vegan I love me some cheese) but meat to me is okay I totally can survive on fruits/vegs and carbs of course!

Good luck with the digestion issue too ---that has to be horrid.....
  • LiLee2018
    I do love veggies. SIGH....
    It won't always be this way, but I will be trying to stick with it for as long as possible and having some 'cheats' here and there w/ veggies I love. :)

My appetite has been weird today. Hungry in the morning. Fine all day and then dinner rolls around and I get nauseated. I ate the steak. Not all the fat like I normally would though and feel fine now. Hunger nausea? /shrugs
  • volgirl1322
    Do you know what the expected weight loss is on this type of diet? I can see how it would be beneficial I guess since cavemen had to eat this way :). Wishing you lots of luck and sending you hugs ----hopefully your tummy will settle down soon!!
  • LiLee2018
    Do you know what the expected weight loss is on this type of diet? I can see how it would be beneficial I guess since cavemen had to eat this way :). Wishing you lots of luck and sending you hugs ----hopefully your tummy will settle down soon!!

Thanks!

I'm not sure about the weight loss tbh. It's not really a weight loss diet. More of a healing diet and weight loss can be one of the benefits.
    There's this one woman that has been on a carnivore diet for 10+ years. When she first started, she was already at a healthy weight and gained about 20lbs in 6m doing it, but once her body had healed itself, the weight came back off. I really hope that WON'T be the case for myself since I'm not at a healthy weight currently lol, but we'll see.
    Lady's name is Kelly Hogan. You have to look up "Kelly Hogan carnivore" or zero carb to find her. She also has a blog called my zero carb life. I haven't looked in to that. Just watched a couple of interviews she's done where she talks about her experience.

My goal is a bit more shallow right now and backwards. I'm hoping for the weight loss and improved health as the bonus ;) Like.. 70% lose weight and 30% get healthy... rofl

Alrighty... so next week... going to greatly decrease the amount of diet soda I drink. Right now, along w/ the monster which is basically the same thing as diet soda, just w/ more caffeine.... it's all I'm drinking. I drink like a sip of water in the morning and at night when I take my meds and that's it lol. Yeesh. That's embarrassing to admit but it's the truth.
    I need to get back to one a day if that much (along w/ the monster b/c I'm not ready to give up the caffeine just yet lol).
    While I don't think diet soda is poison, I know it can't be that great that I'm drinking as much as I am. So yep... goal for next week!
    At least the stuff I drink is caffeine free though so there won't be any sort of weird withdrawal to go through other than just my want.

Also no nausea or reflux last night! WOO! I took an enzyme w/ my dinner and I guess it helped. Maybe even helped w/ early morning poop too b/c I didn't. I woke up feeling a really slight need to go, but it wasn't urgent so I went back to sleep. I did have to go as soon as I got up this morning though, but hey... I still got to sleep instead of laying awake after pooping :P lol

And finally... went to walmart this morning. Fully intended on checking out their scales AND...... I completely forgot as soon as I stepped foot in to the store /facepalm

• volgirl1322
    The water is always a challenge. I do great at work, at least 120 oz per day but at home, I get off the water train---not sure why......so good luck with that! I am down to one diet dr pepper per day and usually I add a zero monster in on the weekends just for extra energy.......

Yay on feeling better!!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Sorry it took me forever to catch up, but it looks like you've really been GOIN THROUGH IT MAN!!! Your poor body doesn't know WHAT'S UP :D:D Glad the nausea is getting better though!!! I'm with @volgirl1322 Donna!!! Zero percent chance I could live without veggies. I couldn't be vegetarian either sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo *shrug* LMAO

Tell me why I never think to just grill up some hamburger patties on my low carbier days? Literally NEVER think about it and every time I read that you made em I swear at myself in my head for forgetting again LMAO
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    I really hope that you are feeling better now <3 I have been doing really bad when it comes to water during my small vacation. But now that I am back at work, I hope I can get in my 2L per day minimum. Hope you will get a new scale soon. I know what you mean about the glass thingy as my digital scale has a glass top too :( Take care <3
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I went back into my notes and when I did low carb I had the keto flu for like 2 months off and on :( I hope yours is gone soon!!!
  • LiLee2018
    I think I'm going to have to give up coffee. At least.... maybe have it once in a blue moon, but that's it.
    My *kitten* isn't happy with coffee right now and I reeeeaaaalllly don't like what coffee is doing to my gut lol.
    It goes right through me and not in a good flushing you out sort of way. Oh... it's still flushing me out but it's coming out the same way it went in.. multiple times and the b-hole isn't happy with that! rofl

I wasn't really craving it this morning. Just wanted to see what would happen since last night's dinner wasn't high fat. I thought MAYBE the high fat in combo with the coffee was causing the problem, but nope.... it's just the coffee.

That's another reason why people do this diet. An extreme elimination diet to help with gut health and figure out what food is causing the problem and well... it looks like coffee is one of my problems.

Boo... I say BOOO! Monster better not betray me like that! lol

Weight according to my crappy scale is still between 183-185.... somewhere in there. We should be going to Target or maybe somewhere else this weekend to get a new scale hopefully.

And yep. Meat eating is going well. I think I had too much processed meat yesterday though. Had hot dogs and then fixed some bacon. That bacon... just BLAH. WAY too salty and I ate too much of it b/c I didn't want it to go to waste. I dunno if it was b/c of that, but I woke up this morning to my fingers extremely swollen. Like so much so that I had to really wiggle my wedding ring to get it off. My fingers didn't even get that swollen when I was cheating for a month.
    It's gone back down since though so not worried about it now. Just have to be careful of processed meats and how much I have in a day.

Dinner last night was air fryer chicken wings w/ a teeny amount of sauce. Have leftovers and will be enjoying those for lunch maybe! Or might save them for the kids for dinner. I dunno.

No headache yesterday and so far so good today too. :)
  • LiLee2018
    Oh I almost forgot.... the not so great adventures of my life! lol

So... I bought beef liver tablets to take b/c... while I don't mind eating liver.. it's not my fav thing in the world and I have to be in a certain mood to eat it, so figured a liver tablet would work.
    Remembered to take one this morning. BUT I took it with hot coffee... as in I could only take a tiny sip of the coffee which wasn't enough to get the tablet down my throat completely.
    I could feel the pill in my throat, but figured it was just a residual feeling and not actually the pill (should say gel cap w/ like a liver dust in it).
    I get distracted b/c I'm potty training my youngest.
    About.. 5? 10? minutes later, I'm sitting in the bathroom with him while he's on the potty and I burp... welp... apparently the gel cap had dissolved completely? Partially? B/c my burp ended up pushing up liver dust up in to my mouth and sinuses. /gag

Want to know what that tastes like? B/c I sure as heck didn't and could've gone my whole life without knowing. Like liver flavor x10 but also with this almost rancid hint to it.

Cue me running to get a drink of something to get the nastiness down and blowing my nose to try to get it out of my sinuses.

YUCK!!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Lol :D I've had that happen to me once too but a different kind of pill, its sooo disgusting!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    LMAO girlllllllllll!!!! You're supposed to take pills with at LEAST 8 ounces of water!!! Those things can burn holes in your esophagus babe! It's REALLY not something you want to mess with!!!

SF energy drinks give me a better caffeine bump than coffee anyway!!! I just drink coffee for the yumminess of it :D
  • volgirl1322
    OMG girl ---so glad you are okay that sounds gross!!!!!
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Oh dear❤️ Thank goodness you are OK❤️ Hope you can get a new scale by this week🤞
  • LiLee2018
    Ok Some TMI incoming.

So we all know that for a lot of folks, asparagus makes your pee smell weird.
    Welp, apparently seafood does it to me as well, but as a woman... well.. I'm sure we've all heard the jokes about fishiness and ahem.... down there.

GROSS.
    We had a lot of seafood last night and WOOO boy it is not pleasant today. About to hop in the shower. Just waiting for coffee to do whatever its going to do (craved some this morning).

I don't eat seafood that often... but I don't remember this happening years ago. Like when I was pregnant with my first, I craved crab (apparently baby had expensive taste! lol)... and I had it a few times while pregnant with her and I don't remember any weird odor coming from me. BUT I do remember that the last time I had crab recently.... same thing happened w/ the smell.

I know that's a lot of gross TMI, but well.. there it is. Suffer with me! rofl ;)

Dinner was good though. We don't eat seafood often b/c it's so expensive and b/c it doesn't really satisfy our big appetites. I mean we get shrimp, but don't cook it every week.
    I fixed salmon, haddock, & shrimp w/ lots of butter and seasoning. Yum yum.

I've taken 2 ox bile so far and haven't noticed anything different. But then again I haven't really eaten a fat heavy meal yet either. That will change tonight though. Bought some pork belly that I'll be baking. May go ahead and put some SF BBQ on them too. So will see if the ox bile helps keep me from getting nauseated and having reflux issues later.

Oh and we bought a new scale from Target. Yay :) Weight yesterday was 186. I dunno... I feel like I'm going down more than what the scale shows. Although the finger I keep my wedding band on (middle on left hand b/c ring finger is too small for it now) hasn't really slimmed down like it was, I think I can see it in my jawline area a bit... as in I can actually see my jawline a bit better lol. I dunno. Maybe just wishful thinking. I should've taken some measurements before I started. Will take some before hopping in the shower and take it weekly maybe.