What do you have for lunch?

Options
Simplensweet34
Simplensweet34 Posts: 1 Member
I usually have some kind of protein packed lunch pack. I buy mine at Walmart in the produce section. They include cheese, fruit, nuts, etc. then some times I make my own and add boiled eggs

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    At work I usually have deli meat, cheese, and some sort of bread or crackers. I save my fruit and veggies for snacks.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    This week I am having PB&J
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Usually leftovers this time of year as we are always making soups and stews.
  • stephaniek511
    stephaniek511 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Today it was leftovers - usually it's some sort of bowl consisting of quinoa, protein (chicken or salmon), and bunches of veggies. I like to throw in something pickled for a bit of tang. Convenient because I can eat it hot or cold depending on my work schedule.
  • BuffaloChixSalad
    BuffaloChixSalad Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Going to make up some fresh green beans oven baked with sweet potatoes and oven roasted tomatoes. Bomb
  • bighoopattitude
    bighoopattitude Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    When I’m working, soup! Always soup. We make homemade soups and they’re delicious. High in salt, though.

When I’m home my go to is bagged salads, toast, baked vegetables.
  • windra06
    windra06 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Mostly leftovers yesterday I had roasted chickpea salad, today I had Sri lankan curry with tofu and tomorrow will be veggie dal
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Lunch: Salad, leftover turkey chili.....snacks this afternoon: Apple, Beef jerky, Popcorn
  • Luv2eatSweets
    Luv2eatSweets Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I had one large spiralized zucchini with a tablespoon of kona pineapple teriyaki marinade. Steamed broccoli, cauliflower and carrot medley.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    Kale salad with farro pineapple cranberries feta cheese and some other veggies, so good!
  • Troutrouter1968
    Troutrouter1968 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Usually grilled chicken breast and some sort of veggie.
  • bluediamond5
    bluediamond5 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Make big pots soup and 1 pot meals - with lots of veg and broth - great for lunch
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    My lunch is similar to just_Tomek.
    Mixed greens, tomatoes, cucumber, steamed or baked chicken breast and top off with hemp seeds or pumpkin seeds. I also bring Soup during winter if I make a big batch for the week.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Homemade cheesy ham & potato chowder, a banana, and red/yellow bell pepper strips with some ranch dip.
  • stephaniek511
    stephaniek511 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Leftover potatoes, sauerkraut, and smoked sausage
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    today I had a large albacore tuna salad sriracha wrap with hard boiled eggs, light mayo, mustard, dill relish and lettuce mixed in....cottage cheese, and a large salad with carrots, cherry tomatoes and strawberry balsamic vinaigrette.
    total calories = 573
    protein = 64
  • babydaisy81
    babydaisy81 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Meal prep is key for me to stay on track at work (we do have a cafeteria here so it's hard to get off track if I come lunchless).

This week it's very simple ground chicken with green beans, divided into 5 portions. I cook on Sunday to last the week. Sometimes I do salad with protein, or boiled eggs with tuna/pickles. Nothing fancy, but easy that I can make once and log the week when I am tracking.