What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• jlhalley7835
    jlhalley7835 Posts: 188 Member
    A coworker shot and killed a wild hog and gave it to me. I threw it in the smoker for 3 hours at 215 on top
    Of some cherry and hickory wood. 🤤 makes some awesome pulled pork Sammiches.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    edited January 2020
    acpgee wrote: »
    Speck is the dutch word for bacon.

We also have bacon and pancetta. They are very different from speck. I would think the word came from Italian or latin originally. Also our speck is dark with very little fat and does not look like bacon at all.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Tonight: sometimes the entire family in't on the same (menu) page. So I made two different chicken thigh recipes: a plain-ish baked (metal pan), and a yogurt-marinated Indian-style baked (white pan). Common sides to both chicken dishes are brown rice, steamed broccoli and our ubiquitous tomato-veg salad. Now we've enough for a couple of days. Unfortunately, the photo doesn't show the bright yellow Indian marinade as well as it should.

lbz1rx9mezg2.jpg
  • epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member
    Tofu broccoli soyakki
  • Boyfriend had a pink salmon filet in a mustard-dill crust, with mashed cauliflower and green beans tossed with a little butter and cracked black pepper and sea salt.

As I don't like salmon or mustard, I had a pasta casserole with ground beef in it, and two small slices (mini-loaf pan) of homemade garlic bread, toasted.
  • jlhalley7835
    jlhalley7835 Posts: 188 Member
    We had Fajitas on Low-Calorie Tortillas, pico de gallo, Light sour cream, and I'm stuffed! This was dinner

dwc2ldrpsdbf.jpg

Steak fajita on mission’s carb balance tortillas has been my Friday night go to meal lately. So good!
  • snowflake954
    Pasta fusilli (spirals) with zucchini and pesto, freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano on top.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Flank steak with roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Pancakes
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Mississippi roast ... with mashed potatoes and green beans and a roll
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,594 Member
    I am doing seafood laksa tonight and a salad of cukes and goma.
  • Womanvsweight
    Womanvsweight Posts: 258 Member
    Keto pork shoulder stir fry
    r6mgfnpixt01.jpeg
    gjxu3czk0km4.jpeg
  • snowflake954
    Risotto made with arborio rice, broth, low cal cream, peas, grated zucchine, EVOO, zaffron, and Parmigiano Reggiano.
  • BuffaloChixSalad
    BuffaloChixSalad Posts: 98 Member
    Keto pork shoulder stir fry
    r6mgfnpixt01.jpeg
    gjxu3czk0km4.jpeg

🤤🤤🤤🤤
  • snowflake954
    edited January 2020
    For lunch, my husband's birthday: spaghetti with telline (a very small clam), EVOO, garlic, red pepper flakes, and white wine. Plus --salad, fruit, and a cake made with chantilly cream and wild strawberries.

For dinner: vegetable barley soup with potatoes, and pinto beans. I made a frittata and then the usual: fruit, bread and desert.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,594 Member
    Party for hubby's work mates. Mostly warmed up deep freeze vegetarian dim sum from the Asian supermarket.
    The only thing I made from scratch was Cambodian street corn done in the air fryer.
    q7qy38ajyipz.jpeg
    6tah1dwgmguj.jpeg
    djn155astuf3.jpeg
    feoc8xcf7bc4.jpeg
    t4r668fd2zca.jpeg

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Jacket Sweet Potato, Mexican style Jackfruit and a big salad.

First try of Jackfruit (very possibly the last!). The least enjoyable meal I’ve eaten in quite some time! 😢
  • BuffaloChixSalad
    BuffaloChixSalad Posts: 98 Member
    Roasted veggies with chicken
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 434 Member
    I made some beef stew ahead of an ice/snow storm that was coming through the area. We ended up not getting much of either (parking lots and side streets were icy in spots, main roads were fine) which was perfect because I'm working nights this weekend!