What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• BuffaloChixSalad
    BuffaloChixSalad Posts: 98 Member
    Not so much one food... been experimenting with asian foods and spices, condiments... been using oysters sauce and mirin and hoisin sauce... obviously soy sauce and all that. Just tried Chinese broccoli for the first time. Pretty good
  • cannedgoo
    cannedgoo Posts: 72 Member
    Various TastyBite premade foods - usually Indian inspired & most (all?) of them vegetarian. I love the madras lentils with some rice. Filling comfort food, not super expensive, can be microwaved in literally a minute.

I also really like runny eggs on any variety of things.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,533 Member
    cannedgoo wrote: »
    Various TastyBite premade foods - usually Indian inspired & most (all?) of them vegetarian. I love the madras lentils with some rice. Filling comfort food, not super expensive, can be microwaved in literally a minute.

Which are your favorites of the Tasty Bites that don't have coconut milk? My favorite is Madras lentils, it's a perfect meal over a potato or sweet potato. Had Indian Spinach Dal today and that's second place.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,533 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Recent obsession - Butter Beans!

Something I’ve never paid much attention to, they used to occur once in a blue moon on my dinner plate as a child. Nice enough, but they’ve barely registered all my adult life. As a vegetarian I eat a lot of beans of all varieties so why has it taken me ALL these years to visit the butter bean!?

A squeeze of honey, dollop of Dijon and some Thyme, pop in the oven to 10 mins.

Drizzle of BBQ sauce, halved cherry tomatoes, roast 10 mins.

Amazing! And the experimenting is set to continue!

If any of you can confirm what they’re called over the Atlantic - Fava or Lima that’d be good!

Lima. Fava (which are delicious) are different. I haven't had lima in ages, maybe I should.

Thank you! That’s the way round I thought it was but it’s one of things I second guess myself about!

Fava (Broad Beans to me) have been one of my staples for years too, love them tossed through Mediterranean Roasted Veg and in Lemony profile dishes etc!

Yep, lima! I bought them over summer, I'd only had frozen lima beans and thought they'd be similar. I made in the Instant pot and they're a delicious big bean! I've actually never had Fava beans.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    cannedgoo wrote: »

If you have access to Trader Joe's, my husband really likes their Indian food pouches. I think the price is more reasonable, too.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    I love this stuff. I air fry a chicken breast , cut it up and mix it in for a complete low calorie and filling meal.
    6w4xzq78dz3l.jpg
  • imabeevampire
    imabeevampire Posts: 166 Member
    Poached eggs and avocado on toast with sweet chilli sauce.
    My absolute fav breakfast meal atm
  • HeidiMSM
    HeidiMSM Posts: 17 Member
    D J & A Shitake Mushroom Crisps, very tasty salted snack and high in fibre, also very expensive.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    HeidiMSM wrote: »
    D J & A Shitake Mushroom Crisps, very tasty salted snack and high in fibre, also very expensive.

Sounds great!
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Steak and Chick Fil a nuggets
  • emailnumber308
    emailnumber308 Posts: 116 Member
    Vegetable tofu dumplings
  • epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member
    Tofu broccoli soyakki
  • justanotherguy2020
    justanotherguy2020 Posts: 223 Member
    Not vegetables 🙄
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    mexican.jpg
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    KinfolkBurn02.jpg
  • BuffaloChixSalad
    BuffaloChixSalad Posts: 98 Member
    Zita2019 wrote: »
    Dried mango

As a snack or do you cook with it? Just curious
  • catherj
    catherj Posts: 17 Member
    Extreme Wellness HFLC tortillas
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Zita2019 wrote: »
    Dried mango

As a snack or do you cook with it? Just curious

I LOVE dried mango... chili lime seasoned as a snack
  • thenewkayla
    thenewkayla Posts: 313 Member
    I love this stuff. I air fry a chicken breast , cut it up and mix it in for a complete low calorie and filling meal.
    6w4xzq78dz3l.jpg

Wow great idea I'll have try that!