Tell me the kitchen gadget you can't live without

luv_lea
luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
I'm looking to buy a new kitchen gadget/kitchen appliance. I'm kind of on the fence between an air fryer, an insta pot, or a new blender/food chopper.

With my goals on eating healthier and losing weight-tell me your go to kitchen gadget that has made life and eating healthier faster and easier?!

Replies

• wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Swing A Way was purchased by some junk manufacturer and despite an explosion of new models, none of them work right. Cheap, but junk. The patent has apparently run out and a US company is making them as the original can opener was made. Twice as expensive, but it actually works.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075X45LCC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,915 Member
    They have an insta pot that is also an airfryer ....or there is an insta pot that has a pressure cooker (this is the one I have and I love it) I too have an airfryer (its okay but not my favorite gadget....
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    Instant pot definitely, I have 2!
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Instapot!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Ninja Foodi... an electric pressure cooker and air fryer in one. Plus other functions. I use it almost every day.

• Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    A slow cooker is a must for me but the best thing EVER is a potato ricer, we have smooth mashed potato/veg all the time now.
  • Mbierschbach
    Mbierschbach Posts: 94 Member
    Mine was a rice cooker, but we recently got an Instant Pot. The Instant Pot can do dual duty but I keep the rice cooker because I literally use it 2-3x week and what am I supposed to do when I want rice WITH an Instant Pot meal? I eat 6 small meals a day so I meal prep 10 servings of brown rice and grilled chicken breast on Sunday. I can't cook rice on the stove to save my life.
  • RJC8082
    RJC8082 Posts: 5 Member
    Mini waffle (for Chaffles) maker for me
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Food scale is the only kitchen gadget I use consistently.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Items used the most besides stove-
    Vitamix
    Pizza stone - used for baking everything!
  • Tennisskater
    Tennisskater Posts: 66 Member
    Cheese grate to grate veggies for slaws-use it every day carrots, broccoli stems,cukes, etc
    Cheap, easy to use and wash :)
  • lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    FAVORITE: my stand mixer; i use it many times a week (and i am not a baker of breads or cakes, etc); i use it for prepping all kinds of foods and recipes (shredding meat, putting together tuna/chicken/egg salads, mixing spices into ground meat, whisking eggs, etc.).
    Next favorites: my handheld blender and air fryer, although i don't use these nearly as much as the stand mixer.
  • EllaLilly
    EllaLilly Posts: 6 Member
    Instant pot.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    i don't have an instant pot- my favorite is my air fryer- just love it
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    I haven't got into using my instant pot much (goal for the new year), and don't have an air fryer, so I'd say a blender/food chopper. I do love the potential of the instant pot, though.

It really depends on what you envision using it for, though.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    edited January 2020
    1. Food Scale
    2. Air Fryer
    3. Meat Thermometer
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    1. Food Scale
    2. Air Fryer
    3. Meat Thermometer

I know the OP had in mind more small appliances, but the meat thermometer was my first thought. My cooking became a zillion times better once I was able to start cooking meat to the point of actual doneness and wasn't letting things go a little longer just to be safe.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,157 Member
    Toaster oven with bake/broil/airfry/toast function. Haven't used my oven and hardly my stove in over a year and a half.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    1. Food scale
    2. Food processor
    3. Meat thermometer
    4. Emulsifier/stick blender