"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    mcemino2 wrote: »
    First day back to the gym after hernia surgery. Starting slow and lighter.

Cardio:rowing machine 5 minutes

Strength:
    bicep curl dumbbell
    bicep curl barbell
    bench press barbell
    incline bench press barbell
    overhead press dumbbell
    bent over row dumbbell

Assessment:weak after sitting on my *kitten* for a month
    Glad you're back! Take time and ease back.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Tuesday! 4 clients this morning and then 4 tonight. Yeah, it was really busy yesterday and I have a couple of new clients. Should be very busy today as well.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (250 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench flyes, machine flyes, cable crossovers, dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and rice for dinner.

• mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    No workout Tuesday, very sore after some strenuous activity at work. Did manage 13,561 steps for the day.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! 4 clients this morning and then 5 tonight! Argh, I'm sore! I've been hitting the weights a bit harder and just like anyone else the extra effort can be felt the next day!

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (250 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, dumbell pullovers. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: I didn't cook yesterday so I ate a Fresco Burrito from Taco Bell.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    No workout Tuesday, very sore after some strenuous activity at work. Did manage 13,561 steps for the day.
    Good! I try to make my minimum steps 13,000 a day. Good thing I'm on my feet all day.

• Sen107
    Sen107 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

First time poster and i'm excited for the group.

Cardio: 0-pulled my calf from basketball yesterday. Got a slight limp. Hoping to do some treadmill tmw

Strength: Back/Bis- Bent over barbell rows, pull ups, machine bent over rows, lat pull downs, chin ups, barbell curl, superset db curl, barbell preacher curl

Assessment: Chicken and veggie stir fry for dinner
  • mcemino2
    Options
    Wednesday done!

Cardio:rowing machine 6 minutes, 15,839 steps for the day

Strength:
    bicep curl dumbbell
    bicep curl barbell
    bench press barbell
    overhead press dumbbell
    bent over row dumbbell

Assessment:chicken and vegetable stir fry
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! 4 clients this morning and 4 tonight! Gonna be rainy the next couple of days so, jogging will be on a treadmill. Boo.

Cardio: walk/jog- 60 minutes (350 calories)

Strength: arms- barbell curl, preacher curl, close grip bench, lying tricep extensions. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Grilled chicken salad last night for dinner.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Sen107 wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

Cardio: 0-pulled my calf from basketball yesterday. Got a slight limp. Hoping to do some treadmill tmw

Strength: Back/Bis- Bent over barbell rows, pull ups, machine bent over rows, lat pull downs, chin ups, barbell curl, superset db curl, barbell preacher curl

Welcome! Question, how many reps and sets are you doing for each exercise? On the calf, just make sure to keep it moving and stretch it out daily. Avoid any jumping till it's healed.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Wednesday done!

Strength:
    bicep curl dumbbell
    bicep curl barbell
    bench press barbell
    overhead press dumbbell
    bent over row dumbbell

Quick question. Is the order you have it in, the order you do it? If so, change it and do all the compound movements first. So all the rows and bench presses first, then biceps. That way you utilize your energy storage better. You're stronger at the beginning of any workout versus the end so use that energy on the larger muscles first.

• Sen107
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

Welcome! Question, how many reps and sets are you doing for each exercise? On the calf, just make sure to keep it moving and stretch it out daily. Avoid any jumping till it's healed.

I do 3 sets of 8-10 reps. Although every set I make sure the weight is heavy enough where the last rep is almost failure so then my second set I may have to drop the weight. Yes i've been stretching frequently and doing hot tub a couple times a day with epsom salt mixed in at times.
  • Sen107
    Options
    Hey!

Cardio: Still managing my calf strain. Going to try to do elliptical later in the day

Strength: Legs- Rehabbing my calf strain from two days ago. Did very light on every exercise. Didn't feel much pain. Free squat, barbell squat (20 lbs on), leg extension, hamstring curl

Assessment: Chicken, veggie and cauliflower rice for dinner
  • mcemino2
    Options
    Wednesday done!

Strength:
    bicep curl dumbbell
    bicep curl barbell
    bench press barbell
    overhead press dumbbell
    bent over row dumbbell

Quick question. Is the order you have it in, the order you do it? If so, change it and do all the compound movements first. So all the rows and bench presses first, then biceps. That way you utilize your energy storage better. You're stronger at the beginning of any workout versus the end so use that energy on the larger muscles first.

Yeah, I normally do the heavier lifts first. Just the way they are listed on my app, so it makes it easier to type it in that way:)
  • mcemino2
    Options
    Butt was dragging Thursday, still getting back to normal after a month off for surgery. Just 11,082 steps for the day, no other workouts.
  • Sen107
    Options
    Butt was dragging Thursday, still getting back to normal after a month off for surgery. Just 11,082 steps for the day, no other workouts.

Killing it with the steps!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF!!! 4 clients this morning then off! Just gotta do yard duty and take lights down outside. Cleaning too since tomorrow all I want to do it try to just veg out and watch FOOTBALL!

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: legs- leg press, front squats, leg extensions, lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts. 4 x12,10,8, 6

Assessment: Panda Express last night. It was a fundraiser for the music program.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I do 3 sets of 8-10 reps. Although every set I make sure the weight is heavy enough where the last rep is almost failure so then my second set I may have to drop the weight. Yes i've been stretching frequently and doing hot tub a couple times a day with epsom salt mixed in at times.
    Okay. Sounds like your program is solid so far.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    :)

• Sen107
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Okay. Sounds like your program is solid so far.

Yes ill adjust in 6 weeks or so!
  • Sen107
    Options
    Hey!

Cardio: Elliptical 15 minutes- Finally managed some cardio. Did it on a low setting to manage my calf strain.

Strength: Chest/Tris- Bench press, db press, superset db flys, cable flys, dips, bb skull crusher, rope pull down, superset rope extension

Assessment: steak with mushrooms and sweet potatoes

Have a good weekend!