Positive things in our lives!

13»

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    My husband had a stent put in his heart Dec. 17 and he is doing very well...he still has severe RA and I know that will never go away but his heart is ok....he has to have a sleep study done in Feb....my grandson has experienced no more episodes of his heart racing so the meds are working....those of you that didn’t know, my 14 yr old grandson had to be rushed to the ER in early Dec. with a pulse of 235 a minute...it couldn’t be slowed down with two injections and the doctors almost had to use paddles on him to reset his heart to a normal rate....he was diagnosed with Wolf Parkinson White Syndrome....but he is doing fine for now....my family is happy and healthy and that makes me happy!...I am going to make 2020 a good year!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    My husband had a stent put in his heart Dec. 17 and he is doing very well...he still has severe RA and I know that will never go away but his heart is ok....he has to have a sleep study done in Feb....my grandson has experienced no more episodes of his heart racing so the meds are working....those of you that didn’t know, my 14 yr old grandson had to be rushed to the ER in early Dec. with a pulse of 235 a minute...it couldn’t be slowed down with two injections and the doctors almost had to use paddles on him to reset his heart to a normal rate....he was diagnosed with Wolf Parkinson White Syndrome....but he is doing fine for now....my family is happy and healthy and that makes me happy!...I am going to make 2020 a good year!

Glad to hear everyone is doing better, hope you have a happy and peaceful New Year!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    30th Dec

> My lovely OH sorted out my bike tyre for me and so I was able to get out for a cycle this evening, only as far as the supermarket, but after a week of lazier days aside from a tiny bit of yoga and 1 row it was nice to be active.

> I reviewed my first week of my binge eating self help program and found that I did pretty well, well enough to move onto the next step :smiley:
  • maiomaio71
    maiomaio71 Posts: 231 Member
    It's NY Eve here. Hope everyone had a good Christmas, and here's to a new year of calorie counting, friendship, support and weightloss. Looking forward to success, new learnings and slow and steady loss.
  • michne16
    michne16 Posts: 538 Member
    Today I made a list of all the things I accomplished in 2019 and the new experiences that I had. It was a pretty long list and made me happy. I also made a list of what I wanted to accomplish in 2020 from a professional, health, fitness, and personal basis. For the longest time I abandoned the concept of setting specific and obtainable goals to motivate and focus my attentions. I did that this past year and it has really helped both in keeping me motivated and in giving me purpose, which I desperately need. If you have not been setting goals, I encourage you to do so, especially if you are struggling. Just make sure they are doable and aren't too rigid and are not difficult to achieve. Here's to a productive 2020!
  • Way cool @michne16
  • astidog99
    astidog99 Posts: 20 Member
    Well this morning I hopped on the scales, and i had hit a new low. not quite what I hoped but a loss is a loss (especially after Christmas!) So a positive end to a trying year. 2020 is going to have several mountains to cross but I will deal with the as they crop up :) Happy New Year everyone!!!!
  • Satisfiedwithbetter
    Satisfiedwithbetter Posts: 970 Member
    So as I put in the doom thread, yesterday the cookies won. Or rather I thought they had when I posted, but I logged them and worked the rest of my day around them. I had them in the morning so I eneded up counting them as breakfast since I wasn't hungry until lunch time. I wouldn't do this all the time, but I am happy that I pulled it out of the fire and didn't allow it to become an all day binge.

Awesomeness!
  • maiomaio71
    Really enjoying being back at home after 3 weeks away. Feel so much more in control, which makes everything so much easier. Have walked every day (only 3 days, but still!) and haven't eaten any meat yet! After 3 weeks of meat at every main meal (other than my one vegetarian curry) it's been great to get back to my own cooking.
    Heading up to see my boys for a day sometime this week so cooking up a storm for them. They are training hard and appreciate not having to cook whenever possible. Bring on 2020!
  • maiomaio71
    Walking late in the evening with the sun at such an angle that it elongates your shadow and makes you look thin!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    With the Corona Virus being the headline news at the moment, I wanted to list a few good things going on in my life right now..

My family is safe and healthy, our daughter is teaching her middle schoolers virtually,we have toilet paper and we have plenty of food to eat....my grandson has not had any more emergencies with his heart, I am losing weight as well as my husband...we have a roof over our heads and a nice car filled with gas....our dog is ecstatic her entire pack of family is home 24/7....I have not stress binged for some time..

These are a few of the positive things in my life...do you have positive things in your lives, too?