Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    ann_1403 wrote: »
    jugar wrote: »
    ann_1403 wrote: »
    Week 1 weigh in 207.2
    Weigh in date Fridays
    Have just started Boogie bounce once a week and Abs Conditioning once a week.
    Rest of week is normal 15-30 minutes of dog walk
    😊

Hi Ann! I just want to be sure your starting weight is correct - I have 197.5. Is that right? Let me know asap. Thanks!

I have just checked - I was 14 stone 12 (208)
    Done weigh in today 14 stone 8 (204)

That makes more sense! Thanks.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,043 Member
    @Terytha I'm intrigued by your VR gizmo - please tell me more :)
  • mbutler2013
    mbutler2013 Posts: 5 Member
    What is this thing I hear about green numbers?
  • jugar
    What is this thing I hear about green numbers?

You are in the Green! In our spreadsheet for weekly weigh-ins, any time someone loses, not matter how little - the number of pounds lost appears in green. If you gain, it is red. If you stay the same it is black. So we try really hard to have green numbers as much as possible, and our January goal is for everyone to be in the green every week for the whole month. That is probably not possible, but we're all going to try, and you have helped with this week for sure!

If you want to look at the spreadsheet, go to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gvpxXurR2XCQbmMtulGIGSqEFmdIBtziu2osohX48GA/edit#gid=1823187897
    At the bottom of your screen you'll see tabs for each of the teams. Over to the right (the next to the last team) is Waistaways. Click on that, and you'll see our whole team -- weigh-ins, step team, etc. It is kind of fun to see who is in the same weight range as you are, who is struggling (send them support and ideas!), who is succeeding (find out what is working and tell them they are amazing!).

You, for example - You are very very close to Onederland! You will get below 200 pounds this month for sure. You have a few teammates who are just about there or have just made it. @micki48, my co-captain, sat at just above 200 for AGES, and now has stayed below for the past couple of months. She worked hard and can give you some great inspiration. @Terytha , one of our motivators, is also just about on the edge there - she might make it under 200 by the end of the month!

We're all trying to have a green January. Everyone should aim to lose 1 pound per week, and those with 10 pounds or less to reach goal should aim for .5 per week. We got this!
  • jugar
    OK so here I am ready to Nag!!!
    nz4ffk81giqy.png

Friday weigh-ins still due:
    @Connie7355
    @Steph1498
    @mrsjar5311
    @robertefortier536

Yes I know it is still Friday, and in some time zones you have many hours to go - but when did that ever stop me from nagging???

And HEADS UP for Saturday! These must be submitted by the end of Saturday (wherever you live) so that they count for Sunday morning tallies. Don't be late!
    @evangsimmons170
    @matthewsfive
    @Micki48
    @lovethyneighbor
    @phyllislee124fp

I think Week 1 is going to be GOOD! I don't think we're going to hit first place, but we're going to be happy. Then we just have to build on it for Week 2 :smile:

**note: if you really cannot weigh in (away on vacation, scale is broken, whatever the reason) just let me know you're still here and I'll give you a week off! Or anything else - just post here and we'll fix it.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,249 Member
    PW 186.4
    CW 183.2

Way to go, Rob. Nice loss!!
  • micki48
    Sw:204
    Cw:202.8
    My week went pretty good. Just trying to get into a groove of meal prepping so I can stick to healthier eating options.

Great job on your loss this week! As @jugar said, you are so close to Onderland, we are here cheering you on to get there this month. And Yes, I teetered on the brink of Onderland for what seemed like forever. Like you, I am at that age where weight does not come off like it used to. It has been slow going for me. But, little by little it is coming off. I would say just keep at it, don't give up, and learn lots of things about yourself and your body along the way.
  • micki48
    edited January 2020
    PW 186.4
    CW 183.2

@jugar Rob checked in. And he's in the GREEN!!!! :) I entered it and marked it "insightful."
  • micki48
    Daily check in: Friday
    Calories: within calorie goal
    Exercise: Nothing yet, but chasing a toddler
    Water: 80 ounces
    Steps:8421 right now. Another day of 14 out of 14 hours with 250+steps

Tomorrow’s goals or opportunities (as they put it):
    Take down the Christmas tree, put decorations away
    Meet step goal and try for 10k again
    Log everything and stay under calories
    Go to the gym

:):):):)
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 968 Member
    Hope everyone made it through the week! I had a pretty good week. It was nice to head back to work and get back on a schedule. I had days I fit in my workouts and others that filled up with life. We are getting lots of snow here in Washington state and the kids are looking forward to sledding in the morning. Hoping to get enough to snowshoe. We saw a cougar around a few days ago so we will definitely be out in groups and with our dogs. Hopefully the big kitty has moved on!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 538 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    If you want me to send you the exercises, let me know.[/quote]
    Yes, please! I know we’ve talked about those as well as using hand weights to rest palms on without having palms flat as a nice interim fix.
    Thanks!

• EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 538 Member
    Steps 1/10/20: 2,826
    As predicted, the 5.5 hrs in the car messed up the walking plan today. It was nice spending some of my daughter’s birthday with her. I was able to bake her a creamy cheesecake and I only ate 1 wee slice. :-)
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    @YinxFed I have an Oculus Rift set up in our office. You put on a headset and are transported to just about anywhere. Google Maps comes free for days when you just wanna feel like you're standing in Paris lol. Unlike the cheap smartphone ones, this is a proper game console with controllers and sensors that detect your height and movements. So, it knows when I duck or jump and the controllers even sense how my fingers move and create virtual hands. I was enthralled a few years back after getting to play a demo at the mall. It's surprisingly realistic how it all feels, and the games are getting progressively better.

Almost 2 years ago Beat Saber was released, a game where you cut blocks with lightsabers to a beat. It was when I could hardly finish a hard level that I realized I was too out of shape to play games, but also I can use games to get in shape. So they are my primary source of cardio now. I also have Box VR, which was actually designed by gym trainers, and now Pistol Whip, which involves some serious contortions and dodging.

It really feels like you're there. I scream every time something "hits" me. Technology amazes me so much every day. I LOVE cool gadgets.
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Sorry I’ve been off track. I’m determined to get back to better habits and this group has helped me stay accountable - I so need to be here.

My Christmas holidays really threw me. With the kids being home from school, my husband off work for two weeks and our new car I have lost all control of myself... I stopped being intentional about my food intake, exercise, alcohol, and sleeping. The indulgences felt good initially but they make my body feel weak and I’m beating myself up about them now. I lost my streak and it’s hard to refocus now. But I’m back and next holiday I will remind myself that taking care of me is important too.

CW: 165.4
    Micki48: Is it too late to be added to the steps challenge for this month? I don’t have big numbers but the accountability helps me.
  • jugar
    Steph1498 wrote: »
    Sorry I’ve been off track. I’m determined to get back to better habits and this group has helped me stay accountable - I so need to be here.

My Christmas holidays really threw me. With the kids being home from school, my husband off work for two weeks and our new car I have lost all control of myself... I stopped being intentional about my food intake, exercise, alcohol, and sleeping. The indulgences felt good initially but they make my body feel weak and I’m beating myself up about them now. I lost my streak and it’s hard to refocus now. But I’m back and next holiday I will remind myself that taking care of me is important too.

CW: 165.4
    Micki48: Is it too late to be added to the steps challenge for this month? I don’t have big numbers but the accountability helps me.

I am so glad to see you back! I get all worried when someone disappears for a while... But your lesson is strong, and your determination will match it. All it takes to re-focus is ONE perfect day. Plan it, pre-log, stick with it no matter what, and you will feel so good that the next one will be much easier. Beating yourself up does no good at all -- just learn and move on. It seems like this is one of those lessons we need to learn repeatedly, but that's ok - you are at the same weight you started December. You'll be fine :heart: We missed you!
  • jugar
    @conleywoods I am so jealous. We have had lovely snow up until today - and now we're in for a couple of days just over freezing with wetness happening in various forms that are not really snow. Meh. And a cougar!!!! Wow! I hope it steers clear, but it is cool anyhow. Happy sledding!

@Terytha - you are seriously making a great case for VR as exercise. It sounds amazing! I'm actually going to try it at the next event where there might be demos. I'll crack all those young things up :flushed:

@evelynladams527 glad your visit with Moni for her birthday went well, in spite of having to spend all those hours in the car. The things we endure for our children, eh? And well done with the cheesecake - every morsel tastes even better when you only have a small bit, right? That's my theory, and I'm sticking to it...

@micki48 - thanks for catching @robertefortier536 's weigh-in! I think it came in while I was writing my nagging message and then I didn't see the refreshed page until later. Good one! Oh - and fantastic job, Robert!

I had a day of indulgence and rest yesterday. I often do that after weighing in on Fridays - I just take it easy, don't worry too much, and if it goes over a bit, it is only that one day. And only if I have maintained or lost a tad. But today, I'm full of planning energy. My vegetable garden for next summer will be planned and everything ordered by the end of the week. My water carbonating set up will have new parts to replace the parts that broke yesterday. My travel plans to Alberta for February will be made. I will get back to my exercise schedule. OK - better get going!!!
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 270 Member
    SW: 218.0
    CW: 212.6
This discussion has been closed.