100kgs to lose help

Hi

Just wanting some advice with weight loss. Its not some a lot!
I am morbidly obese.
I need to lose 100kgs and weigh in over 180kgs, yes I know its my fault and its so embarrassing and hate myself for it.
I am female almost 40.
High BP and Thyroid. Previously had cancer.
I have only recently started for like the 3rd time in a year, I suffer with depression and mental health and have had cancer and I suffer chronic pain and nerve pain and can’t walk far at all.
Need some advice for workout and how to lose weight quickly, I am not coping anymore and enough is enough.
I have my fitness pal installed and logging foods.
I will be seeking advice from GP and Dietician.
How can I lose weight quickly enough and pain free as possible?
as I am chronic pain daily and so I am so much pain I just give up.
And eat and eat and eat because I think why bother? Not the mention I can’t afford the things I need to do this as I am low income. And have four children who depend on me.
I can’t move around much, and I want to enjoy my children and be able to get around and go out again.
I would get WL surery if I could but can’t afford it and tried to get on the public list and was refused and told to go walking. But this is when I just gave up.
I have emailed gyms to see what can be done to help me.
Anyone know any good gyms in Upper Coomera or advice to give?
What are some good snack foods? How many calories a day should I be intaking?
No Hate Please I already hate me enough.

Replies

• jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Enter all your info in myfitnesspal and it will give you your calories for the day, which will be a great starting point! For exercise do what you can. Can u take some tylenol before walking to lessen pain? I would start by walking the block. If u can , do it a couple times a day. If you want to try the gym, the eliptical is low impact. If you have instagram, i highly recommend you give @ fatgirlfedup a look. Read about others who have lost large amounts of weight, they are inspiring and will have great tips! I wish u all the best
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    edited January 2020
    Enter all your info in myfitnesspal and it will give you your calories for the day, which will be a great starting point! For exercise do what you can. Can u take some tylenol before walking to lessen pain? I would start by walking the block. If u can , do it a couple times a day. If you want to try the gym, the eliptical is low impact. If you have instagram, i highly recommend you give @ fatgirlfedup a look. Read about others who have lost large amounts of weight, they are inspiring and will have great tips! I wish u all the best

Good suggestions in general. However, I would not blindly suggest taking Tylenol before exercise. Given the OP's medial history and current condition there is a decent chance she is on some sort of medication that might not mix well with Tylenol.

Check with the doctor first.

• Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    OP, you have been through a lot in your history, now is the time to work on your future.

To make changes you need a powerful why. I read a lot of information from Dan John a well know and respected strength and conditioning coach who is in his early 60's. He talks about people needing a strong "why" to make a change or continue on a path. His why is wanting to be able to dance with his 2 year old granddaughter at her wedding. So if you do the math, he's saying he wants to be dancing in his late 80's, into his 90's.

You mentioned your children several times, they depend on you and you want to be able to play with them. That is your why which is very powerful. To take care of them, you have to take care of yourself first. If you have ever flown, the flight attendant always instructs the passengers to put on their own oxygen mask in the event of an emergency before helping others. You taking control of your heath is putting on the oxygen mask,

Glad you have access to a doctor and a dietitian. Since you are using kilograms I assume you are not in the US. In my area most medical practices have some association with a social worker (ask your doctor) who can help regarding referrals to services for people with low income. I know the YMCA and YWCA offer free or reduced fee memberships for those in need and offer childcare if needed at some locations.

Losing the weight and getting your heath back will not be an overnight thing, after all you didn't get to this point overnight. The journey will be well worth it at the end.

Best of luck.
  • maiomaio71
    maiomaio71 Posts: 231 Member
    You don't need to exercise straight away. Sort out your calories first and make small changes as you go. Don't worry about adding in extra exercise until you have the food/calorie allotment working. You will lose weight through calorie counting alone, and the exercise can come later.
    And be patient. Take it slowly, making small adjustments to your habits. It's going to take time..... it's not a quick fix we're all looking for, but it's a permanent one!