Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,057 Member
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    @PackerFanInGB Thank you so much!! I agree this is our year for health success!!!!
    Prayers for you and your hubby!! <3

Just a side note: This "disagree" tab is new to me. I understand its purpose but nevertheless I do wonder, "Who or why someone disagreed with the previous post?" If I'm not a positive light in this crowd and someone is not happy I'm back, please PM me. I know I'm not perfect but I DO want to be supportive for everyone when I can. I understand there's a bunch of new people so I don't want to upset the thread by returning. :(

Don't you ever think that!! Probably a scrolling issue but nevertheless if someone did have a problem, THEY would be leaving, not you :)
    We've got your back, don't worry xx
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    Friday:
    - Stay in the green 🟢
    - Drink more water and actually log it🔴

I kept my goals basic yesterday and still didn’t hit it. Why is drinking more water so difficult?? 🤷‍♀️

JFT - Saturday:
    -Stay in the green
    - Drink more water and log it
    - Go for a long walk
    - Maybe buy some new sneakers. Mine are falling apart. Needed some new ones for months, but was waiting until after the holidays.

I hope everyone accomplishes their goals this weekend. 💕
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    And we're into another weekend...

Met most of my goals yesterday, including a nice long walk and a relaxing dinner at home. Today is DH's birthday. This year, we've decided to celebrate with my daughter and her boys by going to Lazer Tag and then dinner at a local Mexican restaurant. Should be interesting...

Goals for Friday, January 10, 2020
    • Walk 45+ minutes - √ - 72 minutes around the park
    • Complete food log and maintain a calorie deficit - √
    • Straighten house for the weekend – 50%
    • Pick up weekend groceries and get gas - √
    • Finish preparations for hubby’s birthday weekend - √
    • Quiet dinner in - √ - :)

JFT Goals for Saturday, January 11, 2020
    • Bake banana walnut muffins
    • Finish straightening the house
    • Walk 45+ minutes
    • Lazer tag with the grandkids
    • Husband’s birthday dinner out
    • Complete food log and stay under maintenance calories
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 938 Member

JFT Friday 10th January

Log all food failed with the evening meal, didn't work it out, and then left some anyway as it wasn't nice
    Do back exercises yes
    Finish work ironing yes
    Dog sit yes
    Do some packing little bit, more going out than being packed at the moment

Keeping it simple for the weekend...

JFT Saturday 11th

No snacking
    Do parents shopping and errands (the weather is atrocious!)
    Cook a decent meal, no takeaway
    Keep sorting through papers
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member

JFT 1/10/20

-water goal :smiley:But just barely. Lol.
    -bring lunch/clothes to school :smiley:Brought both but only ate the lunch. I didn't end up going to the gym because I just didn't feel like it tbh.
    -pick 2 orders :disappointed:I kept looking but no orders showed up every time I did. I'm hoping for better results today since it's Saturday.
    -go to gym :disappointed:See above
    - WRITE CHAPTER 20!!! :smiley::smiley:About damn time. Lol. The end of the chapter was a bit of a cop-out but the point of the first draft is to just get it written.
    -empty/fill/run dishwasher :disappointed:Nope. It's such an easy thing now too.
    -eat leftovers for dinner :disappointed:Ate too many cookies, had too much wine and ate tater tots for dinner.

As you can see yesterday was pretty much a bust. Although the bright spot was that I finally got that chapter written. It's my TOM though so all of last night I was in just a cranky miserable mood. That's the first time in a while that my mood was like that during this particular week. I spent about 4 hours bouncing between Amazon and Hoopla(a library app) adding to my To Be Read list. If I ever get to reading/listening to them it will be a miracle. I have a very long to-do list today so I'm hoping that the good mood I have going right now stays the whole day.

Okay, onto some goals!

JFT, 1/11/20

-Water goal
    -Watch vision board video
    -DISHWASHER!!!!
    -Figure out dinner
    -Log all food
    -Aldi trip
    -Pick 3 orders
    -Write Ch 21
    -JFT
    -Walk(it's 65 degrees out in the middle of January! WTH??)
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    edited January 2020
    Hey all, late start for me today so I'll be quick.

Yesterday 1/10:

1. Stay within calorie goal😔
    2. Don't be a pushover😁

JFT 1/11:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Walk dogs
    3. Do workout
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Happy Friday! I hope the weekend is kind to everyone, whether that means a little self-care, a break from stress, or a chance to make progress on personal goals.

I had a pretty good day yesterday, despite getting less done than I should have. First appt. with my new Primary Care doc went well, and I was really happy to see some positive changes in BP and HR, in addition to the lowest 'official" weight I've posted in two decades! The support I found on MFP has really made a difference in helping me stick to my weight-loss and exercise plans. Still waiting on bloodwork for the gym sign-off, but I'm optimistic.

Spent the rest of the day with my daughter, which meant punting on chores. We had a not-so-healthy lunch (although I stayed under calories for the day), walked indoors, and shopped for some exercise clothes. It was lovely! I still have another week of break, so no stress (yet).

Busy weekend ahead with my husband's birthday on Saturday and a visit to my mom's on Sunday. Around that, we'll be taking down the tree and packing up the Christmas decorations. Maybe seeing those go will put me in a more productive mindset.

Goals for Thursday, January 9, 2020
    • Up with alarm -√
    • Physical with new Primary Care Physician - √ - Went really well! :)
    • Clean out the fridge – No
    • Work on syllabus – No
    • Complete food log and maintain a calorie deficit - √

JFT Goals for Friday, January 10, 2020
    • Walk 45+ minutes
    • Complete food log and maintain a calorie deficit
    • Straighten house for the weekend
    • Pick up weekend groceries and get gas
    • Finish preparations for hubby’s birthday weekend
    • Quiet dinner in (if the boys don't come over after school)

Happy Birthday to your hubby. I hope your weekend is a great one.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    For Leslie Sansone workouts, log them as HIIT on MFP and it will sync to Fitbit.

Another New day! Another opportunity to achieve great things, one step at a time.

I am straight into all my group meetings again. Determined to manage my time better.
    The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
    2020 - Jan Discard 5lb Challenge
    Name: Terri
    SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
    GW: 147.1
    03 Jan: 151.8
    04 Jan: 151.4
    05 Jan: 151.2 This is mostly water weight.
    06 Jan: 151.2 - 1.1
    08 Jan: 150.9 - 1.4
    09 Jan: 150.2 - 1.8

WFTY: DEPTH
    Depth Year - Updates
    I definitely have way too much stuff. I need to streamline my existence, resist adding more stuff, and start using what I have already got. I have been working towards doing this for several years with my decluttering. I need to stop the march of consumerism, and putting money into the pockets of other people by buying things I want rather than actually need.
    03 Jan: This is going to be way harder than I thought. Need to work out strategies and guidelines for what I can and cannot purchase.
    1. I have a stack of books which I haven't read. I will read one of those book a month, and not buy any more books this year. I will source any other books I want to read at the library.
    2. 04 Jan: The Illusionists - Rosie Thomas > 5 chapters per week
    3. I have closets full of clothes that no longer fit. I will work my way through them over the next two months, and either alter them to fit, or donate them to charity.
    4. 07 Jan: One bag already full and ready to go to the charity shop
    5. I have a lot of Craft supplies. I will optimise what I have before I buy any new supplies. Sticking to this one will be difficult.
    6. 07 Jan: Depth Year: I have Parchment Craft this morning. I will pick out one of my ongoing projects and work on it to completion. No new projects until I have finished at least 3 ongoing ones.
    Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Live! Love! Learn!; 15 mins Daily Declutter session; keep up to date with chores

JFT Thu 09 Jan
    Daily Goals:
    🌟
    Activities:
    • Prep for flower arranging after lunch🌟
    • 2pm: Flower arranging 🌟
    • The Illusionists - Rosie Thomas: Ch 7
    • fold/store laundry🌟

JFT Fri 10 Jan
    Daily Goals:

Activities:
    • 10am: Latin Study Group
    • Declutter Hobbies Room
    • The Illusionists - Rosie Thomas: Ch 8
    • Chores

@TerriRichardson112 You're inspiring. Thanks for your posts.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,719 Member
    @beachwalker99 - our husbands share a birthday, mine turned 55 today.

@cory17 - wow I have been saying the same thing lately. I literally told my friend Thursday night, “I don’t feel that siting watching tv every night is what you call living life”. I am so torn about all of it. I have no problem going and doing things on my own with friends or my girls, but I really want to do things with my husband. If I go and do something on my own he’s left sitting home alone. Right now I feel like I have a roommate instead of a husband.

Yesterday I again didn’t meet the goal of getting my water in. It’s so cold and I am suffering drinking cold water. I did log all of my food, but it was pretty ugly. I don’t know why I’m struggling so hard get back into my routines and habits but I sure seem to be. It should be easier since hubby is actually taking his health seriously now.

JFT - Saturday Jan 11
    Today I will
    Log all food
    Drink 2l of water
  • shonat11
    shonat11 Posts: 170 Member
    Hi, I've just found this group and the philosophy of Just For Today is something I've been thinking about recently and is the way I want to go. I'm not sure if I need to be approved to join this group or if I can just post directly..... gonna try anyway.
    I've been reading your posts and find them inspiring!
    I'm 51 and have been trying to lose weight for years. I go up and down like the proverbial yoyo but more up than down since having children.
    I don't want to set myself a goal weight for this year but, rather, just take it one day at a time and see what happens.....

Here's what I'm going to try for in 2020
    Do 16:8 regulary & 5:2 when poss or to make up for lapses.
    Exercise more for physical and mental well-being. 
    plan my meals each week
    stop mindless eating.
    To learn how to eat to live, not live to eat. (Saw this on here - love it!!!)
    Watch portion sizes 
    Be happy, healthy, fit. 

And for tomorrow.......
    Exercise in the morning.
    Plan meals andshopping
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,294 Member
    Kuhl50 wrote: »
    Anyone else read the extensive Goal lists we write and become torn between totally impressed and “we expect too much of ourselves!”

Some of you (@cschmitz100515, @pridesabtch, and more) are doing so much in a single day it’s amazing. No wonder we struggle with finding time for ourselves.

Good luck, my hat is off to you, and I think we all deserve a few days on a warm beach just listening to the waves lap the shore...

Lol. My Saturday has consisted of sleeping in and watching basketball. I did clean some, but I haven’t left the house or changed out of my jammies.

• pridesabtch
    edited January 2020
    Discard 5lb challenge
    SW: 1/1/20: 168.2
    GW: 163.2
    CW: 1/6/20: 166.4
    1/7/20: 165.4 (false low from blood donation)
    1/8/20: 164.8
    1/9/20: 164.0 (I'm sure this week is just loss of water weight, but it's still nice to see)
    1/10/20: 164.0
    1/11/20: didn’t weigh

JFT Friday
    - Get to work a little early so I can leave a little early. :smiley:
    - Protein bar for breakfast 😀
    - Catch up on MFP & UA thread :smiley:
    - Register my daughter for a ridiculously expensive summer rowing camp in MI. Great opportunity😄
    - Get paper work started for Sierra's Passport😄
    - Standard grilled chicken salad for lunch😃
    - No snacking at work😁
    - Start laundry when I get home😕
    - Ride for 30 minutes see how it feels😀
    - Do dinner with hubby either in or out, just watch my calories😄
    - Read in Judges😄
    - Prep pot Roast for tomorrow, or freeze the meat.😞
    - Cut myself some slack, I'm doing well and I won't let today get to me.😃

My word for 2020 is CLIMBING:

Climbing out of depression into the life I want to experience. Healthy, fit & fun.
    Climbing on my bike. I will get up the back side of Huck this summer!
    Climbing on that spin back 4-5 days a week until I can get outside.
    Climbing to reach my goals without letting my pride stop me.

JFT Saturday

-chill...
    - prep for Sunday school tomorrow. Bible Study
    - Get bike ready to ride tomorrow assuming the rain holds off.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,022 Member
    Another New day! Another opportunity to achieve great things, one step at a time.
    Sooo glad it’s the weekend!
    The only failure is giving up!
    2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
    2020 - Jan Discard 5lb Challenge
    Name: Terri
    SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
    GW: 147.1
    03 Jan: 151.8
    04 Jan: 151.4
    05 Jan: 151.2 This is mostly water weight.
    06 Jan: 151.2 - 0.9
    08 Jan: 150.9 - 1.1
    09 Jan: 150.2 - 1.9
    10 Jan: 150.2 - 1.9
    11 Jan: 149.6 - 2.5

WFTY: DEPTH
    Depth Year - Updates
    I definitely have way too much stuff. I need to streamline my existence, resist adding more stuff, and start using what I have already got. I have been working towards doing this for several years with my decluttering. I need to stop the march of consumerism, and putting money into the pockets of other people by buying things I want rather than actually need.
    03 Jan: This is going to be way harder than I thought. Need to work out strategies and guidelines for what I can and cannot purchase.
    1. I have a stack of books which I haven't read. I will read one of those book a month, and not buy any more books this year. I will source any other books I want to read at the library.
    2. 04 Jan: The Illusionists - Rosie Thomas > 5 chapters per week
    3. I have closets full of clothes that no longer fit. I will work my way through them over the next two months, and either alter them to fit, or donate them to charity.
    4. 07 Jan: One bag already full and ready to go to the charity shop
    5. I have a lot of Craft supplies. I will optimise what I have before I buy any new supplies. Sticking to this one will be difficult.
    6. 07 Jan: Depth Year: I have Parchment Craft this morning. I will pick out one of my ongoing projects and work on it to completion. No new projects until I have finished at least 3 ongoing ones.
    Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Live! Love! Learn!; 15 mins Daily Declutter session; keep up to date with chores

JFT Sat 11 Jan
    Daily Goals:
    🌟
    Activities:
    • Local shopping🌟
    • Declutter Hobbies Room—>
    • The Illusionists - Rosie Thomas: Ch 12🌟Half way through Ch 7
    • Laundry 🌟
    JFT Sun 12 Jan
    Daily Goals:

Activities:
    • Visit DED and grands
    • The Illusionists - Rosie Thomas: Ch 18
    • Laundry
  • Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    Ok it’s the weekend! Saturday!
    1. Up by 7, 👿finish laundry, 😁put away dishes😕—because I got up late DH got to it first. Washed up remaining dishes instead

2. Out for a 60+ minute walk, 😁 —73 minutes,3.5 miles or finalize hike plans (kids had plans with friends)

3. Make those salads with protein 😁

4. Soup for lunch 💁‍♀️—had salad instead since I plan to finally make the tenderloin for dinner

5. Figure out and make a healthy dinner 😁 —tenderloin and sweet potato recipe from MFP recipe list

6. Track! All! 😁

7. Enter JFT for Sunday and copy to Notes app

8. Finalize clothes for trip and pack🤨 —partially packed, waiting for rest of my clothes to dry

9. Review slides for Monday presentation 👿— on the plane or at the hotel I guess, didn’t get to it today and too busy before I leave

10. Journal and lights out by 1030 🤨—make that 11

Ok for Sunday...busy with visit to both Grandmas before heading out for business trip.
    1. Up at 7, run, 2 reps yoga
    2. Healthy small breakfast, no media
    3. Shower, get ready for brunch
    4. Finish packing suitcase
    5. Put soups in freezer
    6. Leave by 0915
    7. Track all food!
    8. Leave for home 1pm
    9. Doublecheck packing, make sure food and water bottle
    10. Leave check for LUZ
    11. Call Uber for 3:30
    12. Have salad before leaving, pack 2 oranges
    13. Water only on flight
    14. Protein bar & oranges for dinner
    15. Review slides!
  • pridesabtch
    edited January 2020
    Met my Saturday goals of sleeping in and chilling out. Hubby did some laundry, I didn’t complain that he put too many clothes in each load... I cleaned upstairs and tried to decide if I liked the new chair I ordered or if I’m sending it back. I decided I really like it, but it’s too deep to be really comfortable. I think I’ll go to Pier 1 tomorrow and see if they have some pillows see if that will help.
    imgjpgm1s490zny.jpegwy80dwfa6odl.jpeg

Anyway right now it is 4:00am and I’ve been up for about an hour listening to the wind howl. Figured I might as well check in with Sunday’s goals.

JFT Sunday
    - Ride the Peloton
    - Teach Young Adult Sunday school & go to church service.
    - Ride my real bike If the winds die down and it’s nice like it was yesterday, 72degrees in January- freaky
    - Laundry as always
    - Pot roast for lunch & probably dinner
    - Read in Judges,
    - No alcohol
    - Log everything
    - Stay in green
    - Water>soda
    - Bed by 11:00

Have a blessed Sunday y’all!

• SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    SERmom3 wrote: »
    Saturday:
    -Stay in the green 🟢
    - Drink more water and log it 🔴
    - Go for a long walk 🟢
    - Maybe buy some new sneakers.🔴

Happy Sunday! My initial plans for Saturday were changed when my husband woke up and wanted to go for a family hike. Fine by me! I’ll do anything that encourages him to burn some calories. He has a fair amount of weight to lose, but isn’t ready to buckle down and make a plan. So anytime he’s willing to do I’ll gladly come along. That being said, we only did about 2.5 miles together on a pretty easy trail so when we got home, I went for another 3.5 miles around the neighborhood. Part of my motivation was because my JFT specifically said a LONG walk and 2.5 miles wasn’t gonna cut it!

@pridesabtch - funny, when my husband does the laundry he always does huge loads too and it drives me bonkers! I try to bite my tongue on it, but I’m usually the one folding and putting it away and it just takes forever!

JFT Sunday:
    - church x3 (I’ll be singing for 3 masses today)
    - DRINK WATER - I didn’t drink any yesterday.
    - Stay in the green
    - Go for a walk (if the weather allows)
    - Food prep for the week.
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Happy Sunday every one! It’s my work weekend so I’m on day #7 .. looking forward to Tuesday which is my day off. Yesterday went ok. I met my major goals.. no beer, did my workout and stayed in the green. My workout was tough. Trying to figure out if was sleep, mental fatigue, or caloric reduction. Seems like more sleep and fatigue but man It gets in my head when I have to start dialing down the resistance on my bike trainer just to survive a workout. I wanted to stop so many times but proud to have finished I guess.
    Today’s goals
    Increase water intake (I really struggle with this) and this might really be an issue for workout fatigue too
    Stay in green. Packed my lunch today. That always helps
    Group ride on Zwift. Will find a recovery social ride. Don’t have it in me to crush it. Did 1 hr and 40 minutes on trainer yesterday and legs feel it.

Hope every one has great day.