Do you accept that you'll have to log for the rest of your life(or atleast the foreseeable future)?

1234568»

Replies

• oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Who disagreed with me?! 😂😂😂😂 does someone not believe that I lost 115 lbs or that I’ve been maintaining?! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I suspect, but do not know, that you either:
    --have a disagree stalker or
    --the person disagree-ing didn't think that MFP was a wonderful tool, or
    --they didn't think that you should be grateful for MFP's existence, or
    --both of the reasons immediately preceding or
    --all of the first three reasons listed starting from the top!!!
    :lol:
    In my opinion, "Disagree" shouldn't even be an option on this forum.

I disagree! We CAN agree to disagree: echo chambers occasionally get to be boring! Plus, there is little point in piling on and repeating the same thing when a simple disagree will offer the same input.

However I will agree that single disagrees in a sea of agrees would call for some explanation as it is clear that too many other people are not grasping the point being made.

And, it's a little kinder than "woo," I think...
  • jessalittlemore
    jessalittlemore Posts: 65 Member
    I plan to log. I feel like it's worth the minimal effort to do it. Rather, it's just not worth the risk to let it lapse and be part of the statistic of people who gain it all back.
  • thechiopodist
    thechiopodist Posts: 216 Member
    Addictead wrote: »
    I've been thinking about this because I've wondered if I could stop and still be successful and honestly I don't think I can. It's always been count calories to lose weight, slack off and regain 7, 15, 30 pounds. I accept that I'll have days where I won't or cant log, maybe even longer. But if I don't want to regain what I'm holding onto now I HAVE to log enough so my portions and snacking won't creep up like they always do without accountability of logging. It's so easy to think that "one bowl" was the same as it was a year ago except wait, you got a bigger bowl so it's 3 cups of soup not 2! Or your breakfast of one slice of toast has now grown to two because "it won't hurt".

I guess from here I just need to learn how to make long term logging successfully simplistic and ride it out for a very long time, It sure beats having to lose the weight again and again.

I have Learned what I should and shouldnt eat, and what portion sizes to choose. When I stick to that I can maintain, but when I get lazy, or lose motivation I put weight back on.
  • Annie42019
    Annie42019 Posts: 85 Member
    I lost weight after a baby on Weight Watchers in the “ olden days” of paper tracking. It was kind of a pain. Now with MFP tracking is sooooooo easy and takes under 2 min a day. I know I must do it for the foreseeable future. I actually find it fun.
  • fuzzylop_
    fuzzylop_ Posts: 100 Member
    I plan to eventually transition to the default diet/a more intuitive way of eating, since I feel like it's better (for me) psychologically. https://3dmusclejourney.com/default-diet/
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    psychod787 wrote: »
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Who disagreed with me?! 😂😂😂😂 does someone not believe that I lost 115 lbs or that I’ve been maintaining?! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I suspect, but do not know, that you either:
    --have a disagree stalker or
    --the person disagree-ing didn't think that MFP was a wonderful tool, or
    --they didn't think that you should be grateful for MFP's existence, or
    --both of the reasons immediately preceding or
    --all of the first three reasons listed starting from the top!!!
    :lol:
    In my opinion, "Disagree" shouldn't even be an option on this forum.

I disagree! We CAN agree to disagree: echo chambers occasionally get to be boring! Plus, there is little point in piling on and repeating the same thing when a simple disagree will offer the same input.

However I will agree that single disagrees in a sea of agrees would call for some explanation as it is clear that too many other people are not grasping the point being made.

Love the insights!! 😆😆😆😆 Well spoken!!

Its ok, I have my own personal WOO crew as well! ;)

Looks more like the tackle-hug crew to me.

tenor.gif?itemid=10105605

Im just lucky to have some really good friends on here.... ;)

As far as logging. Much thought have I given this...... I "think" I am going to start logging again. Just as a reminder to myself. I mean there might be some days I don't.
  • fuzzylop_ wrote: »
    I plan to eventually transition to the default diet/a more intuitive way of eating, since I feel like it's better (for me) psychologically. https://3dmusclejourney.com/default-diet/

Yes, I listened to this and think it is an appropriate way forward due ne. But for others who say their hunger and satiety cues are poor or non existent then I think tracking long term is probably the answer to successful maintenance
  • centermom71
    centermom71 Posts: 17 Member
    I'm slowly transitioning from my meal replacements to real food. I'm doing this in a medically supervised program that provides lifetime support. They expect that you are monitoring your calories and macros and at this point this seems a little overwhelming to consider. I know lots of people drastically reduce the variability of what they are eating to make tracking easier.
  • Mov3mor3
    Mov3mor3 Posts: 96 Member
    I have been doing this so long I know the calories in just about everything lol