• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,191 Member
    eirm11bdr5hg.png

ltl8nqxtke3k.png

That's just how I feel!
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hello!
    Home from work today. Rotten chest cold. Kind of finally feeling like myself.
    Lana I am glad to hear this is your group. It is mine as well. My hubby is a horrible dieter. He has all kinds of crap in my house and just doesn’t get it. My kids are supportive but not to the level of me expressing all my thoughts and feelings to them. It too would be a strain on them. I do have a walking buddy but honestly am most accountable to this group. May be weird but it is easier to be vulnerable to someone who can’t really see you. Congrats to u on walking again today! One day at a time. U know weight is fickle on salt and hormones. If u are doing what u need it will change.
    Saltine - hello! Nice to see you again!
    Kathryn don’t put pressure on yourself or it won’t be fun. You got this!
    Sara - glad you got your appt. I hope it works out for u
    As for me I think I have 3000 steps today lol. Been vegging out all day. Oh well. Some days it is needed.
    Lynn
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,823 Member

Kathryn - Don't feel behind. Just coast along with us.
    I figure that any pearls of wisdom that are useful from the Beck Book will be a plus for us, but doing the whole thing all at once, thoroughly, may not be realistic for a lot of us.

Lynn - I am so sorry to hear that you have a chest cold! I hope that you can get rid of it soon. Mine hang around for up to 3 weeks.

Sara - those cartoons are hysterical! Thank you so much for posting them~~

Saltine you devil! I often wonder about you - whether you are stuck in a snow drift up in Winnipeg! Stop by more often 😘

Waves to everyone else~~ Dawn and Tracy in Tenn. and the ladies across the pond: AnnLiz and Nikki and Laura; and Missy and Meghan and Runa and Tracey in Edmonton and anyone else who pops by later on.

Lana
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Grandma went for her colonoscopy, yesterday. They found a mass and tried to remove it. They were unable to and want her to see surgeon. She will go on 24th and schedule surgery. They are going to do it laparoscopically and, are hopeful to get it all. They are worried about her kidneys, they are not functioning properly. Really worrying...

My cousin has been pestering me since September and I refuse to speak to her. She put Grandma in the middle of our “dispute” and, I am REALLY not ok with that. I have blocked pretty much all of my family on social media and on my phone. One day, I will tell her what my issue is. But, right now, I only have not nice things to say...

Because I love Christmas so much...I am watching Hallmark Channel as they have Christmas movies, every Friday night, all year long...this makes me very happy...

Great to see Meaghan and Saltine..hope you are able to stop by more..

I am following the Beck book along with everyone. I didn’t download, but I am keeping up with the cards. I don’t sit down at lunch...and, many times, I work during lunch. But, I have always been a slow eater. To the point of being made fun of. And, I know I am incredibly hard on myself. But, try not to let my eating get the best of me.

I agree with Lana...this is my “coach” I am more honest here than anywhere or with anyone else. And, Lynn is right, I am more vulnerable because I know you can’t see me..

Sorry this is so long. Welcome to the new folks..stop by when you can...

• arniedog74
    Sorry, one more thing... I don’t have an actual plan to put in place...but, I am going to try my best to step up my Scentsy business. I am getting so frustrated at work and, I feel my anger taking over and, I’m going to open mouth insert foot..you all know, I am not a “pusher” but, I’m going to start adding my link here, more..if that’s ok with everyone. Definitely do not expect anyone to order. But, I will be happy to help you with your Scentsy needs...if you are in need...Thank you all for your support..if you know anyone in need, please feel free to pass along my info...

https://DawnLeach.Scentsy.us/party/11693321/Transition time
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,321 Member
    edited January 2020
    Dawn, glad your gma had the procedure and they will operate. That procedure so many people put off. You get points from me for keeping your dysfunctional relatives at arms length.

I hope to get my TV put up on a wall soon so I can watch the Christmas dvds - at least for January it works for me.

May have a neighbor who wants to buy my dogs crate, she doesnt use it, it takes up space and hey I can use a little $$. Will let her see it this weekend.

Back to my romance novel....

Wishing all a good night.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited January 2020
    ***SATURDAY***

Good morning all~

Dawn - About Gma, glad that they found out and have surgery scheduled. Sending you hugs and good vibes. I hope that you can find a way to look at your work situation differently (I don't know how) so that it is not so unhealthy for you. Big, big hugs.

Sara - I hope you can have your TV in place soon~~

Waves to everyone else~~

Lana

253.8 today
    255.0 highest
  • LanaCabana537

🔵 Beck Day 7: Arrange Your Environment

Prepare your home and work environments by putting in plain view the wholesome foods allowed by your diet. and by putting tempting foods where you won’t easily see them.
    If you live with other people, ask for their help and tell them you need to have this arrangement maintained.

- Read your Advantages Response Card at least twice
    - Eat slowly, sitting down, noticing every bite
    - Give yourself credit !!
    - Make changes at work
    - Make changes at home
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Did I sleep in? Guess so. Thank you Lana for keeping the Beck Days going. This is about where I stopped last time.

Weekends are right now the only days were I want to keep my routine in place so alarm clock is "on".

Dog skulking over bowl, oops went and got her food. Need animals who can remind me sometimes.

Dawn can you walk off your anger? Or go home and clean something with a fury? All of these burn calories....

Back for a little more zzzz.

Wave to all who follow.
  • brennerjlb
    Good morning!
    Arrange my environment good task for today. Cold and windy. Did get a walk in new snowfall. My chin is cold.
    Dawn - take care of yourself. Sounds like gramma is in good hands.
    Going to go find a place to tuck away my hubbies candy habit so u can’t see it. Maybe go buy some fruit and veggies.
    Have a good one!
    Waves to all!
  • LanaCabana537

Hey Ladies~~

I have a thought regarding the healthy goal assignment of Arranging Your Environment.
    I remembered from past Beck cycles that there is something on Day 16 that may tie in closely with our Day 7,
    so here is a preview:
    Day 16 is called NO CHOICE (and it IS INDEED in all capital letters).

The quotes from Judith Beck on that day are:

"You made a plan, and you'll follow that plan--no ifs, ands, or buts."
    "Following a rule eliminates the struggle over what to eat or not eat."

In the past I have actually taken DH's "bad" food and labelled it NO CHOICE for me.

Also in work, I would put a reminder on my office computer screen that there was NO CHOICE for me regarding what the rest of my colleagues had put out there on the common area "groaning board" to share......

Lana

PS Alejandro has assured me that all of the things on the Cabana Club trays today are healthy fruits and veggies and are "On Program". He is so cute!
  • arniedog74
    I have good and bad days at work. Yes, I know that’s how it is. What I mean is, I can go a week maybe 2 and not let things get to me. Then, the person I struggle most with will do something that just gets to me... I really, really try to let things go. There’s always that one person...and, I’m pretty sure they’ve gotten worse with every job...or, I’ve just got old and grumpy...haha

Sara- I don’t know how to deal with my family, to be honest. I’m just in shock how terrible they turned out. I really want to tell my cousin exactly why I will never talk to any of them, ever again. But, she will run crying to Grandma and, she definitely doesn’t need that. So, one day may be many years from now. But, I’m ok with my decision.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Glad I can get back on here this morning, the site was doing something (usually maintenance).

Today is another relaxing today except in the kitchen, but if I do what I am planning I will have many meals set up fo for the week. I have to do things starting tomorrow so they are waiting in the wings.

Oatmeal is cooking and waiting.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning Sara~~
    You have me thinking - I should hunt around the "cooking healthy" websites and find recipes meant to be made in a 9 x 13 baking dish, make them, and then freeze the sections. There might even be a few egg/breakfast things..... Hmm.....

I really *kittened up* things yesterday. Although I stayed on plan while traveling, I threw everything away once I got home to NYC. As usual, the scale did the tracking for me, and I'm back to square one. With my body, one bad 6-hour time chunk can undo a week's worth of staying on program.

Albert Einstein is widely credited with saying, “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.” That's me, Lana, thinking that I can "get away with" going off program and drinking junky drinks and eating everything in sight.

Lana

255.2 today
    255.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • LanaCabana537

🔵 Beck Day 8 is Create Time and Energy
    This is one of the wordier chapters, so here's my takeaway:

Losing weight takes more than paying attention to what food you eat.
    In order to succeed, it will take time to do these things:
    - Plan your meals
    - Shop for the food you'll need
    - Prepare your meals
    - Sit down and eat your meals slowly
    - Exercise
    - Complete and check off the tasks on your daily to-do lists

So we must accept that we will be needing more time to devote to dieting and carve this time out of our days.

Today's Beck to-do list is
    - Read Advantages Response Card at least twice
    - Read other Response Cards as needed
    - Eat slowly, sitting down and noticing every bite
    - Give myself CREDIT
    - Look at the week ahead and schedule dieting into my calendar
    - Delegate some tasks (if needed) to other family members
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lana check out Skinnytaste.com and search for casseroles.
  • arniedog74
    Snowstorm found us...but, could have been much worse...we were expecting much worse....funny, I got a memory on FB, from January 12th 2019....looks just like today...

Not sure if I should be happy or frustrated at myself...my wonderful DH woke me up for breakfast...made from scratch, biscuits and gravy...yummmm...he was so proud of himself...they weren’t just biscuits...they were layered, flaky biscuits...he worked hard...I was impressed...but, he woke me up so early, I ate and fell back to sleep..I did only eat half a biscuit...so, I guess, could have been worse...
  • brennerjlb
    Hi
    Quick check in. I will read through all of my cards and write down day 8. My brain is too foggy today from this damn cold. I would love to just give up not plan my week and just coast. But thanks to Lanas NO CHOICE I won’t. I will write that down.
    Waves to Dawn and Sara and all others who pop in.
    And I have to - go pack go! :wink:
  • Tilliesmommy1
    logging in my food again after a long time of ignoring it really makes me look at things and wonder if it is worth eating......