January 11 Sign In

Replies

• Fife24
    Fife24 Posts: 117 Member
    Date: January 11
    Exercised?: Yes. A couple of nice walks.
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Exercise yes 240 mins cleaning, 120 min gardening
    Tracking yes Calories yes
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member
    Jan 11

Ex: 84 mins walking in the hills - gorgeous day
    My Ex is Always > 20 mins.💯

Tracked: All, every bite. I always do.💯

Calories: under!!!!

Getting back in the saddle: 4️⃣ day streak with my calories.

Pass Days Remaining: 1
    Pass Day used: Jan 1 (traveling home)
    Jan 7
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    @nodm thanks for the confirmation! I made entries in my spreadsheet, and the %s weren't adding up to 100% except in the test case, so I wasn't sure what I had done wrong.
  • jem302
    jem302 Posts: 301 Member
    Pass day 2/3, no gym and family pizza night 😊
  • nodm
    nodm Posts: 264 Member
    @LesIckaBod, you're welcome! IMHO, It will not add up to 100% because we are comparing apples to oranges and the calorie calculations that we get from MFP are approximate. We are comparing the more accurate calorie (scientific) values of the macros (4/4/9) against the approximated daily calorie values calculated by MFP, so it will not be perfect. The thermic effect of food also adds to the variability. The main thing for me to remember is to know approximately where my macro splits are and not to "sweat" the details. (no pun intended). Good luck!
  • nodm
    @LesIckaBod, also, if you go to the macros and select "week view" it will give you the average split for the week.
  • nodm
    @designerdiscounts, Congrats! It's an awesome feeling to hit goal!
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,301 Member
    January 11
    Exercised?: YES, 30 min brisk walk, steps 7k
    Tracked?: YES
    Calories?: YES (used lots of those exercise calories)
    Water - 80 oz: YES
    AF: YES (8/11 days)
    Passes Used: 1/3
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    nodm wrote: »
    @LesIckaBod, you're welcome! IMHO, It will not add up to 100% because we are comparing apples to oranges and the calorie calculations that we get from MFP are approximate. We are comparing the more accurate calorie (scientific) values of the macros (4/4/9) against the approximated daily calorie values calculated by MFP, so it will not be perfect. The thermic effect of food also adds to the variability. The main thing for me to remember is to know approximately where my macro splits are and not to "sweat" the details. (no pun intended). Good luck!

As someone who has studied nutrition (although I never completed my masters after being injured in a car accident), the 4/4/9 numbers are actually rounded averages. They made it easy to calculate back when calculators and computers were not available. That's one reason you won't get exact macros. Some of the entries in MFP will be calculated based on 4/4/9 and others will be from labs where macros are determined more exactly. It's probably best not to fret about it, though. 😁
  • avalonblues
    avalonblues Posts: 558 Member
    January 11
    Exercised? NO - exhaustion from the final leg of travel set in and I was little more than a couch potato, gorging on basketball games
    Tracked? YES
    Calories? YES
    Passes Used: 2/3
  • nodm
    edited January 2020
    nodm wrote: »

As someone who has studied nutrition (although I never completed my masters after being injured in a car accident), the 4/4/9 numbers are actually rounded averages. They made it easy to calculate back when calculators and computers were not available. That's one reason you won't get exact macros. Some of the entries in MFP will be calculated based on 4/4/9 and others will be from labs where macros are determined more exactly. It's probably best not to fret about it, though. 😁

@bold_rabbit, that’s true. Lots of variability that result due to approximation in the calculations of macros, calories and even energy expenditure. That’s why I don’t sweat the details. It’s better for me to keep it simple so I can do this for life. Thanks for your input. 👍

• ShareASmile
    ShareASmile Posts: 195 Member
    Pass day 2/3 for me! Daughter and boyfriend are in town and we had a wonderful day together! Got my exercise in, but no tracking and definitely not within my calories!
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    @designerdiscounts Congrats on reaching goal weight. You should feel very proud of your achievement.
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    @oldDogBiking Always enjoy reading about your adventures with Buddy. It is obvious that Buddy is a source of such great joy for you and your wife.
  • gmhester74
    gmhester74 Posts: 47 Member
    Yes on all 3 points
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,453 Member
    Managed the gym stayed under and logged
  • JTreasures
    JTreasures Posts: 856 Member
    Yes x 3
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member
    @designerdiscounts