LSU v Clemson

wolverine66
wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
Anyone watching this evening? Having this on a Monday makes it difficult to have, like, a Super Bowl Party type gathering. I may have some chicken wings, but likely will not. I guess I am rooting for LSU, because it would be nice to have a different team than Clemson or Alabama win.

Otherwise, I really have no dog in this race and just want to see a good game.

Replies

• AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    LSU will crush.
  • Hawks717
    Hawks717 Posts: 29 Member
    LSU has this one in the bag
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Personally, I am cheering for a giant sinkhole to open and swallow both teams.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    I'm a huge LSU fan, I hope they crush and (I would say bring home but they are playing at home lol) a perfect year!
  • traumanurse870
    traumanurse870 Posts: 18 Member
    I'm an Auburn fan, SEC football is the GOAT! LSU will be national champions.
    War Damn Eagle!
  • Hawks717
    I'm a huge LSU fan, I hope they crush and (I would say bring home but they are playing at home lol) a perfect year!

They got this! Clemson can't handle Burrows!
  • TheFitHooker
    dshepley7 wrote: »

I for sure ain't scared lol, I just wish I was with a few of my friends in the stands tonight lol.
  • Hawks717

I for sure ain't scared lol, I just wish I was with a few of my friends in the stands tonight lol.

That would be sick! Definitely would be one hell of a party!
  • wolverine66
    War Damn Eagle!

Can someone explain to me the unconditional SEC on SEC support? Like, why would an LSU win be considered a win for all SEC teams? I dislike the other teams in the conference that I root for, so it's hard for me to wrap my brain around.
  • TheFitHooker

Yeah, they keep posting pictures on bourbon street, it looks like a hell-of-a Party!
  • wolverine66
    edited January 2020
    I think Swinney is a better coach than people give him credit for. He bested Saban multiple times including last year with Tua as the QB. I can see LSU crushing, but would not be surprised to see Clemson give them a game. It's not like Trevor Lawrence is some slouch. He would probably be drafted before Burrow - mainly because of his age - if he were allowed to declare this year.
  • Hawks717

Yeah, they keep posting pictures on bourbon street, it looks like a hell-of-a Party!

Damn! Gonna have to make the trip next time around!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    In a complete surprise, The Coastal Carolina Chanticleers will take the field tonight at the same time as LSU and Clemson.

Neither LSU or Clemson will be prepared for a third team on the field and in an amazing upset, Coastal Carolina becomes this year's National Champion!

.... it could happen.
  • TheFitHooker
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    In a complete surprise, The Coastal Carolina Chanticleers will take the field tonight at the same time as LSU and Clemson.

Neither LSU or Clemson will be prepared for a third team on the field and in an amazing upset, Coastal Carolina becomes this year's National Champion!

.... it could happen.

b3dfqnpmtpps.gif
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »

.... it could happen.

This would be the very best possible outcome and I am now #teamchanticleer

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29a201074d71212948f9f2bdc7a2194870c1243268&rid=giphy.gif
  • Mean_Spice
    Mean_Spice Posts: 279 Member
    War Damn Eagle!

Can someone explain to me the unconditional SEC on SEC support? Like, why would an LSU win be considered a win for all SEC teams? I dislike the other teams in the conference that I root for, so it's hard for me to wrap my brain around.

In the SEC, all teams get a share of the bowl game monies, the bowl player versions largest share. Winner winner.
    Oh

WDE, AU alumni.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I'll be watching. No dog in the fight so I'm just hoping for a lot of back and forth and a lot of scoring from both teams.
  • wolverine66
    No wings. No beer. Just a Coke Zero and boneless, skinless chicken tenders with buffalo sauce. :(
  • TheFitHooker
    No wings. No beer. Just a Coke Zero and boneless, skinless chicken tenders with buffalo sauce. :(

I had some grilled wings with a hot wing sauce I conjured up with some corn on the cob, drizzled with some of the wing sauce and some blue cheese crumbles, it was really good.
  • SillyCat1975
    SillyCat1975 Posts: 328 Member
    LSU! We want the SEC to win! :smile: