UK accountability friends - Monday weigh in

Hi, I'm Katie,

My weight has been up and down my whole life but determined to get back to a healthy weight for my two young sons and for my own self esteem. Going to start weighing in here each Monday. Feel free to join me or add me as a mfp friend 😊

Starting weight - 14 stone
Current weight - 13 stone 11.5
Goal weight - 10 stone

Monday 6th Jan 2020 -

Replies

• kx7003
    kx7003 Posts: 102 Member
    Hi @returntofeelinggood add me and we can weigh in here any point before midnight tomorrow. I’ve only be tracking since last Saturday as kept eating all through December and my battery for my scales died. I weighed myself on Friday and discovered all the weight I lost in 2019 had piled back on. I started just over 10 stone but I got down to 9 stone. I’m back up to 138 pounds now 😭 but I might tracking again so hoping to be back to 9 stone by the end of January.

It just shows you that we will need to keep tracking for ever to maintain any weight loss as it’s easy to binge eat it all back on again. I find the only method that helped me lose weight last year is leaving a calorie deficit even if you don’t eat healthy you must leave the deficit.

SW - 138 (Fri)
    CW - 134 (morning of 5 Jan) 🥳🥳🥳
    GW - 126 (by end of Jan)

6 jan weigh in - tbc
  • kx7003 wrote: »
    Hi @returntofeelinggood add me and we can weigh in here any point before midnight tomorrow. I’ve only be tracking since last Saturday as kept eating all through December and my battery for my scales died. I weighed myself on Friday and discovered all the weight I lost in 2019 had piled back on. I started just over 10 stone but I got down to 9 stone. I’m back up to 138 pounds now 😭 but I might tracking again so hoping to be back to 9 stone by the end of January.

It just shows you that we will need to keep tracking for ever to maintain any weight loss as it’s easy to binge eat it all back on again. I find the only method that helped me lose weight last year is leaving a calorie deficit even if you don’t eat healthy you must leave the deficit.

SW - 138 (Fri)
    CW - 134 (morning of 5 Jan) 🥳🥳🥳
    GW - 126 (by end of Jan)

6 jan weigh in - tbc

Hiya, thank you for the add. Yes I was the same! Lost 8lbs before Christmas and put 12lb over the holidays! Thanks for the advise x

• Starting weight - 14 stone
    Current weight - 13 stone 11.5
    Goal weight - 10 stone

Monday 6th Jan 2020 - 13stone 9lbs
  • kx7003
    Sw - 138
    CW - 6.1.20 weigh in - 134
    GW - 126

Well done @returntofeelinggood we are getting there and we need to keep it up for next weeks way in.
    Sw - 138
    CW - 6.1.20 weigh in - 134
    GW - 126

Well done @returntofeelinggood we are getting there and we need to keep it up for next weeks way in.

Well done to you too 👍😊 we can do this!
  • MrKilt
    MrKilt Posts: 36 Member
    I'm in on this, please! Sent you both FR's. Christmas was carnage.
  • emmagordon100
    emmagordon100 Posts: 12 Member
    I'd like in on this too! Started last week.

SW 82kg
    06/01 - 80.3kg
    Goal - 65kg
  • kx7003
    Welcome to both of you 🥳🎉👋

Let’s weigh in on Monday’s as some of us have done and also post any tips for weight loss that work for you here. If anything, please post here for support if u are wanting to binge eat so we can try talk you out of it 😫 or encourage you to stop rather than go full throttle and eat everything in sight. I find I trip myself up by saying il only have a few pieces and il end up finishing the whole packet of the treat and usually then give up and stay eating any treats I can find. I’ve always been like this and so for me the best method is out of sight out of mind so all treats are hidden away from me except ones that don’t have many calories. I don’t want to mention what ones as I don’t want to trigger a craving for anyone 😇
  • LadyTalty
    LadyTalty Posts: 29 Member
    Hi,

I am jumping in on this! Managed to lose weight over Christmas but that's because I was ill so not a recommended way to lose weight :-)

I have a lot to lose-4 stone ideally but thanks to Christmas I am already 6 pounds on the way there!

Is there a way to bookmark this thread or will I have to search for it each Monday?

Thank you lovely people :-) <3
  • Thanks for joining us #LadyTalty. I've got around the same amount to lose as you but definitely didn't lose weight any over Christmas! 😂 Not sure about how to bookmark, sorry x
  • kx7003
    Hi @LadyTalty 👋
    6 pounds!!! That’s amazing the first step is the hardest but you’ve done it regardless of any external factors such as being ill. Remember it was u that lost weight while u were I’ll as u could have easily started comfort snacking when u r were under the weather. That’s what I do - I’ve never been ill and experienced weight loss I usually feel sorry for myself and eat triple so your weight loss must be down to your will power to some extent. You have actually lost just under half a stone 🥳🎉🥳🎉🎉🎊🎊 that is some motivation for the rest of the month.

If you scroll to the top of this page there is a star icon next to the title of the thread. If u click that u will be notified every time something is posted or you can click the star on the community page and a fast link to this thread will appear.

We will be posting next weigh ins on Monday.
  • 2lbs off this week ☺️ hope everyone else has had a good week x

Starting weight - 14 stone 2.5lbs
    Goal weight - 10 stone
    Total loss to date - 9.5lbs

Monday 6th Jan 2020 - 13stone 9lbs
    Monday 13th Jan 2020 - 13 stone 7lbs
  • MrKilt
    Hi!
    6th Jan 2020 - 16st 2lbs
    13th Jan 2020 - 15st 13lbs
    3lbs of lard SHED, NOT LOST! Dont want it back!!!
    I hope everyone else has had a good week too.
  • emmagordon100
    emmagordon100 Posts: 12 Member
    Another 1.1 kg (about 2lbs) off this week :)
    2 weeks in and it's getting easier to do the exercise - I'm even enjoying it and can feel the difference.
    But wow.... its getting hard to stick to the calories.
    I've got a couple of things on this weekend so going to try to really drive the diet Mon-Thurs so I can relax the rules a bit over the weekend.
    Still a long way to go.
  • Well done both 😊 sounds like everyone is doing well. Rubbish day at work today but not going to let it send me off the rails as it normally would!
  • kx7003
    Hi everyone, broke my diet yesterday and comfort ate so not feeling great tbh. Also pulled a muscle so not been exercising for the last few days either 🥺 more or less maintained January weight loss but conscious of getting back on track.

Sw - 138
    6.1.20 weigh in - 134
    CW (13.1.20) - 133
    GW - 126
  • MrKilt
    kx7003 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, broke my diet yesterday and comfort ate so not feeling great tbh. Also pulled a muscle so not been exercising for the last few days either 🥺 more or less maintained January weight loss but conscious of getting back on track.

Sw - 138
    6.1.20 weigh in - 134
    CW (13.1.20) - 133
    GW - 126

Its stilll going the right way

Sw - 138
    6.1.20 weigh in - 134
    CW (13.1.20) - 133
    GW - 126

We all have these little blips. You have recognised it and are getting yourself back on track. Plus you still lost a pound which is great! Stay positive, you are doing brilliantly 😊 hope your muscle is feeling better soon x
  • LadyTalty
    LadyTalty Posts: 29 Member
    4 pounds for me this week is gone!!! Delighted but also proud of myself. I had take away this weekend and just fit it into my calorie allowance like it was nothing.

So happy to see all of you losing to! I reckon now I have lost the initial 10 pounds it will slow down to a managable 1-2 pounds a week but for now I am enjoying it :-)
  • LadyTalty wrote: »
    4 pounds for me this week is gone!!! Delighted but also proud of myself. I had take away this weekend and just fit it into my calorie allowance like it was nothing.

So happy to see all of you losing to! I reckon now I have lost the initial 10 pounds it will slow down to a managable 1-2 pounds a week but for now I am enjoying it :-)

Brilliant! Well done 😊