• its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    weigh in- week 2

Name itscleo
    PW: 158
    CW: 156.8

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,572 Member
    I found this TED Talk inspiring and affirming, and thought I would share!
    How to motivate yourself to change your behavior | Tali Sharot | TEDxCambridge

One key point is that we are better able to learn from good news than bad news. Our ability to learn from good news remains pretty constant throughout life. Our ability to learn from bad news peaks in midlife and then declines, and most people's ability to learn from bad news is lower than our ability to learn from good news throughout life.

All this applies both to managing ourselves and to communicating with others. Instead of using warnings about bad things that could happen in the future, we may be able to communicate better with ourselves and others by focusing on 3 principles that drive our minds and behaviors:
    - Social Incentives - Seeing/hearing what other people are doing is powerful.
    - Immediate Rewards - Knowing in advance you will get to see progress highlighted someplace (like our Habit Tracker) can be a powerful tool!
    - Progress Monitoring - Highlight the progress, not the decline!
    (Hey, a bunch of this sounds like stuff we do here in Fat2Fit! Maybe that's some of why this group is so wonderfully helpful!)

I so see ways to lean into this in my everyday life, with myself and with wanting to support others!
    yjr45hfs9jst.gif
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,010 Member
    inxj769qgjpk.jpeg
    It's time for the Green January Week 1 Report!

Every team was over 60% green - and here's the breakdown (insert fabulous drumroll here):
    Downsizers - 81.8% Green

WaistAways - 79.4% Green

Trimstones - 70.4% Green

Mission Slimpossibles - 65.4% Green

Shrinking Assets - 60.7% Green

Fantastic job, everyone! Let's see if Week 2 can be even greener :smiley:
  • Wishusdonna
    Wishusdonna Posts: 241 Member
    Thank you everyone for your kind comments!

Happy to report another little loss.

Weigh in day Saturday

Previous 153
    Current 152.5

I've been on holiday, hiking in the Black Mountains of Wales. And visiting the bookshops of Hay on Wye and the beautiful cathedral in Hereford.

It's quite a foodie area, so I haven't been as careful as I could have been, but back on it now.

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited January 2020
    🎉 HURRAY, TEAM! As a team, Slimpossibles lost over 36 pounds last week! That is so SO great! Our team is on the leaderboard for both Team Percentage and Team Lbs Lost!

@Sunshineplace - Congratulations on being on the week's leaderboard! Losing over 2% is a great week, indeed! ✔️🥳

THIS IS GOING TO BE ANOTHER GREAT WEEK!

@its_cleo - Cleo, I am so SO sorry to hear you lost a pet, and glad to hear you are taking care of yourself. The loss of a pet can hit so, so hard. 👐👐👐

@Motiv8tedMom - Wow! What a great weigh-in! I am so delighted for you! ✔️👍🏽

@mrmcgrath - A huge hurray for your great day at the gym! Yeah, yeah, your food and water could have been better, but looking at your report, you had fun, you worked out -- overall a really great day! Progress! 😉👍🏽

@raleighgirl09 - Hey there! 👋
    💗 So first off, I love how you slide funny smart comments into your posts, and I LOVE this victory:
    I broke the slink cycle, me slinking into the kitchen for a nibble after dinner!
    🥳 Woohoo for breaking the Slink Cycle! (I am totally stealing this term and using it!)
    Also, you so deserve to be proud of all your great work with eating out! 👍🏽
    As for sending you mojo? Absolutely! Doing that! 👍🏽👍🏽
    💪🏾 You asked about "body weight work." That's a term I have picked up from my 14 year old. It's me doing resistance work at home with just my body weight - so things like push-ups, sit-ups, planks, squats.
    I also loveloveLOVE training with weights at the gym.
    💗 I am right there with you on loving the Habit Tracker. @TeresaW1020 - thank you SO much for making this happen! 🙏🏽✔️

💪🏾 (I just contemplated posting something about the value of strength training -- it's a topic I get super excited about -- but I suspect most people know already.)

@canzone777 - So, first off -- HURRAY for the great weigh-in! Congratulations on being in the green! ✔️🥳
    Hurray for getting back to the gym even once during the first week back at school! And hurray for that food prep work, even if you can short! I have toally had a related experience, when my husband or teenager decides to eat "my" food, and I have to take a breath and remember to happy that they want to (as opposed, say, to going out for a burger)! Your hitting the Reset Button on Saturday with gym and food prep is so inspiring!

@Apple852hk - I am SO sorry you are not feeling well. So many people get sick this time of year. Hurray for the weigh-in! If some of it is water and bounces back, so be it. We are sending you get well wishes! 👐

@davors19 - 🌴 Vacation happens! I hope you had fun and relaxed and enjoyed yourself! You only gained 3, and I'll bet you get some of that off this week, with your plan to reset. So great that you are not letting the number stop you! 👍🏽👍🏽

@TeresaW1020 - 🤩 I wish you could help me come reorganize MY house. And maybe those clean and reorganize vibes headed my way, as I tackled the master bathroom this morning. 🧹 Not sure either of my guys will notice, but I am super happy I got so much done!

@Cornanda - Holding steady is not trivial, so congrats on that! I think I am wired to tend to gain rather than hold steady, so I always think if someone holds steady, they were likely putting some energy into making that happen! 🏆 Focusing on tracking is such a smart move! 👍🏽

@Wishusdonna - Congratulations on your in-the-green weigh-in! ✔️
    📚 ⛪ And enjoy your trip in the Black Mountains! Your talk of bookshops and visiting cathedrals all sounds lovely!
    💗Since you mentioned bookshops and the Black Mountains, I will tell you that I had a little thrill reading that you are there, as one of my favorite ever audio books is set there (great story by Neil Gaiman, with gorgeous music by the FourPlay String Quartet): (Truth Is a Cave in the Black Mountains by Neil Gaiman).
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Checking in....

In keeping with my promise to myself to make time to check in everyday I went to do so last night at 10:35 in the middle of a bar/restaurant. Lol. However, while I could open the MFP app I couldn’t get into the community page for some reason. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Yesterday as tends to happen on the weekend, I went over my extra points total. Same today because we ordered chicken wings and pizza for dinner but I didn’t go crazy which I am proud of myself for. Problem is that they are both very hefty in WW points but I wanted to have them so I did so without going overboard.

This week I will focus on working out to make up for the extra points I ate and drank this weekend. I will do it. I am also pleased with myself that I had a great workout today as I typically don’t find time on the weekend. I promised myself I needed to fit a workout in since I missed my Thursday workout and I followed through.
  • sunshineplace
    edited January 2020
    @its_cleo I’m sorry for your loss. So sad losing a pet. I hope your weigh in goes well and raises your spirits.

@davors19 that will come off in no time!

@raleighgirl09 sounds like you had a bump in the road. I think you hit the nail on the head...don’t obsess about. Learn from it and move on is my advice. We’ve all been there and will be again or we wouldn’t be here. And good to see in your next post that you are paying attention to your wins. I think that is important. Better thing to focus on.

@canzone777 good for you hitting the reset button and recovering so beautifully. You could have just thrown in the towel but you didn’t. I’m inspired.

@austinruadhain my girlfriend and I were just talking about TED talks this evening. She was encouraging me to watch because she knows how I have been struggling this past year and she herself will soon be on that stage doing her own TED talk! Also, thank you! I love being on the leaderboard!!! It feels fabulous.

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,533 Member
    Great losses everyone! Can one, congratulations on being on the leaderboard!

Sunday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- dance/cleaning, stretch video, strength exercises
    Water- over

I think I told you I made a week bullet journal for exercise and hit all the boxes despite being in a lot of pain today. I didn't sleep last night and had a busy day, I have more pain issues without sleep and was going to skip my workouts but really wanted all my boxes checked! I kept telling myself to come on MFP with my laptop and couldn't remember why, it is for habit tracker, I'm way behind!

5 habits
    1. 30 minutes cardio a day- done
    2. 2 FitOn workouts this week- done
    3. Get back to gym- going tomorrow
    4. Do core strength and back stretches daily
    5. Make a new recipe once a week- SIL and I made butternut squash soup. I did a lb of garbanzo beans this morning for 2 recipes (soup and curry) but ate butternut squash soup instead.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Hope everyone had a great weekend. I worked all weekend so now I'm entering my 'short week' for work. My goal is to not slack like I normally do these weeks.

Great Job on the Week #1 stats team!!
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Week 1 for me - Monday weigh in January13
    Rachelleahsmom
    Previous weight 145
    Today's weight 143

I'm happy-ish but I have gained and lost these same 2 pounds about 20 times.

Have a great week everyone!
  • wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    Magnificent Monday to everyone,
    Username: wrknonmedaily
    Week 2
    Monday
    PW 236.3
    TW 235
  • nbbaby
    nbbaby Posts: 202 Member
    nbbaby
    Week 2
    Monday
    PW: 214.5
    CW: 219.7

So you know I went off keto and took a week off of watching what I was eating... not a great idea lol between that and the water retention. Terrible week. But I'm trying something knew, healthy eating and smaller portions. Well see how it goes.
  • Wishusdonna
    Wishusdonna Posts: 241 Member
    Just checking in!

I have adjusted my hydration target from. 14 to 10. And had 11 today! Yay!

Stayed within target on my food points. A struggle because I have been so flagrant on holiday.

Today I have made oat milk for my husband. I am trying to help his IBS by limiting fodmaps. And finding a fat free low lactose yoghurt without palm oil. Agh!
    @AustinRuadhain I love Neil Gaiman too!

Steps 10505 yesterday. Clearing 12k today!
  • canzone777
    canzone777 Posts: 13 Member
    Another Monday on the books. Feeling much better than last week! Getting my teacher stamina back! 😝
    Also, I have found a new workout group among my colleagues. I have recently have gotten into KickFit, and was talking about a class I had been to and got a few other teachers excited about trying it. So, we got our first sweat session on the books today. So nice to have a group to inspire you to keep going! (Also a great way to release any frustration that may have built up over the course of the work day 😉.) Meeting again on Wednesday, and I’m looking forward to it!
  • wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    Monday check-in
    Calories under
    Excrise none...still time but I don't think so.
    Water over
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,004 Member
    I tracked my food today and tomorrow I'm going to start the habit tracker!
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Hey all just a daily check in. I'm on track with cals but struggling with my exercise goals this week. I think bc I feel like crap emotionally. Also I'm avoiding, bc movement/exercise would help me get in touch with my feelings.

Anyway trying to get back on track tomorrow:

some mobility work, biceps, and stair circuit hopefully.

Even if I don't feel like it and I want to be miserable I can still be miserable and move! :)
  • sunshineplace
    Checking in for Monday...

Awesome day!
    WW points stayed within today (although I was in the hole 50 points!!!!!! from the weekend and I am digging myself out of that!)
    Water great. 100+ oz
    Exercise - over 17,000 steps (had to take it off to charge it) including 1 hr 20 minute cardio workout.
    Goal for tomorrow, stay within my points and keep moving to earn those activity points to dig myself out of the point deficit from the weekend. I know this isn’t the way you are supposed to do it but it worked for me in the past so hopefully it will again.

My 5 habits
    1. Tracking ✅
    2. No artificial sweeteners ✅
    3. Exercise 4 times a week ✅
    4. Minimum 80 oz of water a day ✅
    5. Make time to check in MFP each day ✅

• Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 689 Member
    Jactop
    Week 2
    Monday
    PW: 208