sharing recipes?

sironamht
sironamht Posts: 1 Member
hi there, me and my partner are both using the app, is there a way for me to share the recipes i create with him, we have added each other as friends. just to save one of us having to manually add in each ingredient.

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    give him access to your diary (either by making it public, or making it open to friends and making friends with him), then he can copy the recipe from a meal in your diary after you've logged it. (If he doesn't eat the same amount as you, he can edit the entry in his diary after copying from your diary to change the number of servings he had.)
  • JessLaree3
    JessLaree3 Posts: 1 Member
    I am wondering too, if we can see another users’ recipes. Is sharing after you log it the only way?
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    JessLaree3 wrote: »
    I am wondering too, if we can see another users’ recipes. Is sharing after you log it the only way?

The only way I know of, and I've been here six and a half years.

OK. This occurs to me, but it seems like a lot more work. You could post your recipe on a blog, then let your friend/partner/total stranger you only know on MFP import the recipe to MFP from the blog post, and then probably have to correct half the ingredients that MFP has misidentified.
  • cyncmt
    cyncmt Posts: 17 Member
    You can add me and use some of my recipes
  • Cidorov
    Cidorov Posts: 2 Member
    Your friend/partner can access your diary if you give them permission. After, they can copy the logged meal to their diary. I'm pretty sure, although millions of people could benefit from sharing recipes and have asked, MFP doesn't want the huge headache and traffic involved in allowing it. So, this is limiting workaround. It works.
  • dpater12
    dpater12 Posts: 1 Member
    But when you add a recipe it asks you if you want to make it accessible to the public making it seem like someone that is not your friend can access it too... I am trying to find this ability too