The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• CaliValleyGirl
    CaliValleyGirl Posts: 744 Member
    Work tonight will be crazy. We're gearing up for peak season and I'm trying to get my employees to stay on top of things.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,186 Member
    edited January 2020
    @ Jenn - It happens more than you think. Don’t beat yourself up too much.
  • sufferlandrian
    @CaliValleyGirl - peak season. I thought you worked dispatch. I didn’t realize there was a peak season.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    @sufferlandrian - I emailed the prof and he's letting me just hop over to the online version of the same class for the semester, so no harm no foul. Just some good old fashioned embarrassment at my own stupidity, Lol.
  • CaliValleyGirl
    @CaliValleyGirl - peak season. I thought you worked dispatch. I didn’t realize there was a peak season.

Lead Tax Examiner, IRS
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member

Lead Tax Examiner, IRS

Whew, I bet that does get intense this time of year!
  • CaliValleyGirl

Lead Tax Examiner, IRS

Whew, I bet that does get intense this time of year!

In my department especially.
  • sufferlandrian
    Yes, that would make this peak season :smile: Good luck with that. We are in a lull right now and will be until April. It's nice to have a breather but the cashflow gets really tight.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Work tonight will be crazy. We're gearing up for peak season and I'm trying to get my employees to stay on top of things.

Gah, I couldn't do it
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    It was 72F, humid, and now we have a line of severe weather moving thru...it is January still, right??
  • Lorelei19
    Lorelei19 Posts: 107 Member
    Hello hello. Just wanted to drop by and say a hello to my fellow night owls. Hopefully tonight goes as quickly for you as I want it to go for me. ^_^
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Hey all! On day shift since I got back, geez, it's hard to not stay up til 3 or 4 am after 5 years of that, now that I have to get up at 6:30 to get to the store on time. The two guards who were scheduled to take over at 1pm were still snowed in so I got to work a straight 9 hours on my feet - NO sitting down. I hope they can make it in tomorrow, or I think I will die. In a week and a half I will be taking the Motion Picture Industry Orientation class - can't work on film sets/TV sets without it. Our company is going for contracts for equipment & site protection on productions done locally ('Hollywood North' lol.) I'm feeling kinda excited!

In other news.... we had another major snowfall Sat night and Sunday all day and the temps fell from -2C to -30C in one afternoon. Arctic outflow hitting us now, then my SIL in Virginia phones and she's sitting on her back porch in 72F weather (!) Whacked out on both ends of the continent.
    This is the fir tree in my yard with our picnic table under it:
    4eu5mbzc9zd6.jpg
    yn3mr539ctug.jpg

• BoundlessBow
    BoundlessBow Posts: 21 Member
    Doing my first overnight shift in a long time and I'm struggling real hard to stay awake lol
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Beautiful pix. I live in snow country, snows for 9 months but you can see snow every month of the year. It's 5° F. There's a deer outside my window digging through the snow looking for something to eat and a hoot owl hooting in the tree. Every thing is hungry and bent on survival.

@canadjineh Don't work too hard, best wishes on your test.

• canadjineh
    edited January 2020
    WAKE UP, @BoundlessBow! :D And welcome to the night shifters - dark side.
    nk835dmtzvbv.png

• canadjineh
    @Diatonic12, the deer tend to like the lovely bare spot under our fir to hang out very early in the morning, then head toward the 'back 40' to browse on shrubbery/small trees.
  • BoundlessBow
    canadjineh wrote: »
    WAKE UP, @BoundlessBow! :D And welcome to the night shifters - dark side.
    nk835dmtzvbv.png

Just have to survive till 8am 😴😴
  • canadjineh
    edited January 2020
    @BoundlessBow, what's your line of work?
    @Lorelei19, how 'bout you?
  • BoundlessBow
    canadjineh wrote: »
    @BoundlessBow, what's your line of work?
    @Lorelei19, how 'bout you?

I'm an RN unit manager in long term care. I was covering our 11p to 7a supervision shift. 🙃