Summer here I come! #intermittentfasting

Hi everyone! I haven’t used this app in quite some time. I started a graduate program during the fall and have officially fallen off the wagon. I’m going back to counting my calories/intake, and most importantly- intermittent fasting. 💪🏼 currently at 184.2 lbs/83.7 kg. My goal is to get down to 165 lbs/75 kg. What are you guys doing?

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    isay808 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I haven’t used this app in quite some time. I started a graduate program during the fall and have officially fallen off the wagon. I’m going back to counting my calories/intake, and most importantly- intermittent fasting. 💪🏼 currently at 184.2 lbs/83.7 kg. My goal is to get down to 165 lbs/75 kg. What are you guys doing?

The most important part is keeping your intake at a level that maintains a calorie deficit. Intermittent fasting is good if it helps you sustain the deficit. If not, it is unimportant.

I am counting calories and maintaining a deficit. I do skip breakfast but I do not call it IF because I have done it for over 20 years well before IF was coined. I should also mention that most of that time I was gaining weight so calorie control really is the most important part.

• Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    stgbzm1no56s.jpg
  • isay808
    isay808 Posts: 52 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    isay808 wrote: »

The most important part is keeping your intake at a level that maintains a calorie deficit. Intermittent fasting is good if it helps you sustain the deficit. If not, it is unimportant.

I am counting calories and maintaining a deficit. I do skip breakfast but I do not call it IF because I have done it for over 20 years well before IF was coined. I should also mention that most of that time I was gaining weight so calorie control really is the most important part.

Thank you for the helpful tips, I’m eating twice a day with a healthy snack in between. I’m feeling great! I’ll post results as the weeks go by 💪🏼
  • isay808
    isay808 Posts: 52 Member
    stgbzm1no56s.jpg
    So true!! Im doing about 300 less calories per day. The diet is where it’s at. 💪🏼