When I get to heaven, I hope there's...

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    I hope there's no such thing as rebound weight gain with friends. I hope you can eat whatever you want with no consequences whatsoever. I hope there's an endless buffet table filled with dark chocolate covered cherries, gummy bears, licorice, pecan pies and espresso at one end...on the other end there will be all of the savory dishes. Potato chips and dips, lasagna and endless bowls of spaghetti and bread, bread, bread. Beds of bread. I luv bread y'all. I want to float around on a cloud of endless bread. A flying submarine sandwich.
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,348 Member
    an emergency exit
  • cyaneverfat
    cyaneverfat Posts: 527 Member
    Flying
  • mworeilly
    mworeilly Posts: 260 Member
    Pizza
  • bigjuicy1234
    bigjuicy1234 Posts: 22,577 Member
    Not lightening because I'm sure I will be struck for just being there
  • phoenixrising5721
    phoenixrising5721 Posts: 2,252 Member
    Paczkis
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,348 Member
    an escape room
  • cyaneverfat
    Pickles and lots of salt and vinegar things
  • renydo2
    renydo2 Posts: 2,152 Member
    a nice golf course
  • Diatonic12
    After hiking around Scotland and Ireland, I've always thought these places are heaven on earth.

isle-skye-scotland-ceu-1024x679.jpg
  • Diatonic12
    I want to talk to Jim Morrison, Gregg Allman, Tom Petty and Sitting Bull. Then I'd like to ask George Washington some questions and thank my old folkaronies for making it through the roughest bunch of circumstances I could ever imagine. After that, I'm going to mill around and shoot the breeze with everyone I possibly can and swill espressos like there's no tomorrow.
  • Sixxmotley
    Sixxmotley Posts: 58 Member
    oysters, bourbon, good music, great fashion, the best cocktail party ever
  • jacktherower
    jacktherower Posts: 292 Member
    Thicc blonde ladies
  • cyaneverfat
    Prawn cocktail crisps, prawn sandwiches, jaffa cakes, wispa bars

Fairs and galas

Barn yard dances

Cowboy boots

Fairylights in trees
  • cyaneverfat
    kvwber6cr6bs.png
    drcvz8qa0a7q.jpg
    7j8j0uj6tdi9.jpg
    5fxp530kttcx.jpg
    nfybqswu9pgf.jpg
    v5qi9wgcr609.jpg
    siasynepv6yp.jpeg

• cyaneverfat
    Robin Williams, people from other dimensions, aliens, flowers as big as people (or bigger), Willy Wonkas chocolate factory
  • cyaneverfat
    "My personal speculations: in heaven, our memories are restored. So many good times we can only vaguely remember, in heaven we will remember them, and the memory of them will have the same vividness as the original occurence.

In this life, our joy is private. I can see my children smile, but I cannot feel their happiness, only see the outer signs of it. In heaven, I will feel their happiness as my own, and they will feel mine as their own.

In this life, I can only see the world through my own eyes. In heaven, I will know how it appears through the eyes of others.

I wonder about the childhood of my parents, my grandparents, all those things that happened before I was even born. In heaven, all this will be displayed to us clearly. I can only remember the names of half of my great grandparents, and none of my great-great-grandparents. In heaven, I will meet them and know them well, and I will learn all there is to know about every generation of my ancestors, and all their descendants.

In heaven, we will watch history unfold, with all its joys (and its sorrows will not perturb us, for we will see clearly what joys those sorrows make possible), until the very end.

Is this the only universe God has made? Maybe, he has made other universes also, in which things turned out differently. We will learn whether he has, and if he has, we will learn all there is to know about them also. I think of all the children who have died, who never had the chance to grow up and live their life – would any of them ask of God, "Could you make a universe in which I did not die, and show it to me?" What would God reply? If he can do it, and it would be good to do, then he will do it.

I think in the end, I will have learnt so much, I will no longer be myself. I don't think heaven goes on forever, although I do think it is very lengthy (far lengthier than earthly life). I think our individualities are inherently finite, and eventually we will lose the ability to distinguish ourselves from one another, or from God. I think our conscious awareness has no end, but in the end our individual consciousnesses merge with each other, and are absorbed into the divine consciousness.

And then, when only God remains, what next? Then I think God will create the universe(s) again, not in a new creation, but in the very same creation which he already has. God becomes all so that all becomes God, then God becomes all again, not in a new and different becoming, but in the very same becoming he already has."

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Christianity/comments/b532gp/what_is_heaven_like/
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,841 Member
    Cheese 🧀
  • cyaneverfat
    Cosplay and dress-ups
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Kids... And they don't have to behave, but they can't be spoiled or heaven forbid, coddled...