Introduce yourself here

nisijam5
nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
Hi, my name is Kim and I have run many of these contests. I'm married and have 4 kids that are kind of grown and gone now. I've been away for a while I was trying to get my life reorganized. In doing so, I've become kind of lazy and have gotten fatter. This contest keeps me accountable because I don't want to be eliminated.

Replies

• katelynntavano
    katelynntavano Posts: 22 Member
    Hello! I'm Kate and have never done anything like this! I'm very motivated to finally get back to healthy now that life is slowing down a bit! It's time the scale stops starting with a 2 (even if it's only a few pounds)
  • nisijam5
    Welcome Kate - This contest is very motivating. I am still working on getting it organized so make sure you get all your healthy groceries and get ready for the challenge to begin.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Hello everyone. I'm a wife, mother of six (all grown), grandmother of three (seven if you included granddogs and grandcats). I work full time as a financial analyst and am working on my masters degree.

I compete in the Scottish Highland Games and am ramping up my training for the upcoming season. To get ready, I lift heavy in the gym, do yoga for mobility and throw a lot of heavy things around. I packed on some extra weight over the winter which slows me down on the field, so here I am.
  • nisijam5
    Hello everyone. I'm a wife, mother of six (all grown), grandmother of three (seven if you included granddogs and grandcats). I work full time as a financial analyst and am working on my masters degree.

I compete in the Scottish Highland Games and am ramping up my training for the upcoming season. To get ready, I lift heavy in the gym, do yoga for mobility and throw a lot of heavy things around. I packed on some extra weight over the winter which slows me down on the field, so here I am.

Welcome to the challenge!! I am busy setting up the nutrition and fitness challenge to begin next week. So interesting about the games!!
  • vacamama
    vacamama Posts: 228 Member
    Hi everyone! I am Tavia, and I am a Kim contest veteran. I have gained and lost a lot of weight, but current am sitting near my highest ever, so back to exercise and eating right!
    I am a wife and mother of 2 kiddos (6 & 2.5 years old) and 1 Rottweiler (6.5 years old). I am an RMT (registered massage therapist), so my job is very physical.
    My goals for this competition are simple, lose as much weight as I can. I have an ultimate goal of half my body weight lost before February 2021, so I really need get on it.
    Currently I am working on introducing Intermittent Fasting into my diet plan, and it hasn’t been to bad. My next goal is to focus the foods I do eat away from heavy simple carbs and more proteins, fruits and vegetables. I won’t do keto, but I will try to eat clean.
    I’m excited to get this going and focus!
  • Aquarian
    Aquarian Posts: 1,094 Member
    Hi everyone! I am a 34 year old mom of one boy. I am about 5kgs (11 pounds) away from my goal weight. But I want to change my body fat percentage so it would be around 24 percent by the time I reach my goal weight.

I have recently started running a bit and I am liking the challenge so far.

I hope this challenge will keep me motivated and focused to shed my final few kgs and reach my ideal weight asap !
  • nisijam5
    Welcome to the group. I will be working on trying to get some more people to join. I like to start with about 20 - so, ask your friends!!
  • shamrock14
    shamrock14 Posts: 48 Member
    Hi! I'm Shannon. Ive been in many of Kim's challenges. They are fun and challenging. I lost 20 pounds throughout last year. I did gain 10 back in December but am on my way to losing those again. Ultimately I'd like to lose 30 pounds. I make it to the gym when I can and want to do more hiking, and I bought a stationary bike so I'll do that when it gets here.

I live in Michigan. I'm a widowed mom of twin 12 year old identical girls. I do have a boyfriend so I try you see him in my spare time, which is not that plentiful. I work full time then play chauffer a lot after that. So my life is busy, but I need to focus on me so that's my current goal.

Excited to get started!!
  • SavannahS2016
    SavannahS2016 Posts: 350 Member
    Hi all I'm Savannah 28. I have 6.5yr old son and a 2yr old daughter. We live in Wales and as a stay at home mum I have lost myself and a purpose beyond motherhood. This is the heaviest I've ever been ultimately I'd like to lose 80lbs. I'm going to try and stay away from carbs as I've found this is the best way for me to lose weight. I have done one one of these biggest loser contests before and it was amazing at keeping me motivated and focused.
  • elisamadigan
    elisamadigan Posts: 30 Member
    Hello, I'm Elisa from Texas. I am looking to lose 20 pounds this year and this seems like a fun way to stay motivated. Thanks for creating the group, Kim! I am 53, married with one child still at home and the rest grown. I am a Spanish teacher but took the rest of the school year off to focus on family. The pounds have started to add up so time to turn the tide. :)
  • nisijam5
    Welcome to the group. Elisa, I am 53 and have one left at home as well. In June, he will join the Navy. That will be 3 of my 4 kids to have moved out of state. It's crazy!!
  • nisijam5
    Looks like we have about 7 to 8 people now. I would really like to start with 16 so please post on your wall and drum up some business!!
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Hi all! I’m Kim. I’ve been in a bunch of these challenges with Kim over the years. I have gone the opposite direction the last year or so and am gaining weight I had once lost. I sprained my ankle in May then ended up with a stress fracture in that foot so that led to even more excuse to sit on my *kitten* and drink wine. Gotta get healthy and stronger! I live just outside of Philadelphia with my husband who also wants to get back to healthy habits so hopefully we can motivate each other.
  • nisijam5
    Hi Kiki, I am so happy you joined because you are always so FUN!!
  • nisijam5
    Hi Erin - so glad that we are going to be back again!! See if you can help me drum up some business.
  • chunkysloth
    chunkysloth Posts: 28 Member
    Hi everyone,

I have finally finished my schooling to become a CPA. I've put my health on the back burner for too long.

I have always been overweight. However, years ago I had a back injury that resulted in a large weight gain that I have not been able to overcome. Before that I had been a constant yoyo'er. Kim's challenges have been successful for me as I do have a competitive fire beneath all these layers of fat.

36 year old, farther of two, husband, sports fanatic. My current sport of choice is squash.

I'm looking forward to teams to be picked.
  • moonflower1961
    moonflower1961 Posts: 35 Member
    Hello everyone.

This is the kind of challenge I enjoy. I am very competitive and this helps to follow closely to what I eat. I will want to exercise more also.

I enjoy nature and I am very artistic. Love photography and have been working on a novel.

I have lower back pain and been doing yoga and that helps. I have never lost my baby fat and my youngest is 31. Mother told me, I was born with a flabby tummy. My weight is putting a lot of pain on my knees. Need to better my health.

Look forward to this challenge. DeAnna
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,228 Member
    *waves* my name is Janice! I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. 51, mariied, 4 kids and a small zoo!! Crazy cold here...BRRRRR. LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS!!!
  • nikkibrianne64
    nikkibrianne64 Posts: 89 Member
    Hello!!! My name's Nikki. 28yo from IL. I have 4 kids(13,10,9,3) I work a desk job and work from home. I'm really motivated to get to 130 before turning 29 in June. May the biggest loser win!!!