Diet advice please!

I’ve been eating veggies and very rarely lean meats. I’ve cut calories to 1500 a day and haven’t had many carbs either. I’ve been eating this way for 2 weeks and I’ve gained 3 pounds. I’m at a loss. I also walk about 7 miles a day. I guess my question is am I doing this all wrong?

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Are you using a digital food scale and weighing and measuring all your food and drink? Especially starting out it's important so you get a handle on how many calories you're consuming. If you've got that down then you just have to be patient and persistent. Your macros (carbs, protein, fat, sugar, etc) don't make a difference if you hit your calorie goal. HOWEVER, they can help you adhere to your deficit, give you energy, and generally help your success. So, take a good look at your calorie intake and what you're eating. Good luck.
  • ole232323
    ole232323 Posts: 126 Member
    Thank you everyone for the advice! I’m using a digital scale already. It’ll probably just take me a little while to see results
  • NicbPNW
    NicbPNW Posts: 47 Member
    Also - if you really want to lose weight and keep it off, it's about changing habits that you can maintain over a long period of time. Don't do anything you wouldn't do for the rest of your life. Sometimes just eating the foods you really like but weighing them and eating less so you stay within your calories is easier than just switching to foods that you have been conditioned to think are "good." In other words, "diets" don't work, but changing your habits slowly in a way you can maintain can lead to long term weight loss.

This.