Calorie Counter

Message Boardsβ€Ί Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Little things that irk you 🀬

Replies

• George_of_the_JungleGeorge_of_the_Jungle Member Posts: 3,316 Member Member Posts: 3,316 Member
    Getting all the way to the top of the stairs (or down to the bottom) before remembering that there was something that needed to be brought up (or down) from the other floor.

Bonus exercise!
  • KosmosKittenKosmosKitten Member Posts: 8,079 Member Member Posts: 8,079 Member
    Getting all the way to the top of the stairs (or down to the bottom) before remembering that there was something that needed to be brought up (or down) from the other floor.

Bonus exercise!

Yeah, that's honestly how I look at it. I'm mostly irked at my brain for forgetting something, not annoyed by extra work.
  • J_NY_ZJ_NY_Z Member Posts: 1,744 Member Member Posts: 1,744 Member
    Not wiping your gym equipment after you're done or re-racking your weights. We're supposed to have a civilized society here people.
  • mommabear4315mommabear4315 Member Posts: 3,400 Member Member Posts: 3,400 Member
    J_NY_Z wrote: Β»
    Not wiping your gym equipment after you're done or re-racking your weights. We're supposed to have a civilized society here people.

gsio28d0k7e6.gif
  • honeybee__12honeybee__12 Member, Premium Posts: 13,137 Member Member, Premium Posts: 13,137 Member
    ants in the kitchen 🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜
  • allaboutthecakeallaboutthecake Member Posts: 1,436 Member Member Posts: 1,436 Member
    LARGE Colored obnoxious lights added in gym classes.
    They bother me.
    I now wear a hat with visor and dark mirror sunglasses to do pilates, cycling, and situps.

(For reference the colors are red, blue, green.)
  • TarryTaffyTarryTaffy Member Posts: 883 Member Member Posts: 883 Member

I haven't seen any ants, but just moved to FL & have twice seen critters the size of a poodle in my house. The 6-ft black snake who planted himself outside on my patio must have chased them in.

I'm not countrified enough, but have learned to stifle my girl screams. :(
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 2,409 Member Member Posts: 2,409 Member

I haven't seen any ants, but just moved to FL & have twice seen critters the size of a poodle in my house. The 6-ft black snake who planted himself outside on my patio must have chased them in.

Oh my. Critters stay outside thank you very much! When I visited Florida a million years ago, I remember seeing the geckos everywhere, they were pretty cool because in Vt. we really don't get them. But other critters you can keep to yourself, especially snakes.
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 2,409 Member Member Posts: 2,409 Member
    My therapist reminiscing on her past to relate to my stories -- *kitten*, I'm the one that is paying to talk.

THAT seems to happen much more often than it should. :neutral: The most recent one I spoke with, I had made an appt. with because I was back on the gaining side of my weight journey(20 lbs. in 3 months). She kept telling me she knew all about how hard it is because she was trying to get back to her pre-baby weight. :/ No lady, you have no clue. Now shut up and listen. :) I never said that but also never went back.
  • AriesFLAriesFL Member Posts: 810 Member Member Posts: 810 Member

I had little roaches I had to take care of when I moved here. At least the apartment has free pest control.
  • zeekngreatnesszeekngreatness Member Posts: 68 Member Member Posts: 68 Member

That’s how I felt when I first moved down too lol ..I have brown spiders in the house every now n then people tell me they are safe like what freakin spider is safe πŸ˜‘
  • TarryTaffyTarryTaffy Member Posts: 883 Member Member Posts: 883 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: Β»

Oh my. Critters stay outside thank you very much! When I visited Florida a million years ago, I remember seeing the geckos everywhere, they were pretty cool because in Vt. we really don't get them. But other critters you can keep to yourself, especially snakes.

I understand. I'm in the Tampa area now (more black snakes here than anything, but they're not poisonous), but when I lived on the other coast in Boca Raton, the millions of lizards were frightening. It's actually an epidemic there.
    AriesFL wrote: Β»

I had little roaches I had to take care of when I moved here. At least the apartment has free pest control.

Yes, I think that's a FL thing... free pest control. I have asthma, so I wouldn't want them to spray unless it's dire, but, I'm on the 1st floor... every time I open the patio door, I have to be careful bees, snakes, insects don't come running in. Going to Home Depot for a flame thrower with my 20% off coupon. :smile:

My complex is brand new, so thankfully, nothing seems to have imbedded itself indoors yet, which is good. I'm very squeamish.

That’s how I felt when I first moved down too lol ..I have brown spiders in the house every now n then people tell me they are safe like what freakin spider is safe πŸ˜‘

Lol. Oh... spiders are the worst. < shudder >
  • honeybee__12honeybee__12 Member, Premium Posts: 13,137 Member Member, Premium Posts: 13,137 Member

I understand. I'm in the Tampa area now (more black snakes here than anything, but they're not poisonous), but when I lived on the other coast in Boca Raton, the millions of lizards were frightening. It's actually an epidemic there.

Yes, I think that's a FL thing... free pest control. I have asthma, so I wouldn't want them to spray unless it's dire, but, I'm on the 1st floor... every time I open the patio door, I have to be careful bees, snakes, insects don't come running in. Going to Home Depot for a flame thrower with my 20% off coupon. :smile:

My complex is brand new, so thankfully, nothing seems to have imbedded itself indoors yet, which is good. I'm very squeamish.

I'm in FL and mountain bike at night. When I first started riding at night, I noticed the trails were covered with these little, emerald-green sparkly things. At first I thought they were some kind of crystal, like how granite has bits of quartz in it, but the trails are all sand so there shouldn't be any stone like that. So I stopped and got close at one, and it was a giant wolf spider. The green was my lights reflecting back from it's eyes.

AARGH! The trails are covered with spiders! Literally hundreds and hundreds of them! And those are just the ones looking at me!

My worst nightmare! Ahhhhhh!
  • JetJaguarJetJaguar Member Posts: 792 Member Member Posts: 792 Member

I'm in FL and mountain bike at night. When I first started riding at night, I noticed the trails were covered with these little, emerald-green sparkly things. At first I thought they were some kind of crystal, like how granite has bits of quartz in it, but the trails are all sand so there shouldn't be any stone like that. So I stopped and got close at one, and it was a giant wolf spider. The green was my lights reflecting back from it's eyes.

AARGH! The trails are covered with spiders! Literally hundreds and hundreds of them! And those are just the ones looking at me!

giphy.gif

Note to Self: Pack & leave FL today. G'bye critters.

That is a horror story in the making. Which part of FL has creepy green-eyed wolf spiders? Mid-central?

Oh & do you still bike at night & if so, how has this changed what you do? Do you only wear long pants/sleeves now? How can you ride while screeching?

Yes, I'm in the Orlando area and I still ride at night in the winter (too many bugs in the summer). I've gotten used to the wolf spiders, their sparkly eyes kind of look cool. They have this brilliant, scintillating sort of property to them, like a spot from a laser pointer.

The ones I really hate are the banana spiders. The biggest ones are as big as the palm of your hand, though most are "only" 1-2 inches across. They come out at sunset and spin their web across the trail, then sit in the middle right at face level. I wear clear safety glasses mainly because of them. One time I came around a corner and crashed right through one. Stopped and slapped myself all over, as you do when you run into a web. I thought I was clean and started riding again, about a hundred yards later the spider ran across my glasses! Must have been lodged in my helmet or something.

BTW, the Ocala Mountain Bike Association's logo is a banana spider, and for good reason.
  • AriesFLAriesFL Member Posts: 810 Member Member Posts: 810 Member
    I live in the Orlando area too. Thanks for the heads up when I start to bike ride in the future. Spiders don’t bother me though.