Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,321 Member
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Two pounds down!! Water for sure, but it is a downward trend and I am celebrating.

Week has found me again and I have a to do list.

Interesting now that I am logging my food again that little voice sometimes stops me and says- is this going to put me over ## wise?? What of the Beck Diet points Lana is listing do you find most helpful?

My father wants to see my budget and I am proud to say I do not spend as much as I feared. Now to get it down in writing.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,824 Member

🔵 Beck Day 9 - Select an Exercise Plan

"Once I accept that exercise is essential and start doing it consistently, dieting will be easier."

- schedule exercise into your calendar
    - schedule meal planning into your calendar
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning Ladies~~

Sara - congratulations on a great weigh-in!

Waving to Lynn and Dawn and everyone who stops by later on.

I'm going to shorten up the Beck stuff wherever I can, because I sense it is dominating our thread, which may be a bad thing.

I must have lost a lot of water weight. I had to do a double take at the scale, and it is the same scale they use at WW, so I trust it.

BBL

Lana

251.6 today
    255.0 highest
    223.0 goal for 6/30
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Wow! Sara and Lana you are rockstars on the scale.
    I dragged my "kitten" into work today hoping if I am stronger than this cold it will leave my body.
    Exercise - I will make adding weights, my AM walk and my new plank "habit" part of my NO CHOICE.
    Congrats Sara on the $ budget - just as important as a food budget.
    Waves to all - Lurking and coughing - Lynn
  • LanaCabana537
    brennerjlb wrote: »
    Wow! Sara and Lana you are rockstars on the scale.
    I dragged my "kitten" into work today hoping if I am stronger than this cold it will leave my body.
    Exercise - I will make adding weights, my AM walk and my new plank "habit" part of my NO CHOICE.
    Congrats Sara on the $ budget - just as important as a food budget.
    Waves to all - Lurking and coughing - Lynn

Dang Lynn - Don't go running yourself down too much.
    I thought of you this morning: I was down on the floor, crawling around to clean underneath the bed and under the tall dresser. I had a hard time getting down to the floor and a hard time getting up again. I cannot imagine doing a plank! Maybe after I get a few "decades" down in weight, I will give it a try!

Lana
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Finally, the light seems to be returning. I spent Saturday and Sunday in bed with the cats, fasted, read, colored, played games, and napped. Napped a lot.

I've really messed things up health- and job-wise. Gained back 30-35 lbs depending on which day you look at.

Something took over and I panicked when I got near my January goal (151, last September). I started feeling unworthy. Reading so many people who wished they could be where I was made me feel guilty for succeeding. Adding in job stress created a cupcake binge that I am trying to overcome. Then the cupcakes became burgers and the burgers became whole pizzas. I was eating alone in my car or in the bathroom at work because everyone was putting so much pressure on me to help them lose weight too. Also, how do I deal with not being the person who needs to lose 100 lbs? I've needed to lose 100 lbs or more for over 30 years. I don't know who I am if I don't have to lose weight. Everyone says maintenance is even harder, that scares me too.

Nearly lost my job due to my attitude. Most days I would rather have been dead than come in to work, but I plugged on and kept coming anyway. My boss and I had a heart-to-heart and I told him this is not something I can control and I just have to wait for it to pass.

I did not begin with the new year, but I am trying now. As I said, I fasted most of the weekend. Lunch Friday to supper Sunday. Still messed up by eating 8 truffles (why? because they were there.)

However, the fast gave me a loss and from here I begin.

HW 325
    SW 222
    CW 176 (up from 151)
    GW 130
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tracy - are you reading the days that Lana is posting? Doing a couple of these habits might keep the "urge" down. Sending hugs.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Good morning Ladies~~

Sara - congratulations on a great weigh-in!

Waving to Lynn and Dawn and everyone who stops by later on.

I'm going to shorten up the Beck stuff wherever I can, because I sense it is dominating our thread, which may be a bad thing.

I must have lost a lot of water weight. I had to do a double take at the scale, and it is the same scale they use at WW, so I trust it.

BBL

Lana

251.6 today
    255.0 highest
    223.0 goal for 6/30

Great WI...even if it is water weight..

• Tilliesmommy1
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Up with dog but will find more sleep.

TV is up and running, so I can watch dvds again. Starting the Harry Potter series - I have never seen it so I am enjoying the casting and I can see why this book series is so popular.

Blueberries with breakfast takes care of one of my 4 fruit veg. Roasted Veg with egg salad today so will have to prep the vegetables.... got lazy yesterday.

Phone calls and walking and applying for jobs online - had to change and update my resume.

Read your cards and give yourself credit for any of the Beck days you make a habit of daily.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537

Dearest Tracy~~

I have read your post, and I am feeling for you deeply. This is an interim reply, because today is heavy with important doctors appointments.

Big hugs~

Lana
  • LanaCabana537

🔵 Beck Day 10 -- Set a realistic goal

Judith Beck encourages us to focus on 5-pound increments and not on the big, ultimate numbers.

What do you all think of that idea?

Lana

PS - remember to give yourself CREDIT today for all of the good things you do!
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Dearest Tracy~~

I have read your post, and I am feeling for you deeply. This is an interim reply, because today is heavy with important doctors appointments.

Big hugs~

Lana

Happy thoughts for great outcomes from your important appointments.

Giving myself credit today for staying true to my eating plan yesterday and meal prepping lunch for the rest of the week.
    Tracy - are you reading the days that Lana is posting? Doing a couple of these habits might keep the "urge" down. Sending hugs.

I started one thing I read in the Beck plan. I now cook my breakfast and get back in bed to eat with the cats before leaving the house instead of eating at work. I've only done it for two days so far, but it does have a calming effect on my day.

• brennerjlb
    Hello!
    Good luck today Lana for the appointments. Keep reading/thinking about your cards.
    Sara - I LOVED the Harry Potter books and movies. My girls grew up with those books and I got to read them with them. Great memories for me. We did visit Harry Potter world in Universal a number of years back.
    Hello Tracy! I am glad you popped back in here. I am glad you are feeling better. I am also glad that you were realistic and honest with your boss. I hope you continue to feel better.
    Day 10. Realistic goal. My most recent attempt is taking baby step goals. My GW below is as of 1/31. A bit more than 5 lbs right now, but close. I do have much bigger goals. 5 lbs at a time will add up quickly! I have to find ways to indulge in non food ways - figure out what that means to me.

CW 195
    HW 207
    GW 189 by 1/31.
  • ama3387
    ama3387 Posts: 242 Member
    I didn’t it again! I fell off and have to start all over again! Ugh
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    I really like Harry Potter movies...I have not read the books... I really should take the time...hope you enjoy Sara
  • Tilliesmommy1
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Have to go back to pharmacy their pharmacist is slow and I had to buy lithium batteries anyway. Luckily I have enough meds for dog. I just hope they are not too $$$ as I dont have insurance for her.

Thinking last night about body lotion and the cold weather. I am told to use after bathing, but I am not that coordinated....

Just read my cards. How is everyone else doing on the Beck ideas? My pedometer has a new battery so need to put it to work today.

My pre made meals are still going, but what to make next?

Wave to all who follow.
  • brennerjlb
    Good morning!
    Sara - great job on the pre made meals!
    Beck - I did read through my Beck cards today. I did read on to day 11. I will put it here and see if Lana signs in for input. I don't want to step on any toes :wink: This one may take some practice. "Differentiate between hunger and cravings. Do this by monitoring your hunger - before, halfway and after a meal and then again 20 minutes after a meal. AKA mindful eating. I think we all know the importance of that.
    Dawn and Sara- the books are so much more detailed than the movies. So many more small plots going on than one can show in the movie. I actually read them a second time after the movie. I find it fun to re-read once the characters looks change from what I imagined them to be like.
    Ama - welcome back!
    Lana - hope all went as well as could be yesterday.
    Happy Wednesday! Lurking
    Lynn
  • LanaCabana537
    edited January 2020
    Good morning All~~

Lynn and anyone else - Please feel free to pick up the Beck Ball and run with it. I am over-loaded until Monday, but will at least put a 🔵Beck Ball Headliner in place. Lynn and Sara and anyone with a book, if you can fill out my gaps, that would be wonderful.

I've been dreading the next few Beck Days because they are SO important and very detailed. I will do my best, and you all pitch in!

In composing the below post, I strongly feel that we should take two days on this subject. I hope that that is OK with you all.

Lana

252.4 today
    255.0 highest
    223.0 June 30 goal
  • LanaCabana537
    edited January 2020
    🔵 Beck Day 11 - Differentiate Between Hunger, Desire, and Cravings

Beck wants us to learn to differentiate amongst these three feelings.
    Hunger is when you have not eaten in several hours, and your stomach is empty.
    A Desire to Eat is when you are not hungry with empty stomach, yet there is food around....
    Craving is what she calls a physiological and emotional intense urge to eat.

I want to add something from a great Weight Watchers Leader, whose defined and dealt with Desires and Cravings a bit differently.

He spoke of the differences amongst being Hungry, having an Urge, and a having a Craving.
    He said an urge is quick and impulsive. It's either food that is in front of you or you can quickly procure.
    A craving is when you want something specific and want it for days. (I craved a jelly donut for all of last week.)
    Hunger is needing food in your stomach--will an apple fix it? If an apple won't help, he said, it isn't hunger.

What do you all think on this subject?
    Can you share any thoughts on handling Desires and Cravings?
    Are you yourself able to tell the differences?
  • brennerjlb
    edited January 2020
    🔵 Beck Day 11 - Differentiate Between Hunger, Desire, and Cravings
    My thoughts:
    Hunger/Cravings - I will try really hard to track my hunger. I feel hungry currently, shall I let it pass or eat a fruit, but often times I am still hungry, the apple for example did not help my hunger. So then it isn't really hunger. I am obviously not going to "go hungry" I know food will come at my next meal. So I need to practice patience, restraint and think before I act on this hungry.

this is an important concept. I will have to work on determining the differences.

Lynn

CW 194.8
    HW 207
    GW 189