Chit chat

Antiopelle
Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
I thought I might start a thread where we can post some other topics we want to talk about, not necessarily related to our month's accountability. Here goes ...

As you may know, hubbie has started his weight loss journey here on MFP. The last week however, the scale went upwards, although being within his calories. So, I checked his diary. I was shocked to see that his breakfast were two or three croissants !! The first croissant entry he found was 100 kcal, so he thought he was getting a lean brekkie by eating 3 croissants, which was less than yoghurt with granola and fruit !
Reality check done, healthy brekkie restored, weight going down :smiley:

Replies

• weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Antiopelle wrote: »
    I thought I might start a thread where we can post some other topics we want to talk about, not necessarily related to our month's accountability. Here goes ...

So, I checked his diary. I was shocked to see that his breakfast were two or three croissants !! :smiley:

I would be eating more croissants if they were 100 cals! lol-
    My BF also started being conscious about his weight. He carries most in his belly and his button down shirts are getting tight. I always try to give him healthy choices and he loves them. It's the habit of snacking... I always see him eating pretzels, nuts, pastries etc after Lunch or Dinner. I don't know if I can persuade him to start logging in MFP. Any ideas??
  • ellie117
    ellie117 Posts: 293 Member
    My husband has been tracking with me the past few months as we get ready for our honeymoon at the end of this month. We are good sticking to meals that have nutrition info available - but when it doesn't, when I search the database I look for a higher calorie option but he always goes for the lowest available option under his search! It drives me nuts - he says it lets him eat more whereas I'd rather overestimate than underestimate and eat more!
  • Antiopelle
    @weatherking2019 : my hubbie cannot be pushed to do anything, so I had to do it subtly.
    I repeated every now and then that he was the only one who could decide for himself to start logging. I also put on “my 600lbs life” when I heard him waking up on Saturday mornings 😉
    Ultimately, I guess he started to feel uncomfortable while diving and that was the final trigger.
    @ellie117: exactly the same here 😀
  • weatherking2019
    @Antiopelle So this morning, as I was getting ready to leave the bedroom to make coffee, he goes "Maybe I should stop eating bread and have a smoothie or something" OMG! I didn't see him eat breakfast but just coffee before I left but this is good! Maybe I will start making him smoothies in the morning!
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    edited December 2019
    OMGosh..... the struggle is real! I set my boyfriend up on here just so he could see what calories many of the foods he chooses actually have in them. There's so much that he calls healthy that just makes me shake my head. He's so active that he doesn't have much to lose at all - but his 10 yo son is overweight. Not huge, but he's got a pretty good buddha belly going on. I try to fix healthy dinners for him, but the kid LOVES anything super carby or sweet. It frustrates my boyfriend that his son isn't in better shape, but I think he needs to set better examples of eating for him. It does no good to be on a kid about their weight - he's pretty self conscious about it. Just don't make junk food accessible.
  • Antiopelle
    Well well, good to know that I'm not the only one who struggles with my hubbie :smiley:
  • Antiopelle
    Good for you @weatherking2019 !
  • l4a_p
    l4a_p Posts: 241 Member
    Cora0477 wrote: »
    You guys, my kids are killing me! They keep baking stuff. Yesterday my daughter made a cake from scratch. She was very proud of herself and served us each a 5th of it. The day before, my son made a cake, and the day before that, they made cinnamon and sugar muffins together. A couple days earlier, my son made homemade biscuits for breakfast (sooo good). He got a cake pop kit at a gift exchange this weekend, so I know those are coming soon too. I’m proud of them for spreading their wings, but it’s like living in a bakery. ~not the best path to stay on track for fitness!

Haha omg poor you! And of course it's nigh impossible to refuse their love-infused baked goodies without hurting their feelings! Maybe give them a challenge to make healthier stuff? Yoghurt cakes, flourless muffins, etc?

@weatherking2019 And congrats! I can imagine it must have been liberating!
  • Antiopelle
    Wow @Cora0477 , this must be crazy and almost impossible to stay within cal limits ! Hopefully, this is a holiday thing and they'll get over it starting January :wink:
  • tracimckinney
    tracimckinney Posts: 79 Member
    Hugs @weatherking2019! It's been 3 years this month since my divorce. I still have so much guilt for how it affects my 3 kids, mostly for my youngest (10 years old) and especially around this time of year.

@Cora0477 oh no! Healthier baked items sounds like a great solution @I4a_p
  • weatherking2019
    Thanks!! It's a thing of the past now. However my daughter is suffering... I hope it's temporary and she can get/feel better soon. (she's 11@tracimckinney-puberty sucks)

@Cora0477 that's a tough one! I wouldn't be able to say no either!! I guess burn the calorie! Do something active with the kids together :)

BTW, I started making smoothies in the morning for my bf. He watched Game changers and made a statement of "I'm going to eat less meat!" Maybe he's really stating to try?? 🤞🤞
  • weatherking2019
    So I want to start doing a quick workout during lunch break when the weather is below 40.

Found this: LEVEL 1: BODYWEIGHT TRAINING

20 Bodyweight squats.
    10 Push-ups.
    10 Walking lunges (each leg).
    10 Dumbbell rows (use a milk jug or other weight).
    15 Second Plank.
    30 Jumping jacks.

The question is "Where" to do this. I don't have my own private office.
    But I have access to a conference room and other unused office rooms. Do I use it??
  • Antiopelle
    It depends... are there windows? If not, I would. I’ve been doing my pushups here at work if needed.
  • cayenne_007
    I do pushups & yoga in my office - I just close the door at lunch. I'd probably swipe an empty office and use it if I needed to. Half the people I work with think I'm crazy, but it doesn't bother me.
  • weatherking2019
    There's a window but I can close the screen down. We have 3 open offices that I can use during lunch(10-15 min). Since the weather is showing snow the next 5 days, I think I'm going to do this :D Thx girls!
  • cayenne_007
    My fiance has been making noise lately about dropping a few - I cooked a TON Nov/Dec and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. Makes it so much easier if they're a little bit on the same page as you.

I think it has to be their idea, so congrats to your boyfriend!! Baby steps!

I always get irritated at how fast mine can drop weight in comparison to me - he'll cut the sweets for a while & BAM - gone..... Life isn't fair! LOL