WAISTAWAYS January 2020 Chat

Replies

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    I'm going to cry or scream!!! I just wrote a VERY long post in response to so many of your posts, and something happened and it's gone before I could post. I don't know if I can redo it. Ohhhhhhhhhh, and it was so good. Let's see if I can bullet point it. I just can't. Wahhhhhhh.
  • micki48
    • @conleywoods - can't wear fitbit. I once got a hot spot and had to switch sides.
    • @Andreabroadley - So sorry to hear about your scare. Glad you are feeling fine now. Wishing you the best outcome.
    • @jugar - you made me laugh about bracelets being "fancy". I wear them all the time. There was so much good stuff to my post Yada, Yada, yada and it's gone. I was feeling a bit silly. Speaking of wearing my hatbands, and breaking out my sequin evening bags. I assure you it was a riot! :)
    • @Teryth @fourathomej So sorry you are having such cold weather. We have been unseasonably warm at high 60s to low 70s. Not good for our planet.
    • A big thanks to my Canadian friends for making me learn more about Canadian geography.
    • Banff National Park is now on my "to do" list
    • @Terytha You be You. If you feel like a kid, act like a kid. You are an adult if you are working and paying bills.
    • @conleywoods I have tons of toys and STUFF after teaching elementary school over 20 years too. My grand loves my toys.

^^^^Not nearly as good as the original post. :( You would have loved it.;)

Planning to head to the gym when the little peanut gets picked up today. Have a great Wednesday.
  • micki48
    One more, then I'll stop. Just looked at the spreadsheet and there have been amazing losses so far this week. Congratulations to all the big losers! Very impressive weigh ins. So inspiring. Let's keep it green.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,353 Member
    drinking, logging, took vitamins, exercised!!
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    @matthewsfive what amazing progress you have made in a year. I am so excited for you. Very inspiring. I'm about 5 weeks from my 1 year mark, it's a big milestone. Congrats!

@evelynladams527 You sound so excited about PT Assistant school. I have worked with some awesome assistants in our department. Such a great and diverse field and low burn out. Enjoy all the fun and excitement the future has in store!

@Terytha As someone who has dedicated their entire working career to playing with toys (and has more toys than my own kids 🤫). I say be a kid or a kid at heart as long as possible!

No school today...SNOW DAY! Woke up to no power and more snow for a total of 17 inches, oh my. Luckily the power came on in time to make coffee and breakfast. I don't know what WaWa's is but you talk about like I talk about Starbucks! Oh, coffee how I love you. Got some snowshoeing in today and even saw the sun. Can't remember the last sunny day so that was a treat!

@conleywoods
    Thanks.

WaWa is a convenience store that serves anything from milk, fruit, groceries, sandwiches, coffee to gas. I love their Cappuccino its the only coffee like thing my stomach can handle but its so bad for you, so much sugar. I keep looking for things that aren't as high in sugar but can find anything. We also have Starbucks but can't handle real coffee, wish I could.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Spreadsheet looks great, way to go. I want to join in with the green and Will work hard this week, Thanks for the challenge.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 542 Member
    This morning’s weigh in @jugar: 189.6
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 542 Member
    So more medical mysteries for me as well at the start of this year. Landed in ER on Sunday with chest pains during a workout. Ended up overnighting. No MI (although heart enzymes higher than they like to see them and BP way to high) so stress test soon.

I feel fine now. Saw my GP yesterday and we he is encouraging me to keep exercising until I see cardiologist. So I will!

Have a great day everyone!

I’m not surprised your BP was high at the ER! What a concept!
    Our stepmother (about to turn 70 in April) had some issues last May which her GP thought was cardio related. By August, at a different hospital, they discovered it was her gallbladder. It’s worth a check - lots less scary than heart issues!
    Good luck with it all. It’s good they said you could still exercise. Nice to have the stress release.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,052 Member
    @micki48 Steps for 14th Jan: 4302
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,052 Member
    Here's my tuppence-worth for the discussion on the menopause. I'm 56 and I think that the menopause started for me about 4 years ago. I wish I could be more precise, but there's no great prize-giving or proclamation when you enter this new stage of life (although I think there should be!) The only menopausal symptom that I had which was problematic was the hot flashes. I felt like I was self-combusting, and would literally pour with sweat. Incidentally I didn't suffer from the other symptoms that are often quoted as being part and parcel of the menopause - no moods, no muddled thinking, or bad sleep. So I got off quite lightly, I think.

The thing is, I occasionally do contract staff training and you can imagine how awful it used to look mid hot flash! The sweats would not last very long, but it was just awful for me and anyone else who might be around - you just feel so helpless (not to mention jolly uncomfortable!)

Anyway, after a year of almost constant hot flashes, I went to my GP and she prescribed some low dosage HRT. Immediately, my hot flashes ceased. It was like a little miracle and I was able to get on with my life as usual. I was so pleased.

But then a couple of months ago, while away in the States at my son's wedding, I started to bleed. When I got home, my GP got me an emergency gynae appointment. Before the appointment, I decided to stop taking the HRT. My hot flashes gradually returned, but only a very mild version - certainly not enough for me to miss my HRT. During my gynae appointment, I was reassured that there was nothing to be concerned about, but "let's not rush back to the HRT for the time being".

So now I'm going through the menopause without any help. I do take Magnesium, Sage and Omega 3, 6 & 9 vitamins. As well as vitamins D and B12 for my MS. But it's fine. Added to which, my hubby is extremely supportive so I don't feel like I'm on my own.

Bottom line - the menopause is just another part of life, and it affects every woman differently. Some women sail through it with barely a hiccup, and others can suffer the most awful symptoms with little support. But it's good to talk!
  • bunnybuns1111
    bunnybuns1111 Posts: 42 Member
    micki48 wrote: »
    Daily check in: Tuesday
    Calories: within calorie goal-yes
    Exercise: 53 minutes of taekwondo
    Water: 90ml
    Steps: 7,240

Tomorrow’s goals or opportunities : drink more water

@bunnybuns1111 Do you want to be on the Step Challenge or are you just reporting for you? I can't find any post where you asked to be added, but I may have missed it. If so, sorry. Just let me know and @jugar can do her magic and I'll add you. :)

@micki48 I am just reporting for me. Keeps me motivated by checking in.
  • bunnybuns1111
    bunnybuns1111 Posts: 42 Member
    Daily check in: Wednesday
    Exercise: rest day today
    Water: 80ml
    Steps: 5,789

Tomorrow’s goals or opportunities : wake up early and go to gym
  • micki48
    aoi6utppuyj8.png
    Daily check in: Wednesday
    Exercise: Got to the gym Yay!
    Water: 80 ounces+
    Steps: over 10,000 right now

Tomorrow’s goals or opportunities :smile:
    Do Balanced Life Pilates
    Get 10k steps
    Read 30 minutes
    Make quiche for dinner

@YinxFed @jugar @evelynladams527 Thank you all for your responses about menopause. I appreciate hearing about other people’s experience. Helps you not feel so lost. ❤️
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,004 Member
    micki48 wrote: »
    • @conleywoods - can't wear fitbit. I once got a hot spot and had to switch sides.
    • @Andreabroadley - So sorry to hear about your scare. Glad you are feeling fine now. Wishing you the best outcome.
    • @jugar - you made me laugh about bracelets being "fancy". I wear them all the time. There was so much good stuff to my post Yada, Yada, yada and it's gone. I was feeling a bit silly. Speaking of wearing my hatbands, and breaking out my sequin evening bags. I assure you it was a riot! :)
    • @Teryth @fourathomej So sorry you are having such cold weather. We have been unseasonably warm at high 60s to low 70s. Not good for our planet.
    • A big thanks to my Canadian friends for making me learn more about Canadian geography.
    • Banff National Park is now on my "to do" list
    • @Terytha You be You. If you feel like a kid, act like a kid. You are an adult if you are working and paying bills.
    • @conleywoods I have tons of toys and STUFF after teaching elementary school over 20 years too. My grand loves my toys.

^^^^Not nearly as good as the original post. :( You would have loved it.;)

Planning to head to the gym when the little peanut gets picked up today. Have a great Wednesday.

I am reading this with ALL the missing lines - or at least my imagined versions of them! I have had this happen before, and it is so horrible. Especially when you were writing in that great flow, it was fun and witty, had some great things to toss into the discussion, and **poof** GONE. I then swear in all of the four languages I know fairly well. Four different flavours of wonderful horrible things to say!

Sorry it was lost, but this skeletal version is pretty danged wonderful :heart:
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,004 Member
    On a roll, people - on a roll!

There are lots of good steps coming in, people heading to the gym, braving the cold, drinking all the water, and cooking all the healthy things. @evelynladams527 and @ElleBellesTheoBear both hitting the 180s!!! WTG :)

@cory17 - exercise, water, vitamins - talk about being on a roll! Fantastic, you!

UPDATE on UPDATES:
    Only 2 weigh-ins to put on the front burner -
    @fourathomej (your scale probably froze today!)
    @cory17 due tomorrow :smile:

I will try not to make the same mistake I made last night. I wanted to watch an episode of a show I like, but now I feel lazy if I just sit there and watch, so I hopped on the exercise bike as I usually do when watching something. it was much later than usual, though, so I didn't finish until almost 10:30 pm. I had worked up a good sweat, so I took a shower and headed for bed - but I couldn't sleep at all!! This happened a couple of times before - too late for that kind of exercise. So no late watching tonight! I'll do some nice stretching and get a better sleep.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    My doctor (saw tonight) has confirmed that my stomach is just slow, I'm not having some kind of disease. Negative on the celiac and thyroid stuff. So I need to take digestive aids every day probably forever. Some people are just like that. Weight loss aggravates it.

Honestly? It sucks but it's not so bad. I'd rather know what to take and how often and feel OK than just suffer miserably while Dr Google tries to convince me I'm dying. It's not like most OTC stomach stuff even has much in the way of side effects and I don't need a scrip to buy it.

Weighed in with clothes on at 203 point something and the doctor said, "it just keeps going down what are you doing?!"

And I was like, "I eat less. I have this app." Because there's an app for everything. Way too simplistic but he doesn't need the details. He just wants to know I'm doing it on purpose safely.

Also my cholesterol went up but my triglycerides dropped more, so he's ok with it. Much less negative than I feared. :)

Which is good because with the new rules our disaster of a government brought in, I pretty much can't see him anymore. Friggin' basement dwelling mama's boy ruining everything. :unamused:
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    So more medical mysteries for me as well at the start of this year. Landed in ER on Sunday with chest pains during a workout. Ended up overnighting. No MI (although heart enzymes higher than they like to see them and BP way to high) so stress test soon.

I feel fine now. Saw my GP yesterday and we he is encouraging me to keep exercising until I see cardiologist. So I will!

Have a great day everyone!

I’m not surprised your BP was high at the ER! What a concept!
    Our stepmother (about to turn 70 in April) had some issues last May which her GP thought was cardio related. By August, at a different hospital, they discovered it was her gallbladder. It’s worth a check - lots less scary than heart issues!
    Good luck with it all. It’s good they said you could still exercise. Nice to have the stress release.

Thanks! I’ll ask about gallbladder!

In meantime I’m chilling!
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Thanks @micki48.. someone recently told me that if you’re in a computer when that happens, try control z and you might recover it. Don’t know if true!
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    @jugar I’m sorry I haven’t been checking in lately but I did post my weigh in last Friday. I just looked at the spreadsheet and you didn’t get it. Sooo I don’t know if it’s too late to put it on there or not but here it is...thanks!
    PW174.4
    CW 172.2
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 974 Member
    @Andreabroadley Glad you are relaxing and feeling better for now. Hope you get some answers soon. The waiting and worries are just awful. Hang in there.

@jugar Happy to hear I'm not the only one who has sensory problems with watches and jewelry 😉

@Terytha Sounds like you have made some amazing progress! Bummer about the Tummy stuff but at least it sounds like something that can be dealt with.

@Micki48 In honor of you I'm going to quit whining about my period. No promises that I won't start whining about it in a month or two. But this month I'll take a vow of silence on the topic.😊♥️
This discussion has been closed.