Looking for others that need to lose a LOT

2»

Replies

• ldevries2012
    ldevries2012 Posts: 3 Member
    THE STRUGGLE IS REAL!!!! I need to lose 100lbs. This is the hardest thing I've ever had to do. However I know it needs to be done. I've already had one health scare because I'm overweight; I don't want anymore. Could always use friends who understand. Looking forward for extra support and accountability.
  • jessicaturner58
    jessicaturner58 Posts: 10 Member
    Hi! I’m looking to lose 75-100lbs. Let’s motivate each other!! Feel free to add me!
  • jessicaturner58
    jessicaturner58 Posts: 10 Member
    I’m looking to lose 75-100lbs! I’m so scared that I will fail. Any friends and motivation will help TREMENDOUSLY!
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    I second the thought that you should join us in Larger Losers -- https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers.

I'll also send you a FR. I want to lose 200 lbs and I'm a bit over halfway there now.
  • DsGinger
    DsGinger Posts: 3 Member
    Allow me to join the group... losing 100! Would love the company!
  • iangelbailey10
    iangelbailey10 Posts: 51 Member
    Me too! I have 100 plus pounds to lose as well. My motivation is severely lacking, and need to find it :) Also need to find a path that will work, and that will be sustainable.
  • desness
    desness Posts: 13 Member
    I have 155 lbs to lose, so I feel you. A few years ago I lost 124 lbs but gained it all back a few years later after a spinal injury. This time around I have to be smarter about my nutrition and focus on my food rather than exercise, as rigorous exercise is what caused the injury.
  • weightloss42020
    weightloss42020 Posts: 4 Member
    Feel free to add me! I have at the very least 150lb to lose.... probably should lose more than that!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    I agree with NovusDies completely!

I've lost 100 lbs; I still have at least 100 lbs to go, and I've been at it since 2017. They are right - there is so much misinformation floating around these days, some of it sounding pretty convincing coming from Dr so and so or other so called "experts", and it takes a life of its own when it becomes part of urban myth. Common sense really is your best defense, as is the old motto: KISS: keep it simple - seriously (modified to be politically correct lol)

The simplest and easiest path you can take will be the one most likely to be adhered to, so take some time, be willing to work slowly and get to know yourself and what works best for you, understand there will be ups and downs, setbacks, plateaus, and falls off the wagon, but be kind to yourself, understanding and forgiving, firm, and above all, don't give up!

It doesn't matter if it takes you 5 months or 5 years - its not a race, its a journey, and what matters is the destination, not how quickly you get there! Understand that you didn't put the weight on overnight; you aren't going to lose it over night, and you want to be maintaining or bettering your health in the end, not damaging it in the process.

Oh, and also - even if you don't get to your ultimate goal, give yourself credit for every pound you do lose because any loss at all will better your health. Just 5% of your starting weight makes a difference!

Set yourself small, reachable goals and focus on them and not always on the ultimate goal; its a lot easier to see progress as you reach each little milestone, and you can celebrate that as a win for each step you reach.
  • MDB22075
    MDB22075 Posts: 8 Member
    I've got to lose at least 100 lbs too
  • I just sent a request. I've got at least 100 lbs to lose. Anyone can add me, I enjoy the company.
  • losingweight1981
    losingweight1981 Posts: 21 Member
    Hey all, I also have a lot to lose, am currently 270lbs looking to lose 100lbs, on her for motivation, friends and inspiration! Feel free to add me!!
  • taxidermygirl513
    taxidermygirl513 Posts: 15 Member
    I'm looking to lose about 150! Feel free to add me!
  • Cadencec1
    Cadencec1 Posts: 12 Member
    Im at around 295 right now... not sure what the goal is, but definitely at least 100 pounds to lose. Feel free to add me 😊
  • svtrich4029
    svtrich4029 Posts: 3 Member
    You can add me also. I want to loose 180
  • dunenoret
    dunenoret Posts: 77 Member
    I sent requests to all above.

Good luck everyone!
  • Carlaluv21
    Carlaluv21 Posts: 6 Member
    Feel free to add me as well. Looking to lose 75+ lbs.
  • crazygonegibby1
    crazygonegibby1 Posts: 83 Member
    Need to lose 100. Anyone can add me.
  • thenewkayla
    thenewkayla Posts: 313 Member
    Anyone is free to add me i need lose 70-80 more.
    Open diary .. I'm looking for more supportive and active friends