Are you over 200pds, let's diet together

Replies

• quemalosuerte
    quemalosuerte Posts: 234 Member
    Didn’t make it to the gym on Monday...that was my choice (my husband took a flex day and I had to runnsome errands after work so I just went home). Didn’t planning going yesterday (husband’s day off and chiropractor appointment after work). I was going to go today, but made a last minute appointment to donate blood aftergetting a text thatbthey were dangerously low in my blood type. That leaves me with 3 remaining days, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday. I can still make my goal of 90 minutes this week, I just have to buckle down and actually go.
  • CathyRocky
    CathyRocky Posts: 64 Member
    Hi Everyone. I hope I can still join. I'm 53 years old, a wife, a legal secretary, a dog mom and I weigh 231 lbs. as of this morning. My initial goal is to get under two hundred pounds. My long term goal is still kind of fuzzy because I'm not even sure what's realistic at this point. I'd like to shoot for around 145 lbs, but that seems impossible right now even though I used to be thin! As the years went by, the pounds added up thanks to stress and a serious sweet tooth. I hope everyone has a good week.

Hi! I remember when I weighed 145 pounds, and the extra weight came on soo slowly that I hardly noticed, then I was over 200. Welcome!
  • CathyRocky
    CathyRocky Posts: 64 Member
    Didn’t make it to the gym on Monday...that was my choice (my husband took a flex day and I had to runnsome errands after work so I just went home). Didn’t planning going yesterday (husband’s day off and chiropractor appointment after work). I was going to go today, but made a last minute appointment to donate blood aftergetting a text thatbthey were dangerously low in my blood type. That leaves me with 3 remaining days, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday. I can still make my goal of 90 minutes this week, I just have to buckle down and actually go.

Is that your goal, 90 minutes per week? That's a great idea!
  • FatimaStartsAllOver
    FatimaStartsAllOver Posts: 302 Member
    @celticck77 - sorry to hear the bad news about overdoing it. speedy recovery lady! however, i’m excited to hear about your NSV (woohoo)!!!
    I think you should take a full rest day today and not even bother with the upper body. Perhaps the weekend would be a “GO”...... hope you restock your motrin 🤗
  • Slackajawea, we welcome everyone working downward! I'm at 283 headed for about 180-150, depending, so you're not the only one doing a big change.

CathyRocky, I'm probably going out for lunch, but am planning the food for next week. I'm going to visit a new meat market that's supposed to have game meat, because I'd love to do a cacciatore with rabbit and pheasant. I found a cacciatore recipe that doesn't have tomatoes in it, and that's better for me and mine; tomatoes make our chronic pain worse.
  • FatimaStartsAllOver
    @AlexandraMBT & @KJR865 - nice losses ladies
  • Hello,

I’m brand new to MyFitnessPal.

I’m 36 years old. 5’10”.

SW: 241
    CW: 229
    GW: 175

I’ve yo-yoing between my SW and GW for years. Hoping to get down to my goal weight by end July 2020.

Hope it’s ok to join!
  • quemalosuerte
    quemalosuerte Posts: 234 Member
    edited January 2020
    CathyRocky wrote: »

Is that your goal, 90 minutes per week? That's a great idea!

I got 80 minutes last week, so I wanted to get 90 this week. I would like to go 4 days in a week and get 120 minutes, but I am not quite there yet. We’re supposed to have winter weather this weekend, but the gym is accross the street, so that shouldn’t stop me from going tomorrow after work and Sunday morning.

Another thing I have heard positive feedback about is my “reward goal”. Today was workout #6 and I get new loungepants/pajamas when I hit 30 workouts.
  • FatimaStartsAllOver
    edited January 2020
    @ladycopnh1 - what’s going on? we haven’t heard from you in DAYS! let me go back up this thread, perhaps i missed a post or two. OMG! pls check in. we are here for you 👌🏾
    NEVERMIND/ my MISTAKE.
  • I'm up a pound. Of course, my frontage also swelled a cup size overnight. Apparently we're getting ready for the usual monthly drama. So I'm not taking that real seriously.

I'm doing the shopping today, which means a lot of walking, so I'm not actually worried about not going to the gym. If I do both, I run out of spoons. And walking is exercise. (I have to shop today; we're out of cat food.)

Looking forward to a trip to a specialty butcher today. That may be quite fun for a foodie like me.
  • bellanbear
    bellanbear Posts: 34 Member
    Starting Weight: 245.0 on 12/31/19
    I weigh in on Fridays!

Jan. 3: 245.0 (No loss, No gain) 😳
    Jan. 10: 240.6 (-4.4 loss) 😍 happy
    Jan. 17: 238.0 (-2.6 loss) 🤙🏾
    Jan. 24:
    Jan. 31

Total January loss:

👍👍 Keep up the good work!
  • celticck77
    celticck77 Posts: 113 Member
    @theleadmare - you cannot run out of cat food! LOL I have two and they would never let me live that down.
    @FatimaStartsAllOver - nice job! you are rocking it.
  • celticck77
    celticck77 Posts: 113 Member
    I took a rest day yesterday. And thank you it seems to have helped my foot. I spent some time with friends - went a little over my calories but I have been a bit low lately so I am okay with it.
    My non-scale victory - I took a pretty small portion of spaghetti and sauce and decided I would get more if I was still hungry... I was a little hungry when I was done but after sitting and talking for a few minutes I realized that I was no longer hungry. My brain caught up with my body and I was good!! That gave me room to have a small piece of chocolate cake - less than half of what I would have taken before. Barely finished it and I was pleasantly full after. Not that over stuffed "why did I do that" feeling. Just the "I ate enough and I am good" feeling.
    Everyone have a good weekend!