WAISTAWAYS January 2020 Chat

Replies

• ann_1403
    ann_1403 Posts: 22 Member
    Finally found time to post on here - I will be hit and miss as I'm a carer for my partner but getting some time out twice a week to exercise - feel so much better for it too. Smashed my steps today by doing boogie bounce this evening.
    Normally around 2000 - 3000 but today 7402 - result 😆
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 757 Member
    For people having a hard time wearing things on your wrist, how about your ankle?

The watch part of my Fitbit pops out, so I can put it in my sock. I normally only do this around the house because I wouldn't want to lose it in the big world. Just an idea.
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,211 Member
    Username: fourathomej
    Weigh in day: Wednesday

PW: 150.2
    CW: 150
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,211 Member
    STEPS:
    1/12 - 11705
    1/13 - 13955
    1/14 - 10421
    1/15 - 15927
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    @jugar Thanks for those wrist exercises. Mine are very weak and I’m prone to ganglion cysts. I have already tried them. 😀

@conleywoods What a beautiful view you have. Just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

Steppers, I see those steps, but I can’t use my laptop to enter them. No internet. Apparently, a fiber optic cable was cut. I think someone did it so we couldn’t see the swearing in of the impeachment trial. 😉
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    What a crazy day! We have had a very blowy, snowy day - it looked like a blizzard sometimes, but now it seems to have calmed down a bit and the temps are plummeting. Thanks, you western Canadians - we really wanted to share your super chilled air :#

OK, we have proven that weather talk even trumps that thing someone cut your fiber optic cable for, @micki48 ! And I'm glad you tried the wrist series - do it every day and your ganglion cysts might go away. I had two and they are much reduced when I do these every day. Of course, that can happen with ganglion cysts, but I'm crediting these exercises - whether or not they really helped the cysts, they sure help the whole wrist and elbow system, for me anyhow.

Thursday night. That is the moment of the biggest nag-fest of the week! My fave!

HEADS UP for Friday weigh-ins!

@Connie7355
    @jugar
    @AmyRobF
    @Pearl4686
    @Steph1498
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @mrsjar5311
    @mrs_chivonne
    @bunnybuns1111
    @ann_1403
    @conleywoods
    @mbutler2013
    @robertefortier536

I'm a bit unsure about where my own weight will end up this week. It has been really erratic all week - in spite of eating rather evenly and getting at least some decent exercise. I blame the lack of snowshoeing! It has not been a good week for that, but should be back to better on the weekend. I'm experimenting with the last 5 pounds - not yet sure what the best final resting place will be (for my weight, you terrible people!). We shall see!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    deniners2 wrote: »
    For people having a hard time wearing things on your wrist, how about your ankle?

The watch part of my Fitbit pops out, so I can put it in my sock. I normally only do this around the house because I wouldn't want to lose it in the big world. Just an idea.

If I had a fitbit I'd do this for sure! My phone doesn't fit in my socks, but at least I don't have to wear it on my wrist either! Great suggestion, though. Thanks!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    I'm a bit unsure about where my own weight will end up this week. It has been really erratic all week - in spite of eating rather evenly and getting at least some decent exercise.

@jugar I feel the same, but I have way more the 5 to still lose. When I saw my numbers on the scale last week, I had to check three times because it was a happy number. Well, this whole week, when I've checked, I am no where near that number. I weighed in at 192.9 and it's been in the 194 range this whole week. Now, I'm afraid I'm going to show a gain this week and be in the red. :( . Hope not, but I just don't know. Tonight, I went over my calories the first time this week. I did hit my steps of 8k. Oh well, we will see on Saturday. Here's hoping...
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 543 Member
    Steps for today: 2,457 (& 13 floors!) I’m amazed at how fast the floors and steps add up when I’m just doing laundry and putting stuff in the attic. I have a tiny washer & spinner in the upstairs bathroom with a clothes drier in the basement. It gets things moving for sure! I’m so glad my right hip and knee are both cooperating so the stairs don’t bother me right now!
    A long wall will happen tomorrow, plus pool exercise. Yahoo!!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 975 Member
    Steps for 1/16

Glad to see my work week end. I am beat! The preschoolers were wild ones this week for some reason. Going to take it easy tonight. I'd like to work out but something light, we will see.

I will have to experiment with putting my smart watch in a pocket or my ankle or something. Maybe I can get a leather band, the silicon stuff just feels yucky after awhile. OR I just walk so much all the time and don't need a tracker🤔
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    @micki48 and @jugar I’m pretty nervous about my weigh in tomorrow as well. It hasn’t been a bad week but like you, Micki I haven’t been anywhere near where I was last Friday. Guess we shall see tomorrow. I’m going to try the wrist exercises as well. I also have the ganglion cysts. They can be very painful at times!
    We had an ice storm and snow last Friday and are suppose to get another one starting tonight. Snow seems to be much easier to deal with! We couldn’t get our car doors open for days!!
    Hope you all have a safe and happy weekend!
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 277 Member
    Steps
    1/15 9,694
  • mrsjar5311
    mrsjar5311 Posts: 514 Member
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    A question for you ladies- I need to have a coil fitted and can't decide which one. I've had the copper one before (quite a few years ago) and it was a nightmare (ill with heavy bleeding for a week every month) but I'm worried about weight gain with the Mirena. My doctor thinks the weight issue is a myth but there are so many ppl on MFP who claim to have had problems with weight because of the Mirena. Any advice?
    Thanks all!

I have a mirena and did gain weight initially but I was breastfeeding twins and eating for the world. It hasn't stopped me losing weight - I've shed 21kg in the last 12 months using IF and lifting weights 4 times a week. I have had lots of breakthrough bleeding though. I suffer from endometriosis and it's brought my symptoms under control. I had to change the mirena after 3 years instead of 5 as the endo symptoms were returning. Otherwise, all fine
  • mrsjar5311
    mrsjar5311 Posts: 514 Member
    Steps -

14th - 13, 852
    15th - 14, 660
    16th - 18, 564
    17th - 13, 639
  • ann_1403
    ann_1403 Posts: 22 Member
    ann_1403
    Weekly weigh in
    Stayed the same so 204lbs